Next-gen Corolla spy shots

Looks like they were trying to clone the Golf (excuse me... "Rabbit" :rolleyes:).

I'm not too sure about the Europe only thought, though. Hatches are hot again, and Toyota will need to replace the Matrix, anyway.

I'm not going to lie, if that's the new Matrix, that would be pretty cool. I like small hatches. If the US currently had a decent one for not too much money I might have picked one for my grad present instead of a new Grand Cherokee

the HB will not make it... TMS USA will restyle the exterior, but the interior will stay.

the Matrix = EUDM Corolla Verso - it has taller rof that regular HB... so this is not it..

and finally.. isn't the NG Vibe going to use this platform again?

Igor

the HB will not make it... TMS USA will restyle the exterior, but the interior will stay.

the Matrix = EUDM Corolla Verso - it has taller rof that regular HB... so this is not it..

Igor

Matrix is not a Euro-Verso...different developments of Corolla floorplan.

I would suspect that the next gen will be more similar, but the Matrix/Vibe are currently cheapened versions of Corolla HB's....I should know, I've got a Corolla LE for the weekend and it has the exact same ergonomic problems with its dash/seat/steering wheel relationship as the twins...

Motor Trend had a rendering of what they thought the `08 Corolla was going to look like--I think they based it on actual fact this time. Wasn't a fan when I saw it.

Matrix is not a Euro-Verso...different developments of Corolla floorplan.

I would suspect that the next gen will be more similar, but the Matrix/Vibe are currently cheapened versions of Corolla HB's....I should know, I've got a Corolla LE for the weekend and it has the exact same ergonomic problems with its dash/seat/steering wheel relationship as the twins...

did not know that ... it is taller than the europ HB though, I am sure in that ... but I never sat in an actual corolla.. just rented a Vibe once for a 1000 mile trip.

anyways...

Igor

I'm not going to lie, if that's the new Matrix, that would be pretty cool.  I like small hatches.  If the US currently had a decent one for not too much money I might have picked one for my grad present instead of a new Grand Cherokee

Have you looked at the Mazda3? I have an '05 Mazda3 5-door and love it. I actually wanted the sedan when we bought it but my wife talked me into the 5-door which I wasn't thrilled about at first. Now, I'm so glad we didn't ge the sedan. Cargo room is awesome, and the car is just a blast to drive (5spd. manual).

Igor

The Corolla Verso is a different car altogether, also known as Corolla Spacio. The Vibe/Matrix twins are known as the Toyota Voltz overseas (now out of production).

did not know that ... it is taller than the europ HB though, I am sure in that ... but I never sat in an actual corolla.. just rented a Vibe once for a 1000 mile trip.

anyways...

Igor

You are right...the Euro HB, Verso & Matrix have different roofline heights.....the Euro Hatch and the Matrix will converge more closely in the next product cycle, as the Verso has recently been redesigned (7 pass model available).

If you've missed the latest Corolla, rest assured, you haven't missed anything special.

I've seen a light green picture of the sedan in the latest Motor Trend-not ugly like the current model (or dumpy-looking as they better described it), but its still a bland car if those are the real deal. Hopefully the next Yaris will have some style to it-it continues the "too-tall" philosophy that plagues almost every single minicompact, subcompact, and compact cars these days-surprised it hasn't spread to the mid-size class yet. But Corolla should be better than it is now-there's little to recommend it other than passenger room and reliability.

take the Yaris and the Camry and take the intersect of their design .. that is how the Corolla will look like.

Toyota has been playing around with that desing language overseas for a while - now they are finally bringing it over - the US Toyota design was just dreadful.

Igor