Chicago 2018: Ford Makes the Edge Titanium More Elite: Comments

It seems Ford wasn't finished with announcements for the Edge. This week at the Chicago Auto Show, Ford will unveil the Edge Titanium Elite.

This is mostly an appearance package for the Edge with more body-color trim, 20-inch alloy wheels, and a new skid plate. Like other Edge models except for the ST, the Titanium Elite will use the 2.0L EcoBoost four-cylinder with 250 horsepower. 

Ford wants to take advantage of the growing demand for higher-end SUVs and crossovers. Over the past four years, sales of high-end SUVs for the blue oval rose six percent. The Edge itself saw an eight-percent increase in sales of the Titanium and Sport trims.

No mention of pricing, but expect to see the Titanium Elite arrive sometime later this year

Source: Ford 

View full article

Is is a nice looking CUV, but . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Hello Ford, charging more for monochromatic  rather than the chromed Titanium version just makes no sense to me especially as your now priced in the same territory as Lincoln. Competing with your own luxury brand. :huh:

This makes zero sense.  First off why does the Titanium Elite model have the same hp as the base car, and less than the Sport model.  And secondly, they already make a luxury Edge called the MKX/Nautilus.  Why would you create a car that is Lincoln priced but not as good as a Lincoln?

And if they say the Lincoln brand is damaged (which it is) so they want an alternative, well I got news for you, anyone who thinks Lincoln is damaged isn't buying a Ford either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smk4565 said:

This makes zero sense.  First off why does the Titanium Elite model have the same hp as the base car, and less than the Sport model.  And secondly, they already make a luxury Edge called the MKX/Nautilus.  Why would you create a car that is Lincoln priced but not as good as a Lincoln?

And if they say the Lincoln brand is damaged (which it is) so they want an alternative, well I got news for you, anyone who thinks Lincoln is damaged isn't buying a Ford either.

I thought that at first-but know firsthand Ford sells quite a few high end models around here. So as crazy as it sounds, I think it will do well.

And as far as Lincoln, I think they are going to push the "perks" part, a throw a few ideas on it as well..

11 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Because there a lot more Ford dealers than Lincoln dealers?  Volume....

36 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

It says "appearance package" I don't see how it would price as high as the MKX/Nautilus if that's all that's getting changed. 

Well, there is already overlap in prices....MKX starts at around $40k, Edge Titanium and Sport can be optioned up close to $50k...(using the B&P I got both Edges to over 48k).  Ford's packages are really weird, though, be causing one removes the features of another, so adding one can lower the price..

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Edge Titanium starts at 36k, with a 2.0T, MKX base price is 39k with a 3.7L. 

I clicked every box on a Titanium and it got to $44,550. All you need is the base Premier + engine and AWD to get to $43,550. That's the Lincoln nobody wants, the base package. Black Label is nearly 60k. 10k base price difference and about the same on the top end as well. The things that bring the Sport close to 48k that I don't see most getting is the rear DVD players for $1,995. Take that away and it's 46k and still a decent difference between the two vehicles. 

A Tahoe and Yukon can also be priced above a base Escalade, Let alone a Denali.