The front end is an improvement but that wood looks terrible.

Kinda reminds me of the wood used in the Enclave... I wonder what the production version of the wood will look like?

I saw a few with covers being loaded onto a truck. The pilots were produced on third week of April . . . full production begins following the shutdown. It's good to see a fresh face on the Pacifica's.

That one big ugly piece of wood on the dash is not 100% production. I don't believe for a second Chrysler would use 2 or 3 different woodgrain patterns in an interior...from that picture the dash wood is the same blonde tone but the dark brown blotches aren't present on the shift knob or interior door trim. I can't tell, but the door trim and shift knob even look slightly different though that could just be the lighting. I'm going to go out on a limb and say the dash piece has a brown-blotched film over it as some kind of interior camo, otherwise we are seeing a sneak peak at the Pacifica Safari Edition...

These modern "redesigns" are just lame. They tacked

on the Crossfires headligths, which in 2006 are pretty

played out and old and somehow it's a reskin. Lame.

The Pacifica is kind of like the Intrepid of Crossovers,

it looks nice enough but in a market segment where

the SRX & FX35/45 are only a few thousand dollars

away it's lame. The SRX and FX own this segment IMO.

The Pacifica is kind of like the Intrepid of Crossovers,

it looks nice enough but in a market segment where

the SRX & FX35/45 are only a few thousand dollars

away it's lame. The SRX and FX own this segment IMO.

Completely different segments. Think of the FX/X5/M-Class as Nomads and the Pacifica/Freestyle/Enclave as Kingswood Estates.

SRX falls somewhere in between due to its spaciousness and available third-row, but the Pacifica is geared towards the family while FX, et al are meant for car buyers or QX4 owners that are sick of people asking what kind of Pathfinder they have.

Completely different segments. Think of the FX/X5/M-Class as Nomads and the Pacifica/Freestyle/Enclave as Kingswood Estates.

SRX falls somewhere in between due to its spaciousness and available third-row, but the Pacifica is geared towards the family while FX, et al are meant for car buyers or QX4 owners that are sick of people asking what kind of Pathfinder they have.

Cross out Enclave and insert Outlook, IMO.

Edited by empowah

It looks nice, and fits in with Chrysler's overall design language somehow.

But...

Check out the headlamps. Do they not appear similar to those of the Volkswagen Eos/New Polo????

That wood looks nasty and the ribbed hood is just plain wierd. I have never been a fan of the Pacifica's center stack and the wood just makes it look worse. The headlights are a nice touch, though.

Fly:

I hear you but no doubt there's some cross-shopping

going on there, a lot of SUV buyers don;t need a 3rd

row anyway since they have one or two kids so even

an FX is possible.

That basic style of headlight started out on the 300C, with the round element outboard of a rectangular one.

The Pacifica always reminded me of a dirigible. It seems... inflated or something. It looks porky, imo.

I am not a fan of the hood strakes. I hope they don't spread to the 300. Does the new Sebring have them? (going to check the other thread)

that's refreshed? looks like the same cheap plastic, same radio controls/HVAC controls, same overdone styling on the outside, same sales dud...

:lol::lol:

"Same sales dud"......huh?

The Pacifica has sold 29,235 vehicles through April of this year. Last year through April the Pacfica had sold 27,496 units. I don't have the total numbers handy for last year, but for this year, if you use the almost 30,000 vehicles for the first four months of the year.......that projects out to roughly 120,000 vehicles this year.

Sales dud?? :scratchchin:

Source: http://www.allpar.com/forums/index.php?act...ype=post&id=799

:lol:  :lol:

"Same sales dud"......huh?

The Pacifica has sold 29,235 vehicles through April of this year.  Last year through April the Pacfica had sold 27,496 units.  I don't have the total numbers handy for last year, but for this year, if you use the almost 30,000 vehicles for the first four months of the year.......that projects out to roughly 120,000 vehicles this year.

Sales dud??  :scratchchin:

Source: http://www.allpar.com/forums/index.php?act...ype=post&id=799

through April Honda has sold 46,432 Pilots, without major incentives and the backing of a major dealer body like Chrysler has. Pacifica is a nice enough idea that isn't executed the way it should be....too heavy, poor/geriatric design, poor quality interior, terrible transmission.....speak to owners about it and you'll hear nothing but complaints.......Pacifica=sales dud....look up the number of dealers has in America compared to Honda, then compare total sales figures, then look at incentives, and you'll see which car people truly want. Edited by turbo200

Guest YellowJacket894

What's a Pacifica?

Just joking, but, no kidding, I don't get why Chrysler even bothers with this damn thing. A local dealer has zero -- count 'em zero! -- Pacificas their lot. Sounds like a sales flunk to me.

through April Honda has sold 46,432 Pilots, without major incentives and the backing of a major dealer body like Chrysler has. Pacifica is a nice enough idea that isn't executed the way it should be....too heavy, poor/geriatric design, poor quality interior, terrible transmission.....speak to owners about it and you'll hear nothing but complaints.......Pacifica=sales dud....look up the number of dealers has in America compared to Honda, then compare total sales figures, then look at incentives, and you'll see which car people truly want.

More: :lol::lol:

My parents have one, and they love it! The interior is very nice. Much nicer than any Honda or Toyota. They have not had any problems with it.....NONE. It's only been back to the dealership for oil changes.

Comparing the Pacifica to the Pilot is not very reasonable. The Pilot is Honda's only mid to large SUV (and the Pacifia is an AWD crossover). You should really be comparing the Pilot sales to the sales of the: Pacifica, Jeep GC, Jeep Commander, and Dodge Durango combined. The Pacifica is a niche vehicle.

It's obvious that you know nothing about the Pacifica, and are just talking $h!. You can just say that you don't like instead of trying to create a bunch of reasons why it sucks.

Want to talk about failures? What about the multi award winning Honda Ridgeline? Those things are selling like 55,000 a year? That's roughly 65,000 less than the sales dud Pacifica! :thumbsup:

It's obvious that you know nothing about the Pacifica, and are just talking $h!.  You can just say that you don't like instead of trying to create a bunch of reasons why it sucks.

For real. The Pacifica is very competitive...and a lot of families like its happy medium between a minivan and an SUV.

More: :lol::lol:

My parents have one, and they love it! The interior is very nice. Much nicer than any Honda or Toyota. They have not had any problems with it.....NONE. It's only been back to the dealership for oil changes.

sounds pretty reasonable to me, one family's experience, that certainly speaks for the whole consumer base

Comparing the Pacifica to the Pilot is not very reasonable. The Pilot is Honda's only mid to large SUV (and the Pacifia is an AWD crossover). You should really be comparing the Pilot sales to the sales of the: Pacifica, Jeep GC, Jeep Commander, and Dodge Durango combined. The Pacifica is a niche vehicle. [\quote]

next time stop at one drink

[\quote]

It's obvious that you know nothing about the Pacifica, and are just talking $h!. You can just say that you don't like instead of trying to create a bunch of reasons why it sucks.

i have no reason. i do not like the Pacifica, but I think it's a good vehicle and a good idea. I hate the design. But it works for some. Moreon, it's a classless vehicle when compared to the Pilot.

[\quote]

Want to talk about failures? What about the multi award winning Honda Ridgeline? Those things are selling like 55,000 a year? That's roughly 65,000 less than the sales dud Pacifica! :thumbsup:

honda's predictions were no more than 55k/yr. that aside, we're talking about the PAcifica, and how it failed to meet expectations [not sales, but class expectations]. I said it's a nice vehicle, but simply does not measure up to superior vehicles like the Pilot. That's why it sells with incentives. Drive a Pilot and compare the two....you are arguing baseless accusations.

For real.  The Pacifica is very competitive...and a lot of families like its happy medium between a minivan and an SUV.

On paper... until you realize how $h!ty the visibility it is, how useless the third-row is, and how underachieving the powerplant is. The Freestyle is a much, much better crossover.. shame about its looks and poor sales.

• 3 weeks later...