April showers car sputtering thread.

Yesterday and Saturday I saw a solid looking black '75 Chevy Laguna coupe, and a auto shop that had maybe 1/2 dozen or more partially covered '58-59 Edsels and a premiered '70 Cougar shell out front in Navarre, Ohio (small town near Massillon).

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I saw such a thing this morning. It was a Ford Tempo!

I then pulled up next to the driver.

It looked boxy, so I thought it was a sedan.  It was a coupe.  The driver, while adjacent to me, told me it was a 1994, all original, and had less than 60,000 miles on it.  It was in excellent condition.  Its color was charcoal metallic with a dark red interior.  What a throwback.

It was one of these (an example):

ford-tempo-1983-1994-coupe-exterior-3.jp

I used to work with a guy in Atlanta who had one, and his joke was that his Tempo, which he didn't find to be good, was only "TEMPOrary."

Saw my first in the wild Rivians, one up in the snow and the other near home coming back from skiing.

21433.jpeg21405.jpeg

Have to say, I really like the looks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Seen on April Fool's Day:

KIMG0151.thumb.JPG.5799d2bf688330456fd58a80082eee9f.JPG

After renting several, I've come to have a soft spot for the little Ford Fiesta.  

It was probably meant to compete with the Chevy Sonic and Spark.  The Chevy have some shared accessories, such as switches, with the upline GM models, so that's a nice aspect about them.  However, the Fiesta is more fun to drive than either of the Chevy econoboxes, not to mention having a reasonable amount of rear overhang compared to the small Chevys, which seem sheared off toward the rear.

Seen the first weekend of April.  This dealership seems to have no shortage of new Chargers.  However, most of them feature the higher priced trim packages, and higher MSRP prices.

KIMG0157.thumb.JPG.0783a41971ad5cd5d1801e744defe04e.JPG

The interesting thing is that they won't tell you whereabouts - vis-a-vis MSRP - they will sell you a new one.  The prices for used ones a few years old on the lot were absurd.  They weren't interested in discussing the topic of prices unless a person was a "here and now" buyer.

Saw this Buick Verano 2 days ago, in the evening, after walking out of a store.

KIMG0297.thumb.JPG.fb55518e037ed3a86a1f5dd289286af3.JPG

These Veranos are now 10 year old cars, are usually kept up, and their owners seem to like them.  In a way, the situation reminds me of how compact Olds Aleros are still seen on the road many (~20) years later.

And here I thought I'd be cashing in my GM points on whatever the latest rendition of the Verano might be, albeit on some updated platform.  I guess that's not going to happen.

12 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Saw this Buick Verano 2 days ago, in the evening, after walking out of a store.

KIMG0297.thumb.JPG.fb55518e037ed3a86a1f5dd289286af3.JPG

These Veranos are now 10 year old cars, are usually kept up, and their owners seem to like them.  In a way, the situation reminds me of how compact Olds Aleros are still seen on the road many (~20) years later.

And here I thought I'd be cashing in my GM points on whatever the latest rendition of the Verano might be, albeit on some updated platform.  I guess that's not going to happen.

Didn't these have the 2.0T as an option?

If so, that'd be a fun little sleeper car. 

Just looked it up, Yes, it can be had with the 2.0T but also a MANUAL TRANSMISSION! 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Didn't these have the 2.0T as an option?

If so, that'd be a fun little sleeper car. 

Just looked it up, Yes, it can be had with the 2.0T but also a MANUAL TRANSMISSION! 

The uplevel sportier model is the one which I believe had this (^) engine.  I've rented about 5 of them across 3 or so years, and my rental cars always had the 2.4 liter 4 cylinder.  They put out 180 hp.  Acceptable but not fantastic for highway fuel economy for a 4 cyl.  They are very quiet and smooth riding cars.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

@Davidwill not fit in a Macan. lol 

But he claims he can fit "comfortably" in a Bolt.. 🤔

I know you're partially joking here but I should point out something. The Bolt has 40.1" of headroom up front while a larger than the Macan (Porsche doesn't even list Macan interior dimensions for some reason)  Porsche Cayenne has 39.6". He would have a legit argument against the Macan for that reason alone. Point is, maybe this whole nonsense about what David will and will not fit in should just take a knee. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

I know you're partially joking here but I should point out something. The Bolt has 40.1" of headroom up front while a larger than the Macan (Porsche doesn't even list Macan interior dimensions for some reason)  Porsche Cayenne has 39.6". He would have a legit argument against the Macan for that reason alone. Point is, maybe this whole nonsense about what David will and will not fit in should just take a knee. 

Nonsense, the Bolt is small and it's a ridiculous claim that he can fit in the back of one when the driver's seat is set for a 6'6" driver(himself).

I know he can't fit in a Macan. They're pretty small themselves. 

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Nonsense, the Bolt is small and it's a ridiculous claim that he can fit in the back of one when the driver's seat is set for a 6'6" driver(himself).

Okay, so just ignore the ACTUAL numbers I just provided and continue on with your dumb little crusade. 

FFS.

40 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Okay, so just ignore the ACTUAL numbers I just provided and continue on with your dumb little crusade. 

FFS.

The one measurement you gave me for was a completely different car = useless. 

Also, we're talking about the rear, not the front. That's where his complaints always are. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

And you seem to have ignored the pictures I posted in the past here showing I could fit in the BOLT. 

I have tried Porsche and while they are great cars, I know for a fact that they are built for tiny people as I do not fit in them.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, David said:

And you seem to have ignored the pictures I posted in the past here showing I could fit in the BOLT. 

I have tried Porsche and while they are great cars, I know for a fact that they are built for tiny people as I do not fit in them.

Oh no, I've seen it.

Your head leaning forward and your leg outside of the driver's seat, which certainly looks like the door cannot shut with your leg in that position. 

Yeah, Porsche builds their vehicles for those gosh darn tiny Germans! 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

The one measurement you gave me for was a completely different car = useless. 

Also, we're talking about the rear, not the front. That's where his complaints always are. 

Common sense is not your friend is it? First of all, you didn't state which seat, which is still irrelevant and dumb for the second reason which is that the Porsche I brought up is LARGER than the one you referenced and it still has less LEGROOM room back there than the Bolt (Cayenne 36" vs Bolt 36.5". Now unless you think the SMALLER Macan has more room than the Cayenne, you are just flat talking out of your posterior right now.

Your endless beating of this dead horse=useless AF.

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Your head leaning forward and your leg outside of the driver's seat, which certainly looks like the door cannot shut with your leg in that position. 

He seems so cramped and UNcomfortable trying to LOOK comfortable, the whole scenario looks like it could be a Charlie Chaplin comedic act

23 Silent GIFs From This Summer's Hottest Movies | Charlie chaplin, Chaplin,  Silent film

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Yeah, Porsche builds their vehicles for those gosh darn tiny Germans! 

LOL,Arnold Schwarzenegger GIF by Richard Rabbat | Gfycat

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, David said:

Common David...   Stop trying to sell.  Nobody is buying it. 

2 hours ago, David said:

I know for a fact that they are built for tiny people as I do not fit in them.

1. Germans are NOT tiny people.  And German OEMs do actually engineer their cars for their home market first.   

2. At 6'6" tall and a body builder, a serious and pure body builder at that, you are definitely  amongst the BIGGEST and LARGEST of us humans.  A human with less muscle mass and less vertical height than yourself does NOT constitute tiny. 

3. What Im trying to say is that, YOU do NOT represent the average human height and build regardless if you are of German decent. Germanic folk are amongst the biggest of humans and you tower your fellow Germanic folk.  Therefore you reserve no right to stipulate that certain German cars (Porsches) are built specifically for tiny people.  

Its not that people smaller than yourself are tiny.  Its just that YOU are HUGE.    I, at 5 foot 6 and half inches tall...cant even bee considered tiny. Im tiny to YOU, but Im just slightly smaller than average human height.  

But to ALL humans ALL across this planet, YOU are a beast of a man.  

Its all perspective, sure.  But YOUR perspective of certain German cars (Porsches) are built specifically for tiny people is SERIOUSLY flawed. To put it mildly...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Common David...   Stop trying to sell.  Nobody is buying it. 

1. Germans are NOT tiny people.  And German OEMs do actually engineer their cars for their home market first.   

2. At 6'6" tall and a body builder, a serious and pure body builder at that, you are definitely  amongst the BIGGEST and LARGEST of us humans.  A human with less muscle mass and less vertical height than yourself does NOT constitute tiny. 

3. What Im trying to say is that, YOU do NOT represent the average human height and build regardless if you are of German decent. Germanic folk are amongst the biggest of humans and you tower your fellow Germanic folk.  Therefore you reserve no right to stipulate that certain German cars (Porsches) are built specifically for tiny people.  

Its not that people smaller than yourself are tiny.  Its just that YOU are HUGE.    I, at 5 foot 6 and half inches tall...cant even bee considered tiny. Im tiny to YOU, but Im just slightly smaller than average human height.  

But to ALL humans ALL across this planet, YOU are a beast of a man.  

Its all perspective, sure.  But YOUR perspective of certain German cars (Porsches) are built specifically for tiny people is SERIOUSLY flawed. To put it mildly...

Everyone is Tiny to me! :P  I know that. 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Common sense is not your friend is it? First of all, you didn't state which seat, which is still irrelevant and dumb for the second reason which is that the Porsche I brought up is LARGER than the one you referenced and it still has less LEGROOM room back there than the Bolt (Cayenne 36" vs Bolt 36.5". Now unless you think the SMALLER Macan has more room than the Cayenne, you are just flat talking out of your posterior right now.

Your endless beating of this dead horse=useless AF.

What in the fck is your issue? I already stated he wouldn't fit in a Macan AND that I was talking about the rear, because that's always what his issue is. 

C&G.PNG

15 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

He seems so cramped and UNcomfortable trying to LOOK comfortable, the whole scenario looks like it could be a Charlie Chaplin comedic act

THANK YOU! There is a zero percent chance somebody who is 6' 6" can fit comfortably behind the driver's seat which is set for a 6' 6" driver in a Chevy Bolt. 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

What in the fck is your issue? I already stated he wouldn't fit in a Macan AND that I was talking about the rear, because that's always what his issue is

You hear yourself right? You have spent the last two years harping about what David claims he can and cannot fit in so the question needs to asked of you. What the FCK is YOUR issue? Is it such a big damn deal that you have to constantly troll him over it? Before you point that finger at me, you might want to start pointing that at yourself next time. 

22 hours ago, ccap41 said:

@Davidwill not fit in a Macan. lol 

But he claims he can fit "comfortably" in a Bolt.. 🤔

Your first comment about it, right there, with NO mention of back seats. Again, point that finger at yourself before you point it at me. By all means though, keep up your little crusade lol.

1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

You hear yourself right? You have spent the last two years harping about what David claims he can and cannot fit in so the question needs to asked of you. What the FCK is YOUR issue? Is it such a big damn deal that you have to constantly troll him over it? Before you point that finger at me, you might want to start pointing that at yourself next time. 

Because he's full of sh!t, and I'm not the only one who's noticed, when it comes to this "fitting comfortably in a Bolt" situation. 

Lincoln Continental is too small, Mazda CX9 is too small, but a Bolt is roomy?!? 

" Is it such a big damn deal that you have to constantly troll him over it?"

No different than you getting on SMK for anything German, just say'n. But yes, anytime he says something is way too small and claims to be comfortable in a Bolt when his picture appears to have had him shoehorned into the back, is worthy of some crap. 

57 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Your first comment about it, right there, with NO mention of back seats. Again, point that finger at yourself before you point it at me. By all means though, keep up your little crusade lol.

Maybe this is your first week here and have never read David talk about where seating comfort is important to him. 

• Disagree 1

@ccap41—Boo freakin hoo. Cry me a damn river over it. All I see is petty trolling since this subject has been discussed a few dozen times now over the last two years. Who gives a rats ass other than you and one other person here? Seriously. You made the bait post about him fitting into a Macan so don’t act like this is something that he brought on here. Just utter horse$h!, to be honest and just beyond petty. 

23 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

No different than you getting on SMK for anything German, just say'n.

And you’re deflecting. Just sayin’.

It should be noted that I haven’t spoken to SMK about that in months and it almost always after he has to inject Mercedes into any Cadillac thread but you go on thinking you have some kind of high ground here lol. Meanwhile, you continue on your little two year long crusade over what a man fits in. Again, just sayin’. 

5 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

@ccap41—Boo freakin hoo. Cry me a damn river over it. All I see is petty trolling since this subject has been discussed a few dozen times now over the last two years. Who gives a rats ass other than you and one other person here? Seriously. You made the bait post about him fitting into a Macan so don’t act like this is something that he brought on here. Just utter horse$h!, to be honest and just beyond petty. 

Don't worry, it'll keep coming up! Well, there are four of us who care. The person making the absurd claim, the two who don't believe him, and the third who feels like they need to defend somebody. 

You also keep forgetting that I clearly stated that he wouldn't fit in a Macan. 

Baited and YOU bit. David's skin is way too thick to care what I think about him fitting in anything.

Just now, surreal1272 said:

Meanwhile, you continue on your little two year long crusade over what a man fits in.

Oh it's definitely been longer than two years, pal. The Bolt came out in 2017 MY and I'm sure David sat in one very early. 

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

34 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Don't worry, it'll keep coming up! Well, there are four of us who care. The person making the absurd claim, the two who don't believe him, and the third who feels like they need to defend somebody. 

You also keep forgetting that I clearly stated that he wouldn't fit in a Macan. 

Baited and YOU bit. David's skin is way too thick to care what I think about him fitting in anything.

Oh it's definitely been longer than two years, pal. The Bolt came out in 2017 MY and I'm sure David sat in one very early. 

Here I am in the Bolt in 2016 at the Seattle Auto Show.

IMG_1580.JPGIMG_1576.JPGIMG_1577.JPG

Would I want to do a road trip in this CUV, Hell NO.

Am I comfortable enough to be a passenger or drive it around locally, yes.

Wife drove it and liked it how it drove, but as I have stated in the past, she hated the grey and white interior to make it a NO GO for purchase. 

Chevrolet FAILED at only having the lone single blah interior colors and that will be the downfall of GM if they do not offer interior color options.

Happy Wife, Happy Life.

• Thanks 1

Deflect, bait, troll, or whatever else you feel is so damn important to you. Fact is that only TWO people here have had “issues” with David and how he fits in a damn car. My defending him has Jack squat to do with your issues regarding it. Pathetic and childish is what it is and no amount of you deflecting changes that. 

Just now, ccap41 said:

Like I said, that door is not closing with your knee in that exact location, or at least it sure doesn't look like it can. 

I understand that it looks like it would not close, but I guess I should have had the auto show person take a picture with the door closed from the outside. It actually does close just fine. 

I have to think that because it is a CUV with a high roof line unlike the Lincoln Continental that I could not eve get in the back seat on but is a bigger auto is a big part of how that interior space is usable for a big person like me.

To me, the failure of cars is that they forgot that there are still big people and they stopped making the interior space big while keeping it a car, low center of gravity, but roomy. 

I have to figure that the auto industry decided to push us big people into trucks/SUVs and let everyone else of average size get cars. Fine with me as my lifestyle choice is an active one that is better suited to trucks and SUVs over a car.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, David said:

Am I comfortable enough to be a passenger or drive it around locally, yes.

And that, right there, should be the only thing that matters here and should be the end of it but clearly @ccap41 has a damn hard on for you so he can continue on with his stupid little quest to “own” you while not realizing that the only thin skinned one here appears to be him over the last two years of his “does he really fit back there” hissy fits. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Deflect, bait, troll, or whatever else you feel is so damn important to you. Fact is that only TWO people here have had “issues” with David and how he fits in a damn car. My defending him has Jack squat to do with your issues regarding it. Pathetic and childish is what it is and no amount of you deflecting changes that. 

Well, you're free to mind your own business then.. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

3 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

And that, right there, should be the only thing that matters here and should be the end of it but clearly @ccap41 has a damn hard on for you so he can continue on with his stupid little quest to “own” you while not realizing that the only thin skinned one here appears to be him over the last two years of his “does he really fit back there” hissy fits. 

Whoa whoa whoa, why the erection talk?!? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Whoa whoa whoa, why the erection talk?!? 

Because it's the truth. Prove us wrong here by midnging your own business (as you pointed out to me) and riding something more constructive to discuss here. You seem to have some secret thing here regarding David and it's a little disturbing, quite frankly.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Haha 1

Somebody woke up just wanting to be angry yesterday and hasn't wanted to just chill since. 

Take a deep breathe, Surreal. None of this matters here. 

You're asking me to prove to you I do not have an erection right now? Is this a sexual assault? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

🤔 Can one do a cyber sexual assault? 

How does that work with discussion of auto's? 

Maybe we just focus on the coolness of GM's Ultifi Software-Defined system for the Ultium Platform of the 21st Century Auto's called BEVs.

Very cool stuff IMHO, but then I am a Nerd!!! :P 

https://www.cheersandgears.com/articles/news/gmnews/future-of-gm-autos-is-a-collaboration-between-red-hat-and-gm-in-trailblazing-the-future-of-software-defined-vehicles-r6395/

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Somebody woke up just wanting to be angry yesterday and hasn't wanted to just chill since. 

Take a deep breathe, Surreal. None of this matters here. 

You're asking me to prove to you I do not have an erection right now? Is this a sexual assault? 

Hyperboles and obvious figures of speech aside, you clearly know what I am talking about. Prove me wrong by, oh I don't know, letting it go and dropping this bag non-sense. He has explained himself a dozen times over the years so the only reason for you to keep harping is either A.) You are trolling or B.) You have something inside you that won't let you move on to something more productive here.

And I didn't wake up angry. I haven't been here in weeks and when I do, I see the same trolling nonsense by the usual suspects about nonsensical stuff that only matters to him and maybe one other person, end of story. After all, if it REALLY didn't matter, you would not have brought it up in the first place yesterday. Funny how that works huh?

In summation, move on. No anger. No nothing. Just move on.

Edited by surreal1272

39 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Prove me wrong by, oh I don't know, letting it go and dropping this bag non-sense.

Bugs Bunny Vitamins GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

40 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

You have something inside you that won't let you move on to something more productive here.

You are free to move on and talk about something productive yourself. Ain't nobody stopping you but you. In fact, you never needed to try and intervene and be a C&G Super Hero in the first place. 

*@surreal1272when he reads @David"fits" in a Bolt*

Superheroes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Disagree 1

@ccap41—Say whatever you feel you need to say to make excuses for your endless trolling. It’s not about me being a “hero”. I’m just tired of supposedly grown ass men posting like the thirteen year old trolls they clearly aspire to be.

Do anything but accept actual responsibility for your own actions. That’s why you keep trying to deflect to me. An actual adult doesn’t have to do that but maybe I’m putting a little too much faith in your ability to actually be an adult. 

@ccap41 when he reads that David fits in a Bolt. 

EED87CCF-3329-4995-B900-3C8937C74C3F.jpeg

9 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

I’m just tired of supposedly grown ass men posting like the thirteen year old trolls they clearly aspire to be.

Well, unfortunately for you, there is absolutely nothing you can actually do about it. 

11 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

@ccap41 when he reads that David fits in a Bolt. 

Your lack of creativity does not surprise me but it sure does disappoint me. 

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Well, unfortunately for you, there is absolutely nothing you can actually do about it. 

Your lack of creativity does not surprise me but it sure does disappoint me. 

Says the dead horse beater. I have more creativity in my pinky than you have in your entire body but our definition of it clearly differs. What you call “creativity” I call acting like a child. My response wasn’t made for creative points. It was to reflect the asinine nature of your post (and childishness) back at you. Besides, being proud of your “creativity” on the internet is a bit like being the smartest person in “special” class. 

And you’re right. Nothing I can do. Poor me lol. There is also nothing you can do either. Think about it for more than a minute before posting with another “creative” response. 

Edited by surreal1272

5 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

I have more creativity in my pinky than you have in your entire body

Exactly what I was getting at. 

hAnEn'T hEaRd tHaT oNe bEfOrE

7 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Grow the f@#k up. 

Bugs Bunny Vitamins GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

9 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

you’re right

Matt Reid GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4 hours ago, David said:

🤔 Can one do a cyber sexual assault? 

If there is, I'm sure he's pushing his limit...Hahaha

Red Hat, you say? I think I know somebody who's been wearing a red hat for a couple days now.. they should probably take it off and put a cool blue one one! Like a STL Blues hat. 

But in all seriousness, that sounds like a great joint venture for GM. 

• Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Exactly what I was getting at. 

hAnEn'T hEaRd tHaT oNe bEfOrE

Children continuing to act like children. You should set your bar higher if you are looking for creativity here. Again, I’m not here for creative points on since random thread on the internet. I get paid for my creativity (literally) because I actually create things in real life, not for “creative” posts on the “interwebs”. 

The sad part is that you think you are actually being creative here when you have said the same things here that you have said before. That’s not “creative”. That’s just the same old, same old.  Again, set your bar higher next time  

Edited by surreal1272

On 4/27/2022 at 10:04 PM, trinacriabob said:

Seen on April Fool's Day:

KIMG0151.thumb.JPG.5799d2bf688330456fd58a80082eee9f.JPG

After renting several, I've come to have a soft spot for the little Ford Fiesta.  

It was probably meant to compete with the Chevy Sonic and Spark.  The Chevy have some shared accessories, such as switches, with the upline GM models, so that's a nice aspect about them.  However, the Fiesta is more fun to drive than either of the Chevy econoboxes, not to mention having a reasonable amount of rear overhang compared to the small Chevys, which seem sheared off toward the rear.

Gonna disagree with you, but only on the Sonic/Sonic Hatch.  The Spark was abysmal to drive, but the Sonic in RS form was very fun for no significant money over a regular Sonic LT/LTZ.  They put a shorter final drive ratio in it so the 1.4T + Manual was really in its prime.  It was no Fiesta ST, but it was a good $3k - $4k less and more roomy to boot.  You know my penchant for large vehicles, but there was a time when the RS was new that I had seriously considered one. 

Speaking of seat comfort, now that I'm driving my Jeep 200 miles a day 4-5 times a week, I'm truly hating the seats..rock hard cushions and.the upper center bolster in the back is right where I have a pinched nerve between my shoulder blades.    I've rented a 'Malibu or similar' from Hertz for an upcoming weekend trip to Syracuse because I can't imagine 10 hrs in the Jeep seats..

5 years ago it didn’t bother me as much, but now I’m in pain on longer drives. 

For those that have driven a lot of late model vehicles, what do you think under $40k has the most comfortable seats for road trips?   I like the Chrysler 300 a lot, but worry the seats would be the same since FCA/Stellantis...

Edited by Robert Hall

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

Speaking of seat comfort, now that I'm driving my Jeep 200 miles a day 4-5 times a week, I'm truly hating the seats..rock hard cushions and.the upper center bolster in the back is right where I have a pinched nerve between my shoulder blades.    I've rented a 'Malibu or similar' from Hertz for an upcoming weekend trip to Syracuse because I can't imagine 10 hrs in the Jeep seats..

For those that have driven a lot of late model vehicles, what do you think under $40k has the most comfortable seats for road trips?   I like the Chrysler 300 a lot, but worry the seats would be the same since FCA/Stellantis...

This is an excellent question as I am not a fan of the current seats in the new Escalade which seem to be flat and hard as a rock for such an expensive SUV and yet I am seeing flat blah seats on all auto's as of late. 🤔 I wonder if there is a seat comfort index out there, gonna have to look into this myself as I love my Escalade for road trips, but would not be thrilled in a new 2022 Escalade as I think the seats suck.

I can say that my sister in her 2019 Buick Envision as an in home nurse in Rural Upper Western Washington is in her CUV about 200 to 300 miles a day and loves it for comfort.