Jump to content
Robert Hall

February Car Spotting

Recommended Posts

Just now, Robert Hall said:

They were from L.A..West Coast hip hop...their lead rapper Everlast had some solo success..

Los Angeles.... I was waaaaaay off.  LOL

Dont know Everlast as a soloist either. 

Its funny we are mentioning House of Pain and  West Coast hip hop and hooligans from a ghetto somewhere as I was JUST JUST listening to Straight Outta Compton.  I saw the movie recently, like last week I think, or was it the week before....anyway, and I always had that song stuck in my head all this time while resisting the urge to play it on youtube.  Well, the 5 seconds that I listened to The Disturbed Shout cover, I went all out ghetto hip hop. And while House of Pain was not part of the playlist, other bling bling and gangsta rap was.  I like some rap. Not all. Some bling bling rap like Biggie Smalls is kinda funny to me. Although I dont like the lyrics to Straight Outta Compton, I do realize and respect why its there...but I like the "melodies" and the beats to these. Kinda fun to listen too once in a while. 

Back to February car spotting.

I got nothing interesting other than the Pontiac G8 for today.

I did see a cleanish Buick Park Avenue last week. It was an Ultra. With the portholes on the side telling me it was a 2003, 2004 model? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Los Angeles.... I was waaaaaay off.  LOL

Dont know Everlast as a soloist either. 

Its funny we are mentioning House of Pain and  West Coast hip hop and hooligans from a ghetto somewhere as I was JUST JUST listening to Straight Outta Compton.  I saw the movie recently, like last week I think, or was it the week before....anyway, and I always had that song stuck in my head all this time while resisting the urge to play it on youtube.  Well, the 5 seconds that I listened to The Disturbed Shout cover, I went all out ghetto hip hop. And while House of Pain was not part of the playlist, other bling bling and gangsta rap was.  I like some rap. Not all. Some bling bling rap like Biggie Smalls is kinda funny to me. Although I dont like the lyrics to Straight Outta Compton, I do realize and respect why its there...but I like the "melodies" and the beats to these. Kinda fun to listen too once in a while. 

Back to February car spotting.

I got nothing interesting other than the Pontiac G8 for today.

I did see a cleanish Buick Park Avenue last week. It was an Ultra. With the portholes on the side telling me it was a 2003, 2004 model? 

I like those Park Avenues.     As far as hip hop, I do listen to some occasionally... I did see Dr Dre, Ice Cube, Snoop Dogg Eminem and others on the Up in Smoke Tour back in '00...I do like the old Dr Dre and Tupac tracks like 'California Love'.. 

Didn't see much of anything this week..haven't left the house since Monday (a downside/upside to working from home?).  Got to get out and run around some this weekend. 

Edited by Robert Hall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20190207_152026.jpg

Saw this Chevy sonic LT in Green and it had a Bolt nose on it, but was sharp looking for a subcompact. Also at the gym was the last generation Buick station wagon in white, very clean and sharp.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Battleship gray Bolt, near Ephrata, PA as I was leaving Fox Meadows Creamery.  Tasty pine-rosemary ice cream, first time tryin' it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had some correspondence in the past with Crawford while researching the Argonaut car. They had a Argonaut-branded neo-classic in the '90s but lost track of it. I found out online it has gone to Japan and it's getting fairly ratty.
Looks like an awesome place.

On 2/6/2019 at 10:19 AM, ykX said:

Maybe because almost nobody buys them?

Of course; this statement is relative. The Model 3 is an EV anomaly; no other EVs' "get bought" relative to the 3 (2018: 139K), but if you omit the Model 3, the Bolt, Volt & Clarity were neck & neck last year at 18K sales. Model X was just above at 25K. These other models are in the top 7 in EV / PHEV sales... it's just that EV sales in general are pathetic right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out on the freeway last night I saw a grubby orange Lamborghini Aventador in traffic...lots of salt and winter grime on it.  Unusual to see a Lambo out and and about in February in Cleveland..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found these two poor babies on the way home from costco today.

20190217_125848.jpg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw my first in the wild White Lincoln Nautilus. Brand new, only had paper tags in the back window. Sharp looking from the outside, but still not sold on the interior and retro look n feel. Does remind me of the late 70's luxury auto's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Just saw my first in the wild White Lincoln Nautilus. Brand new, only had paper tags in the back window. Sharp looking from the outside, but still not sold on the interior and retro look n feel. Does remind me of the late 70's luxury auto's.

Must be the 1970s in a parallel universe.. nothing about this looks 1970s to me.  Late 70s cars were very square and upright inside and usually had bench seats.   The Nautilus doesn't seem retro to me, just an update to the  MKX... I like the berry red seats and trim.

 

images-12.jpeg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Must be the 1970s in a parallel universe.. nothing about this looks 1970s to me.  Late 70s cars were very square and upright inside and usually had bench seats.   The Nautilus doesn't seem retro to me, just an update to the  MKX... I like the berry red seats and trim.

Yeah, the newest Lincolns are American style to me, not retro.  Love 'em.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Must be the 1970s in a parallel universe.. nothing about this looks 1970s to me.  Late 70s cars were very square and upright inside and usually had bench seats.   The Nautilus doesn't seem retro to me, just an update to the  MKX... I like the berry red seats and trim.

 

images-12.jpeg

Must be thinking of the aviator that has that after thought Nav screen sitting on top of the vents just sticking up in an odd place and the retro controls below. White Nautilus was going the opposite direction from me on 220th here, so saw it coming and going in the mirror was it. Thanks for posting that pic. That is a much nicer dash than what I had in my head. Your right the berry red seats and trim is nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Must be thinking of the aviator that has that after thought Nav screen sitting on top of the vents just sticking up in an odd place and the retro controls below. White Nautilus was going the opposite direction from me on 220th here, so saw it coming and going in the mirror was it. Thanks for posting that pic. That is a much nicer dash than what I had in my head. Your right the berry red seats and trim is nice.

The Nautilus dash is basically the same as the MKX, which follows the Fusion/MKZ early 10s styling themes that many current Ford products have..  The Aviator is all new, and does have the attached tablet screen.  Still doesn't look very retro to me.

 

 

images-13.jpeg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

The Nautilus dash is basically the same as the MKX, which follows the Fusion/MKZ early 10s styling themes that many current Ford products have..  The Aviator is all new, and does have the attached tablet screen.  Still doesn't look very retro to me.

 

 

images-13.jpeg

Thank you, yes this is the dash I was thinking of and to me very retro with the round dial knobs, the upright flat dash and the after thought nav screen. To me this is retro terrible for a modern 21st century auto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

The Nautilus dash is basically the same as the MKX, which follows the Fusion/MKZ early 10s styling themes that many current Ford products have..  The Aviator is all new, and does have the attached tablet screen.  Still doesn't look very retro to me.

 

 

images-13.jpeg

Puts the XT6 on the trailer.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw a 1995 or 1996 Buick Regal GS coupe in metallic gold (meh) and with the rear trunk lid luggage treatment (not good).  What I thought was interesting was the transition from hood ornament to the Buick medallion laid flat, Euro style.  It was in near perfect condition.  Amazing that this was a 23+ year old car.

I sort of liked my hood ornament on that car but I don't think they work well with the GS trim.  The medallion made more sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coincidentally I saw an early W-body Regal Custom coupe, light blue over blue cloth, in the grocery store parking lot, looking worse for wear, but hey, it got there under its own power!  No dents, just heavily weathered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×