Jump to content
Drew Dowdell

General Motorcycle Chat

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I think I've come to the conclusion that I just don't like V-Twins. 

Only Yamaha has ever had a silky smooth V-Twin I would consider. Harley's are just too much vibrations rocking along with noise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta Love this Electric Bike

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ykX said:

I think these look great!  They should have done these at least 10 years ago!

 

harley-davidson-streetfighter-concept-02

 

This is the only one that I would consider driving and it looks fantastic. 

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I think I've come to the conclusion that I just don't like V-Twins. 

Sporty twins are awesome. I've ridden a buddy's Aprilia Tuono and absolutely loved the effortless power. You didn't need to rev it to go and if you really want to get nasty you can ring her tight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

This is the only one that I would consider driving and it looks fantastic. 

Sporty twins are awesome. I've ridden a buddy's Aprilia Tuono and absolutely loved the effortless power. You didn't need to rev it to go and if you really want to get nasty you can ring her tight. 

"Twins" are fine, it's when they're in a V that I don't seem to care for them (Disclaimer, I've yet to drive a Moto Guzzi, so not sure on that).  They just feel too lumpy and unrefined even if they've got good power.  I tried out an Indian Scout about a month ago.  Ergonomically, it was a great bike, but I just didn't care for the lumpy engine. 

Now an inline twin like the Kawasaki I posted above or a flat twin like the BMW, those I like.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

"Twins" are fine, it's when they're in a V that I don't seem to care for them (Disclaimer, I've yet to drive a Moto Guzzi, so not sure on that).  They just feel too lumpy and unrefined even if they've got good power.  I tried out an Indian Scout about a month ago.  Ergonomically, it was a great bike, but I just didn't care for the lumpy engine. 

Now an inline twin like the Kawasaki I posted above or a flat twin like the BMW, those I like.  

Yeah, I'm talking about V-Twins. Put them in a sporty bike that still likes to rev and they're great. 

V-Twins in bikes like these are fantastic. 

Monster 796.jpg

Tuono.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I'll have to try more of them.  I'm not one to turn down the opportunity to try a bike.

These definitely rev higher and are 1000 times smoother than your typical cruiser, large displacement, V-twin. 

They aren't as smooth as an inline-4 but their power delivery is way better, unless you're on a race track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

These definitely rev higher and are 1000 times smoother than your typical cruiser, large displacement, V-twin. 

They aren't as smooth as an inline-4 but their power delivery is way better, unless you're on a race track.

I still haven't bought anything.  The reality is that I am not around enough this summer to ride it, so I haven't been doing much shopping.  I'm still on the Kawasaki Vulcan S, or BMW R9T, or Honda CB1100EX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...