Nissan News: 2020 Nissan Titan Debuts

Drew Dowdell

At the Texas State Fair today, Nissan debuted the updated 2020 Nissan Titan. The 2020 Titan features a bold new grille and light designs that help differentiate the various trim levels of the truck. Inside on the redesigned center stack is a new 9-inch diagonal touchscreen infotainment system with built in Wifi router. The infotainment system also features Android Auto and Apple Car Play. Safety features include Nissan Safety Shield 360, standard on all grades of truck. The Titan will come in King Cab and Crew Cab body styles and 5 levels of trim. Crew Cab models have an available panoramic sunroof that is one of the largest in the segment at over 3 square feet.  

On the powertrain front, the Titan retains its sole 5.6 liter V8, but now upgraded to 400 horsepower and 413 lb.-ft of torque.  By virtue of not offering a V6, the Titan can lay claim to having the most powerful base engine offered in the segment. Backing up that V8 is a new 9-speed automatic running power to the rear or all four wheels. 

The new Titan goes on sale in early 2020. 

View full article

Over all a nice looking truck that clearly copied nuances from Ford.

The first silver / wood dash looks dated and cheap to me.

The second all black dash with red stiching and black chrome accents I really like. Looks good.

Over all should sell well for them.

Just now, Drew Dowdell said:

Never did before... I don't think these updates are enough to yank people out of their F-150s as nice as these updates are. 

True, I would agree with that statement that it will not win over any Ford, Chevrolet, GMC or RAM fans, but for the asian fans, it should do better than the current model on the lots.

15 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

Not enough engine choices, there should be minimum 3 engine offerings.   Probably has worst in class fuel economy due to the only engine being a 5.6 V8 from a 2007 Infiniti M56.

Could probably use the 3.0TT from Infiniti also. 

10 hours ago, dfelt said:

True, I would agree with that statement that it will not win over any Ford, Chevrolet, GMC or RAM fans, but for the asian fans, it should do better than the current model on the lots.

Lets keep Race out of this (Sarcasm) 🤣

• Haha 1

Losing the Cummins and only having an old gas hog engine is going to kill this truck. Guessing it will go from 8-10k a quarter in sales to 4k-5k at best. 

12 hours ago, USA-1 Vortec 6.2 said:

Losing the Cummins and only having an old gas hog engine is going to kill this truck. Guessing it will go from 8-10k a quarter in sales to 4k-5k at best. 

I don't think they sold that many of the Cummins. If they had, it probably would still be in production. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I don't think they sold that many of the Cummins. If they had, it probably would still be in production. 

Well, they screwed up and lost sales not offering it with the B20 biodiesel and I heard it was pretty thirsty too. Maybe it was also a short 1 or 2 year trial type contract with Cummins that ended and they didn't renew it because it didn't sell. Either way, like others were saying they need more than one engine, even the old @ss Tundra has at least 2 engines to offer.  

5 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Nothing to get excited about at all...discounts will help move this thing....

Well, it is a Nissan and that was Pontiac's motto "We Build Excitement" so... :)

• Haha 2

My parents had one of these bad-boy's growing up, '81 GP with the 265 V8 2 barrel carb, but not with a T top, pretty rare model there. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I say this sounds like a young James Earl Jones narrating. Agree or any other guesses?

Edited by USA-1 Vortec 6.2
Removed vid link.
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, USA-1 Vortec 6.2 said:

My parents had one of these bad-boy's growing up, '81 GP with the 265 V8 2 barrel carb, but not with a T top, pretty rare model there. 

These are perfect sleepers for putting in a Automatic Connect & Cruise crate system from GM Performance.

https://www.gmperformancemotor.com/category/AUTOCC.html

I love these packages.

• Agree 1

On 9/26/2019 at 12:42 PM, dfelt said:

The 2020 Nissan Titan reminds me of the mid-1970s Volvo 240. A very safe vehicle with a lot of standard equipment and very few optional upgrades unless you move up a trim level. It does not have enough cameras or other driver safety equipment.

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

How much is that alone causing the sales flatline tho?

Nissan Titan's sales figures for August 2019 were only 2.5% of the total number of pickups sold in the US. Most of that figure is repeating customers. Any new bell or whistle (the other guys have) should be on the Titan including GMC's top of the line tailgate.

Edited by Larry C. Brown
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2019 at 9:40 AM, Drew Dowdell said:

Never did before... I don't think these updates are enough to yank people out of their F-150s as nice as these updates are. 

I agree. In the Pick Up world, lack of powertrain choices is a deal killer for most folks.