Award For "Ugliest Kitchen" Goes to...

Posted Image

Wow... that looks like my kitchen... Wait............. IT IS!!!!! OMG!!!!! MY KITCHEN IS UGLY!!!!! :o

Yes, very ugly. What, with those orange countertops, mix-matched counter, goldish-yellow-wood cabinet finish, green and pink flowered walls with lower wood panelling, stained steel sink, uneven and unlevel wooden floor with a green rug over it... and to top it off... white "goes with everything" appliances. Pretty, isn't it? :D:P

Whoa... this totally goes against all that Queer Eye for the Straight Guy stuff... TV always told me gay people were neat and fastidious...

Has TV lied to me?! No, it couldn't have! TV gives so much and asks for so little.

Edited by Captainbooyah

Well it would be a little nicer without the pile of dishes in the sink and all the crap on the counters and stove. Gett off your lazy butt and straighten it out.

*cracks whip*

Guest YellowJacket894

What did those cabinets come out of? An old fishing boat?

Reminds me of this old house my parents almost bought. It's was out in the middle of nowhere...and down the road lived the best example of white trash. Anywhere. (Someone had a nice new Victorian-style house built and the front lawn looked like Uncle Joe's Junkyard. Old cars, stoves, you name it and it was there.) Some odd, piss-ant-sized bit of the property was across the road and useless because it was wooded. The kitchen was something like BV's but with these nasty, fusty green countertops. And the bathroom had a blue bathtub. And that's leaving out the small windows and shag carpet.

On the plus side, though, there was a huge downstairs and the house had two fireplaces. But, of course, there was Jeb and Cleb down the road with their $h!ty little house and the place had a wierd...feeling. Or it did to me, at least.

As long as the kitchen has food, its a fantastic kitchen.

A kitchen with stainless steel appliances, a two-tier electric range, and a fridge with a TV in it isn't worth a damn without food.

...But at least with the TV you can watch stuff in the kitchen when your normal TV-watching area is invaded by strange people.

In my area there are people who go whole hog getting a full-on cooks kitchens complete with sub-zero iceboxes and Aga Ranges (who would want one in southern California? a stove that's always on?) for people that only reheat their Hot Pockets and to keep the Koo Koo Roo hot. Of course, i'm not jealous at all....

:hissyfit:

• 2 weeks later...

I'll post photos later but ask XP how ugly the kitchen

is in the rental house we have... black countertops

are NOT a good idea. :blink:

My kitchen is quite interesting. The guy who decorated my place last was DEFINATELY gay. I live in a gay area so this wouldn't be surprising. The front hall was Barney the Dinosaur purple when I moved in. Yeesh. I painted that a nice green. There was another purple wall as well that I painted a chocolate brown. The kitchen I'm not so sure about. It's definately outrageous, but I kind of like it at the same time. It's got a dark green / light green marbelized countertop, deep orangey-red painted concrete floor, and very bright lemon-lime cupboards. I know those colours sound like they don't go, but somehow it works. I'm not even sure what I would change or how.