Jump to content

April showers car sputtering thread.


Recommended Posts

Yesterday and Saturday I saw a solid looking black '75 Chevy Laguna coupe, and a auto shop that had maybe 1/2 dozen or more partially covered '58-59 Edsels and a premiered '70 Cougar shell out front in Navarre, Ohio (small town near Massillon).

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I saw such a thing this morning. It was a Ford Tempo!

I then pulled up next to the driver.

It looked boxy, so I thought it was a sedan.  It was a coupe.  The driver, while adjacent to me, told me it was a 1994, all original, and had less than 60,000 miles on it.  It was in excellent condition.  Its color was charcoal metallic with a dark red interior.  What a throwback.

It was one of these (an example):

ford-tempo-1983-1994-coupe-exterior-3.jp

I used to work with a guy in Atlanta who had one, and his joke was that his Tempo, which he didn't find to be good, was only "TEMPOrary."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw my first in the wild Rivians, one up in the snow and the other near home coming back from skiing.

21433.jpeg21405.jpeg

Have to say, I really like the looks.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Seen on April Fool's Day:

KIMG0151.thumb.JPG.5799d2bf688330456fd58a80082eee9f.JPG

After renting several, I've come to have a soft spot for the little Ford Fiesta.  

It was probably meant to compete with the Chevy Sonic and Spark.  The Chevy have some shared accessories, such as switches, with the upline GM models, so that's a nice aspect about them.  However, the Fiesta is more fun to drive than either of the Chevy econoboxes, not to mention having a reasonable amount of rear overhang compared to the small Chevys, which seem sheared off toward the rear.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seen the first weekend of April.  This dealership seems to have no shortage of new Chargers.  However, most of them feature the higher priced trim packages, and higher MSRP prices.

KIMG0157.thumb.JPG.0783a41971ad5cd5d1801e744defe04e.JPG

The interesting thing is that they won't tell you whereabouts - vis-a-vis MSRP - they will sell you a new one.  The prices for used ones a few years old on the lot were absurd.  They weren't interested in discussing the topic of prices unless a person was a "here and now" buyer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw this Buick Verano 2 days ago, in the evening, after walking out of a store.

KIMG0297.thumb.JPG.fb55518e037ed3a86a1f5dd289286af3.JPG

These Veranos are now 10 year old cars, are usually kept up, and their owners seem to like them.  In a way, the situation reminds me of how compact Olds Aleros are still seen on the road many (~20) years later.

And here I thought I'd be cashing in my GM points on whatever the latest rendition of the Verano might be, albeit on some updated platform.  I guess that's not going to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Saw this Buick Verano 2 days ago, in the evening, after walking out of a store.

KIMG0297.thumb.JPG.fb55518e037ed3a86a1f5dd289286af3.JPG

These Veranos are now 10 year old cars, are usually kept up, and their owners seem to like them.  In a way, the situation reminds me of how compact Olds Aleros are still seen on the road many (~20) years later.

And here I thought I'd be cashing in my GM points on whatever the latest rendition of the Verano might be, albeit on some updated platform.  I guess that's not going to happen.

Didn't these have the 2.0T as an option?

If so, that'd be a fun little sleeper car. 

Just looked it up, Yes, it can be had with the 2.0T but also a MANUAL TRANSMISSION! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Didn't these have the 2.0T as an option?

If so, that'd be a fun little sleeper car. 

Just looked it up, Yes, it can be had with the 2.0T but also a MANUAL TRANSMISSION! 

The uplevel sportier model is the one which I believe had this (^) engine.  I've rented about 5 of them across 3 or so years, and my rental cars always had the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder.  They put out 180 hp.  Acceptable but not fantastic for highway fuel economy for a 4 cyl.  They are very quiet and smooth riding cars.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Saw this Porsche on the road, not sure which model, but YUCK, that rear end sucks.

20220510_083523.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

@Davidwill not fit in a Macan. lol 

But he claims he can fit "comfortably" in a Bolt.. 🤔

I know you're partially joking here but I should point out something. The Bolt has 40.1" of headroom up front while a larger than the Macan (Porsche doesn't even list Macan interior dimensions for some reason)  Porsche Cayenne has 39.6". He would have a legit argument against the Macan for that reason alone. Point is, maybe this whole nonsense about what David will and will not fit in should just take a knee. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

I know you're partially joking here but I should point out something. The Bolt has 40.1" of headroom up front while a larger than the Macan (Porsche doesn't even list Macan interior dimensions for some reason)  Porsche Cayenne has 39.6". He would have a legit argument against the Macan for that reason alone. Point is, maybe this whole nonsense about what David will and will not fit in should just take a knee. 

Nonsense, the Bolt is small and it's a ridiculous claim that he can fit in the back of one when the driver's seat is set for a 6'6" driver(himself).

I know he can't fit in a Macan. They're pretty small themselves. 

  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Nonsense, the Bolt is small and it's a ridiculous claim that he can fit in the back of one when the driver's seat is set for a 6'6" driver(himself).

I know he can't fit in a Macan. They're pretty small themselves. 

Okay, so just ignore the ACTUAL numbers I just provided and continue on with your dumb little crusade. 

 

FFS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Okay, so just ignore the ACTUAL numbers I just provided and continue on with your dumb little crusade. 

 

FFS.

The one measurement you gave me for was a completely different car = useless. 

Also, we're talking about the rear, not the front. That's where his complaints always are. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Nonsense, the Bolt is small and it's a ridiculous claim that he can fit in the back of one when the driver's seat is set for a 6'6" driver(himself).

I know he can't fit in a Macan. They're pretty small themselves. 

And you seem to have ignored the pictures I posted in the past here showing I could fit in the BOLT. 

I have tried Porsche and while they are great cars, I know for a fact that they are built for tiny people as I do not fit in them.

  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, David said:

And you seem to have ignored the pictures I posted in the past here showing I could fit in the BOLT. 

I have tried Porsche and while they are great cars, I know for a fact that they are built for tiny people as I do not fit in them.

Oh no, I've seen it.

Your head leaning forward and your leg outside of the driver's seat, which certainly looks like the door cannot shut with your leg in that position. 

Yeah, Porsche builds their vehicles for those gosh darn tiny Germans! 

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

The one measurement you gave me for was a completely different car = useless. 

Also, we're talking about the rear, not the front. That's where his complaints always are. 

Common sense is not your friend is it? First of all, you didn't state which seat, which is still irrelevant and dumb for the second reason which is that the Porsche I brought up is LARGER than the one you referenced and it still has less LEGROOM room back there than the Bolt (Cayenne 36" vs Bolt 36.5". Now unless you think the SMALLER Macan has more room than the Cayenne, you are just flat talking out of your posterior right now.

 

Your endless beating of this dead horse=useless AF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Your head leaning forward and your leg outside of the driver's seat, which certainly looks like the door cannot shut with your leg in that position. 

He seems so cramped and UNcomfortable trying to LOOK comfortable, the whole scenario looks like it could be a Charlie Chaplin comedic act

23 Silent GIFs From This Summer's Hottest Movies | Charlie chaplin, Chaplin,  Silent film

 

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Yeah, Porsche builds their vehicles for those gosh darn tiny Germans! 

LOL,Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF by Richard Rabbat | Gfycat

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, David said:

And you seem to have ignored the pictures I posted in the past here showing I could fit in the BOLT. 

Common David...   Stop trying to sell.  Nobody is buying it. 

 

2 hours ago, David said:

I know for a fact that they are built for tiny people as I do not fit in them.

1. Germans are NOT tiny people.  And German OEMs do actually engineer their cars for their home market first.   

2. At 6'6" tall and a body builder, a serious and pure body builder at that, you are definitely  amongst the BIGGEST and LARGEST of us humans.  A human with less muscle mass and less vertical height than yourself does NOT constitute tiny. 

3. What Im trying to say is that, YOU do NOT represent the average human height and build regardless if you are of German decent. Germanic folk are amongst the biggest of humans and you tower your fellow Germanic folk.  Therefore you reserve no right to stipulate that certain German cars (Porsches) are built specifically for tiny people.  

Its not that people smaller than yourself are tiny.  Its just that YOU are HUGE.    I, at 5 foot 6 and half inches tall...cant even bee considered tiny. Im tiny to YOU, but Im just slightly smaller than average human height.  

But to ALL humans ALL across this planet, YOU are a beast of a man.  

Its all perspective, sure.  But YOUR perspective of certain German cars (Porsches) are built specifically for tiny people is SERIOUSLY flawed. To put it mildly...

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Common David...   Stop trying to sell.  Nobody is buying it. 

 

1. Germans are NOT tiny people.  And German OEMs do actually engineer their cars for their home market first.   

2. At 6'6" tall and a body builder, a serious and pure body builder at that, you are definitely  amongst the BIGGEST and LARGEST of us humans.  A human with less muscle mass and less vertical height than yourself does NOT constitute tiny. 

3. What Im trying to say is that, YOU do NOT represent the average human height and build regardless if you are of German decent. Germanic folk are amongst the biggest of humans and you tower your fellow Germanic folk.  Therefore you reserve no right to stipulate that certain German cars (Porsches) are built specifically for tiny people.  

Its not that people smaller than yourself are tiny.  Its just that YOU are HUGE.    I, at 5 foot 6 and half inches tall...cant even bee considered tiny. Im tiny to YOU, but Im just slightly smaller than average human height.  

But to ALL humans ALL across this planet, YOU are a beast of a man.  

Its all perspective, sure.  But YOUR perspective of certain German cars (Porsches) are built specifically for tiny people is SERIOUSLY flawed. To put it mildly...

Everyone is Tiny to me! :P  I know that. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Common sense is not your friend is it? First of all, you didn't state which seat, which is still irrelevant and dumb for the second reason which is that the Porsche I brought up is LARGER than the one you referenced and it still has less LEGROOM room back there than the Bolt (Cayenne 36" vs Bolt 36.5". Now unless you think the SMALLER Macan has more room than the Cayenne, you are just flat talking out of your posterior right now.

 

Your endless beating of this dead horse=useless AF.

What in the fck is your issue? I already stated he wouldn't fit in a Macan AND that I was talking about the rear, because that's always what his issue is. 

 

C&G.PNG

15 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

He seems so cramped and UNcomfortable trying to LOOK comfortable, the whole scenario looks like it could be a Charlie Chaplin comedic act

THANK YOU! There is a zero percent chance somebody who is 6' 6" can fit comfortably behind the driver's seat which is set for a 6' 6" driver in a Chevy Bolt. 

  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

What in the fck is your issue? I already stated he wouldn't fit in a Macan AND that I was talking about the rear, because that's always what his issue is

You hear yourself right? You have spent the last two years harping about what David claims he can and cannot fit in so the question needs to asked of you. What the FCK is YOUR issue? Is it such a big damn deal that you have to constantly troll him over it? Before you point that finger at me, you might want to start pointing that at yourself next time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...