Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

LOT TROLLING: 2021 Buick Envision Photos

Here's a couple pictures of Buick Envisions I took while out at some lots today.

754073F4-D966-429F-A76B-FD436C9D58B9.jpeg

49A4712E-4565-42F2-B69C-19DC75E2B246.jpeg

F231C6BE-ED89-48D0-A992-5E04BF4B8A91.jpeg

079D98ED-DBA5-4C7C-94CA-38FCDF1DF556.jpeg

FA482CBC-A543-493C-9A38-D1A2E6874418.jpeg

Through the window glass, the interior looks to be as nice as it seems in pictures, but perhaps less spacious feeling than the outgoing Envision...perhaps mainly due to a less tall cabin.

Edited by regfootball
  • Agree 3

How about a "Free Spirit" edition? Or does 'free spirit' not jive with 'Made in China'.

weird_1975_buickregal_pacecar_barrett201

FreeSpiritLeftSide.jpg

"Buick Roadmaster Free Spirit Tour X"

buick-pace-car-station-wagon-1.jpg

1976-Buick-Century-Free-Spirit-Side-Prof

Image result for buick free spirit

Makes me wonder, in Canada, would a Buick Lacrosse 'fappening edition' been a big seller?

WUT?

Buick

SKYHAWK ROADHAWK

Double hawk!

Image result for buick free spirit

Edited by regfootball
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

If Lacrosse was two words rather than one, then maybe.  But then again, une crosse could also mean a scam.

Much ado about nothing really because Quebecois arent uptight about sexuality. And they get a good laugh about such things as well.  Hence why GM went with Lacrosse on the next gen.  

Ill tell you what was a scam though. A REAL crosse. Buick not giving us a phoquing Riviera.  Those Chinese Riviera concepts at the turn of this century sure were sweeeeet.   Its like Buick in China had some real "FREE SPIRIT" back then.  

Ill tell you what, IF the Expos come back to Montreal sometime in my lifetime, an Andre Dawson "HAWK" edition might just sway me to buy one. Even if it was one of those a cute crossover thingys...

Image result for andre dawson hawk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Neat dash..I like how the screen is integrated and not standing up like a glued-on tablet in many vehicles.   The asymmetry is a nice, distinct touch, instead of the usual generic center stack.   Squint and you can see a slight resemblance to a similar driver-centric dash from Buicks 50 years ago.... 

IMG_0192.jpg.34479382c58b2f45bf08d45a151f1be1.jpg

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, balthazar said:

My dealer has a darker red/black ST on the floor- exterior looks pretty good.
I don't care for all the asymmetry on the dash tho.

Some asymmetry is ok but yes it’s ‘quite’ driver oriented in this. Better than the big vertical iPad tacked onto the dash like Ford is doing though, I figure. The interior quality is pretty nice I think for where it sits in the market. I like the interiors of both the new Envision and Encore GX.....I wish the Enclave would update the interior a bit. These new Buick interiors are still pretty consistent in design with my TourX. 

• Agree 2

On 2/7/2021 at 11:14 PM, regfootball said:

Buick Envisions 

754073F4-D966-429F-A76B-FD436C9D58B9.jpeg

F231C6BE-ED89-48D0-A992-5E04BF4B8A91.jpeg

FA482CBC-A543-493C-9A38-D1A2E6874418.jpeg

Through the window glass, the interior looks to be as nice as it seems in pictures, but perhaps less spacious feeling than the outgoing Envision...perhaps mainly due to a less tall cabin.

I am not sure about this one.  I am warming up to the front end ... some.  I liked the previous and more "classic" Buick front end on this car more.  Isn't it great how the word "troll" has become entrenched in our vocabulary?  So, here we have "lot trolling," which is certainly less invasive than "realtor trolling."  I doubt if kids today even know what a "looky-loo" is!

On 2/12/2021 at 6:15 PM, regfootball said:

How about a "Free Spirit" edition? Or does 'free spirit' not jive with 'Made in China'.

weird_1975_buickregal_pacecar_barrett201

1976-Buick-Century-Free-Spirit-Side-Prof

Makes me wonder, in Canada, would a Buick Lacrosse 'fappening edition' been a big seller?

The first is unmistakably '75.  Without a few clues, the second is either '76 or '77.  So cool that Buick pulled off this colonnade that looked good with either the upright Parthenon grilled or the canted back slatted one we see in the sportier model shown.  And which you once owned and some cats took refuge in the engine bay to shield themselves from the elements!  You can't make stuff like that up.

9 hours ago, regfootball said:

CB0C0B37-0C46-42ED-858A-9C69673AF496.jpeg

C1BE34B4-6804-4EAB-8546-31538735E92D.jpeg

B533D837-A7E7-4AAB-9F89-F2868F55BE05.jpeg

59E26796-59C1-4DCD-BA82-E4764EC71A9E.jpeg

73F1E92A-67DD-4AD0-BD81-BD775A997ACB.jpeg

Here's where I have a problem.  I don't like that oversized touch screen panel occupying too large of a portion of the dash.  With the last Envision, I liked the center area being anchored at the right by an old school chronometer - a la Chrysler 300 - while still having a large enough touch screen area for a lot of features.  That one looked good.

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

My dealer has a darker red/black ST on the floor- exterior looks pretty good.
I don't care for all the asymmetry on the dash tho.

Concisely stated.  Right.  It doesn't have to be symmetrical, but it can be what they term "asymmetrically symmetrical."  This isn't.

Edited by trinacriabob

one reason for the screen sort of being where it is, this is a platform companion to the XT4.  I recall reading something from Cadillac design where they had purposely lowered the screen relative to a lot of the new cars coming out (Ford Ipad on dash, that means you).  Under the premise of it wasn't up so high blocking your view, and also to be easier to reach when using the screen, since it is similarly located as in the XT4.  The screen here while very asymmetrical and a bit overdone, actually does put a bulk of that big screen within easy reach.  The buttons to the left of the screen are sort of hard to get to behind the steering wheel though.

I think Buick has a desirable ride here, but i think this may have been better as XT5 size rather than XT4 size in the market.  Or they should have both sizes.  The XT4 is still tight inside but not overly so.....snug, yes.

12 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Neat dash..I like how the screen is integrated and not standing up like a glued-on tablet in many vehicles.   The asymmetry is a nice, distinct touch, instead of the usual generic center stack.   Squint and you can see a slight resemblance to a similar driver-centric dash from Buicks 50 years ago.... 

IMG_0192.jpg.34479382c58b2f45bf08d45a151f1be1.jpg

Plywood prices the way they are these days, how can you afford to put those flat slabs of it on these car dashes...  LOL

"PLOOD"

Edited by regfootball