0% for 72 seems to be working here

I don't know how it's doing anywhere else, but today we probably sold more cars than all of the other days I've worked there combined. It was nuts. We were constantly getting something for delivery, and they were working on more sales when 5PM rolled around too (which is when I leave).

I guess I'm disaapointed that there's no "Employee Discount" fire sale so far!!! :P I'm just not sure I'd want to pay an extra year on a car - I'm more into leasing and getting a new car every 30 to 36 months. However we've been racking up some miles on the 'bu lately due to the gas mileage of the Envoy (wife's 64-mile roundtrip commute sucks), so two leases right now might not be the best idea. Again, not sure if going to 72 months vs. 60 months would be beneficial in the long run. I'd definitely consider getting rid of the Malibu if a really good deal comes around.

have you considered a used Geo Metro for the wife? 58 mpg and they can do 85. only thing is a stick is a must in that car.

I don't know how it's doing anywhere else, but today we probably sold more cars than all of the other days I've worked there combined. It was nuts. We were constantly getting something for delivery, and they were working on more sales when 5PM rolled around too (which is when I leave).

havent seen a change in business...

we're hoping to hit 100+ cars for the 5 day weekend, we did 100 last year for a 4 day weekend...

if you dont want 72 get 60 months then... you can get it on 36,48,60, or 72 thre might be a few i missed... but you can always pay toward pricipal...

and Employee discounts were always rebates + discounts and 0% is always in lui of rebates... so... in order to get an employee discount, just push to get a discount... and you'll have your savings...

if you need any advice pm me...

Well, my wife's company is entitled to GM Supplier pricing, so I can use that to purchase a new GM car/truck. However, with last summer's "Employee Discount for Everyone" I got an even better deal with the Employee Pricing, PLUS I was able to use my GM Card earnings (which I can't with the GM Supplier pricing). That's how we were able to get a sweet (meaning LOADED) 2005 GMC Envoy SLT 4wd last August :P

Plus the vehicles I want my wife doesn't like - HHR, LaCrosse, Sierra Crew Cab 1500 Z71 4wd (hahaha - she said she would never drive that one!!!). I'd seriously consider the HHR if she would open her mind up on its styling. She thinks it's ugly b/c it's retro looking. Dssurp's daytona blue HHR is awesome looking - I'm so jealous.

I've thought about going to a couple dealerships ... to see what they have ... but, I don't really need a new car ... plus, I'm not sure what I'd get from GM anyway :(.

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I walk alone" ... GreenDay ... 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams'

Why.. a Monte Carlo, of course! :lol:

Oh look ... NOS, being humorous ;).

Heh.

A couple people actually rented the '06 Lumina (er, MC) for the MC Nationals last weekend. Not a bad car, actually ... just ... no MC Knight Shield/Crest emblem ... no RWD ... no MC.

*shrugs*

Well we made arrangements to get a 06 TB SS fully loaded. The dealer is going to wait until wednesday to seal the deal to see if the deal gets better after the fifth or not. If its better then we will seal the deal when the new sale is in place, or else take the current offerings.

Well we made arrangements to get a 06 TB SS fully loaded.  The dealer is going to wait until wednesday to seal the deal to see if the deal gets better after the fifth or not.  If its better then we will seal the deal when the new sale is in place, or else take the current offerings.

Sweet, dude; keep us posted!

Well we noticed our first jump in sales today, not sure if its entirely based on the 0% or if it was all the advertisement

but we cranked out 40 cars today... not to shabby to start off the month...

hopefully it will maintain like that for the next 3 days

Newbiewar, your going to split a gut when you hear this: we, too, had a great month. I think we may have hit 70 - for the month. LOL! That is the best month since last July. I personally wrote 11 deals and got out 9. You guys would probably starve on that! However, I would think that our grosses/pay plans are more aggressive because on 7 or 8 deals I can make a good living.

Our top guys make 6 figures and I think 3 of them hit that. After 15-18 years in the biz, of course.

The Impala, Cobalt, Uplander are all doing well here. I sold a 2004 Monte Carlo for $6,000 under cost. We have 4 of them kicking around! All new.

I still haven't sold a single '07 Tahoe! LOL

My bro-in-law went to go trade his '05 F-150 in on an HHR, but the Chevy dealership he went to valued the truck at $20k and were going to offer him $17k for it, Edmunds and KBB both value to truck at around $26k which is about what they owe on it.

Newbiewar, your going to split a gut when you hear this:  we, too, had a great month.  I think we may have hit 70 - for the month.  LOL!  That is the best month since last July.  I personally wrote 11 deals and got out 9.  You guys would probably starve on that!  However, I would think that our grosses/pay plans are more aggressive because on 7 or 8 deals I can make a good living.

Our top guys make 6 figures and I think 3 of them hit that.  After 15-18 years in the biz, of course.

The Impala, Cobalt, Uplander are all doing well here.  I sold a 2004 Monte Carlo for $6,000 under cost.  We have 4 of them kicking around! All new.

I still haven't sold a single '07 Tahoe!  LOL

we've did 80 between friday and tonight... and that doesnt count our sister store, they probably did another 25-30 cars...

here at the dealership our sales people can make anywhere from 2-20k a month...

like one salesman sold 21 cars last month, he'll probably gross around 20k...

we've got about 40 salespersons and each makes anywhere from 50-80k a year, we used to have many that would make 120k a year, but those have long since been promoted, or left because a promotion wasnt avalible...

dont know if you guys are straight sales or have closers, but that will change your pay...

and as far as having a great month, our management is upset if we sell less the 350 cars a month... and its been a while since we've done that... the biggest since i've been at the store was 550 in july of last year... GMS for all!

My bro-in-law went to go trade his '05 F-150 in on an HHR, but the Chevy dealership he went to valued the truck at $20k and were going to offer him $17k for it, Edmunds and KBB both value to truck at around $26k which is about what they owe on it.

most dealerships do 2-3k 'back of book' so if it's trade in value or wholesale value is 20k then they will try to get it 2-3k less for reconditioning porposes or if it needs to be wholesaled they sure dont want to lose any money on it...

My uncle just bought a brand new 06 LT Silverado 2500 HD with the Duramax and Allison yesterday...I drove it last night...such an awesome truck...It hauls ass. I was suprised...never driven a diesel truck. And he's planning on fixing it up too...software, exhaust, etc...(speaking of which, anyone got any good recommendations ony mods and who to go with?)

My uncle just bought a brand new 06 LT Silverado 2500 HD with the Duramax and Allison yesterday...I drove it last night...such an awesome truck...It hauls ass. I was suprised...never driven a diesel truck. And he's planning on fixing it up too...software, exhaust, etc...(speaking of which, anyone got any good recommendations ony mods and who to go with?)

:angry:

and you didnt tell him to come see me...

yea i love those dsls they have some serious power...

look to these guys for suggestions

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/index.php

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?act=idx

So, at 0 for 72, it works out to be about $13.89 per $1000 borrowed.

I "built and priced" a Cobalt SS/SC, and located one close to what I'd factory order, in Reading, about an hour north of here. I had a harder time finding a G6 GTP 6 speed coupe equipped the way I like though.

The "deal" is a good one, imo. If I weren't in work transition right now, I'd seriously consider unloading my truck for this promotion.

I've seen a ton of '06s running around here, so apparently the sale is working, I wouldn't mind seeing what my Impala would fetch, but right now I'm so upside down on it that it wouldn't make good financial sense.

we finnished the 5 day weekend with 130 cars... not bad... wish every day was as busy as those days were

I've seen a ton of '06s running around here, so apparently the sale is working

*nods*

Same here ... took a short drive today and saw a bunch of new GM cars with "temporary" stickers on 'em.... So, yep, I'd saw the sale is working. Will be interesting to see the sales figures....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"Wouldn't that be something?" ... Finger 11 ... '1 Thing'

The Chevy Dealer we bought our Cobalt & HHR from is starting to look empty (like the days of employee pricing). They went from approx 18 Cobalts, down to 5 in just a few days.

Anyone know if GM will continue this like they did employee pricing?

Its always possible, but with the new model year coming up, there's a strong possibility that it won't, but you never know.  My biggest complaint is that once again, its the "deal" that's selling the car instead of the car selling itself.

yea... but customers understand intrest rates...

intrest rates have been scaring customers away for months... no one wants to buy a 30k dollar car with a 7-8% loan... even if they have perfect credit thats what they get...

they understand that it has to do with the ecconomy...

but previously when GM was offering 0%... it was better to take the rebate, and go with a 1.9-2.9 from a credit union... but now days... best rates i see are +6%

our inventory seriously dwindled over the weekend...

and i assume the rebates will be falling some more this next quarter... so that people really realize it is an incentive, and that it is going away...

with 2007's and 2008's running around the corner GM's turn around is starting to show light... gm's going to be in control of their incentives not the consumer...

Newbiewar, has your dealership recieved word on the new incentive for tommorow or if the current one continues? That would apply for both buying and leasing options.

yea... but customers understand intrest rates...

intrest rates have been scaring customers away for months... no one wants to buy a 30k dollar car with a 7-8% loan... even if they have perfect credit thats what they get...

they understand that it has to do with the ecconomy...

but previously when GM was offering 0%... it was better to take the rebate, and go with a 1.9-2.9 from a credit union... but now days... best rates i see are +6%

our inventory seriously dwindled over the weekend...

and i assume the rebates will be falling some more this next quarter... so that people really realize it is an incentive, and that it is going away...

with 2007's and 2008's running around the corner GM's turn around is starting to show light... gm's going to be in control of their incentives not the consumer...

Newbiewar, has your dealership recieved word on the new incentive for tommorow or if the current one continues?  That would apply for both buying and leasing options.

possibly the general manager or owners have... but its never shared with us...

usually what happens is, the day after the incentive is over, about noon GM will fax over the new list of incentives... so we really dont know unless somehow wallstreet journal or something gets a hold of some gossip

Guest Josh

possibly the general manager or owners have... but its never shared with us...

usually what happens is, the day after the incentive is over, about noon GM will fax over the new list of incentives... so we really dont know unless somehow wallstreet journal or something gets a hold of some gossip

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to hate reading those incentive sheets when they came through.

This event was one of the most frustrating vehicle purchase attempts I've ever had in my life. I was trying to buy an '06 Cadillac DTS (Lux III) through the supplier discount program. After leaving the dealership twice without the car they found for me and brought up from south Florida I don't know if I'll ever buy GM again.

Somehow, the dealership insists that a $47.2 k supplier discount with $10k down and a $7 trade should at 0% should be a monthly payment of $699 for 60 months. Then miraculously the payment dropped to $589 when I left the first time. Then it was $558 when I left the second time. As they chased me out the door they could make it $540 (the second time I left we had gotten as far as switching out the license plates).

A little simple math shows that even at $540 a month with 0% (plus downpayment and trade) I would have been paying $49.4k before tax, tag, title for a $47.2k vehicle. What the f......????

This is one of many reason why people hate GM. I did not have this issue when I bought my Chrysler five years ago, nor the Plymouth before that. :banghead:

Edited by RobW64

Why didn't Canada get this event. The Chevy dealer near me has sold nothing for maybe a month or two. This deal would have gotten my grandparents into a new Impala as well but now they are waiting for the 07s even though there is one for $23k CAN by their house. It is very low equipped but that is what they want. This event may have also gotten us in a new vehicle. My dad probably would've traded in his Expy.

Don't believe the hype, american_revolution, if your parents had bought last week, they would have paid cost (just like employee pricing) and gotten 0 for 48 or 2.9 for 60. Money costs more in Canada, which is why you are not seeing 0 for 60 any more. GM has a lot of "under the radar" deals right now, such as getting an extra $1,000 if anybody in your FAMILY has a Sunfire/Cavalier, $1,000 for any heap (doesn't even have to be driveable) that is '95 or older (thru Car Heaven).

Any good salesperson is in touch with their customer base and keeps them abreast of the deals that are out there. I had the best month since last August (employee pricing). Price whores never create a relationship with a single dealer, however, and their hopping around means they often miss deals because their last dealer is glad to get rid of them and they don't have a contact who will call them up when the deals are good. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but we are people, too. Customers who treat us like crap, who would sell us up the river for $5 a month just aren't worth our time. That is just human nature.

Historically, June/July is always the best time to buy. Inventory is high and the deals are geneally the best of the year. If you wait to August/September, inventory is much lower and although you MAY save a few hundred dollars, be prepared to pay much more for equipment you don't want and to get stuck with a color you don't like.

This event was one of the most frustrating vehicle purchase attempts I've ever had in my life. I was trying to buy an '06 Cadillac DTS (Lux III) through the supplier discount program. After leaving the dealership twice without the car they found for me and brought up from south Florida I don't know if I'll ever buy GM again.

Somehow, the dealership insists that a $47.2 k supplier discount with $10k down and a $7 trade should at 0% should be a monthly payment of $699 for 60 months. Then miraculously the payment dropped to $589 when I left the first time. Then it was $558 when I left the second time. As they chased me out the door they could make it $540 (the second time I left we had gotten as far as switching out the license plates).

A little simple math shows that even at $540 a month with 0% (plus downpayment and trade) I would have been paying $49.4k before tax, tag, title for a $47.2k vehicle. What the f......????

This is one of many reason why people hate GM. I did not have this issue when I bought my Chrysler five years ago, nor the Plymouth before that.  :banghead:

woo!

let me get this straight...

After the supplier discount the vehicles price was 47,200

plus tax & liscensing... almost 52,000 at least here in cali

and you wanted to put 10,000 down and your trade in that was paid off was worth 7,000

so a total of 17,000 down

34,920 / 60 months @ 0% = $582

the first figure 699... all dealerships do that, it includes all warrantys low jack, alarms, blablabla...

540 x 60 months plus 17000 = 49,400... that includes taxes...

sounds like you got a hell of a deal!

not quite sure how much taxes are over there... but here, tax and liscenisning is around 10-11%

Do you know if they are offering the 0 for 72 with GMS?

NO...

you cannot receive GMS and 0%...

Thanks that is what I thought. No wonder the BM is flying off the handle again. This promotion again is not drumming up any new business for him. Add to that no GM Card redemption credits. Everything makes sense.

Edited by evok

This is one of many reason why people hate GM. I did not have this issue when I bought my Chrysler five years ago, nor the Plymouth before that.  :banghead:

<rant>

i dont know cadillac dealerships, nor do i know how the DTS is priced... and no offense to you, but i really really dislike customers who consistantly feel like they are getting ripped off... i mean honnestly, if you are at supplier discount, and you are still unhappy... <Edited for profanity>

its nerve recking when a customer wants to purchase a 2007 Tahoe for 24k, with tax and liscensing, and even if they were to get the deal they wouldnt be satisfied... for some reason consumers feel that dealerships are making massive amounts of money on every car...

i hate to break it to you, but on a supplier discount, the car is sold 100$ over invoice...

and the salesman is really trying to earn your business so that when he gets paid he can get a 5 dollars!... and your still pissed off at him!? :o <edited more profanity> ... so pissed off you dont even want to shop GM any more...

OMFG! 540$ take it or leave it pal....

</rant>

Edited by Newbiewar