Interior of Mercedes-Benz GLB Concept Rendered :Comments

Mercedes-Benz will use the Shanghai Motor Show to introduce a concept version of the upcoming GLB small crossover to slot between the GLA and GLC in the lineup.  Ahead of the show in two weeks, Mercedes has released a rendering of what the interior of the concept might look like.  It shows a very boxy interior with deep HVAC pods, the MBUX wide dual-screen dash, and a 3 point star without the ring on the airbag cover. The controls on the dash, steering wheel, and door look very familiar to existing Mercedes products, leading us to believe that this concept will be very close to the production version. 

Spy photos of the GLB indicate that the exterior is just as boxy as the interior and that it may be taking a styling queue or two from the king of the Mercedes SUV lineup, the G-Wagon. Like the GLC, expect a 2.0 liter turbo as a base engine with an up-tuned AMG 35 version to come later.

View full article

Meh, 🤷‍♂️ I want to like MB products but just cannot get excited about the interiors or the blah everything looks identical just about exteriors.

1 hour ago, smk4565 said:

It will have an A-class looking interior.  They'll sell boatloads of them to people that want a G-wagen but can't afford one.

I question that, 6 months of continual sales decline, my gut tells me people are getting tired of the MB products and having them everywhere from the Kia entry level to the so called Luxury level, but all for the most part looking the same. I think their leadership will be replaced by some other company.

14 hours ago, dfelt said:

I question that, 6 months of continual sales decline, my gut tells me people are getting tired of the MB products and having them everywhere from the Kia entry level to the so called Luxury level, but all for the most part looking the same. I think their leadership will be replaced by some other company.

G-class is doing well, the GLB could be what reverses the decline.  It will sell well in China and Europe also where gas is expensive.  GLB might be a 3- row also which no one in this segment does 

4 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

G-class is doing well, the GLB could be what reverses the decline.  It will sell well in China and Europe also where gas is expensive.  GLB might be a 3- row also which no one in this segment does 

Over all MB is starting to make the same mistakes of old GM, sitting on models longer and updating them later and missing the desire by the public.

14 hours ago, dfelt said:

Does that mean people are tiring of Cadillac, too?  Every one of their vehicles was down. 

31 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Does that mean people are tiring of Cadillac, too?  Every one of their vehicles was down. 

I have honestly thought of that as well. Two things is one style, has it grown old, stale, uninteresting and two Fit / Finish in comparison to other brands?

Competition is very much heating up and while I am a fan of Mary and her drive for sustainable profits, I do question the short term thinking in regards to the name plate products they currently have since the EVs are not ready to role out yet. The excitement factor is something to question and not just at GM but other OEMs as well.

As @balthazar has pointed out, when was the last time Mercedes showed us a concept and actually then built it?

Yes, many build concepts as style studies to gage attendees reactions, but were never intended to be built and other times you have concepts such as what Cadillac has done in the last couple that people have loved and they have failed to build them let alone refresh the current products to build on the excitement it generates.

Final point is the amount of debt people have, many just cannot afford to trade in / trade up. So the market will suffer.

My gut tells me we have finally entered the bear market that will see a 12 to 18 months of soft sales till various new EVs show up and actual new product is available for sale.

4 hours ago, dfelt said:

Over all MB is starting to make the same mistakes of old GM, sitting on models longer and updating them later and missing the desire by the public.

All their cars on in a 7 year cycle with a refresh after 4 years as it has been the past 30 years or so.

The SL and G-class are the exception to that. 

• 2 weeks later...