Build your VUE GL and AURA

I saw the new info about the Aura on Saturn.com today, and I'm a bit miffed at one option. If you want an XR with leather, you have to get either black or Morocco brown. On the XE, you can get either tan or grey leather. What if I want an XR with tan? This seems pretty stupid to me. GM is constantly doing stuff like this, and it only costs them sales.

I saw the new info about the Aura on Saturn.com today, and I'm a bit miffed at one option.  If you want an XR with leather, you have to get either black or Morocco brown.  On the XE, you can get either tan or grey leather.  What if I want an XR with tan?  This seems pretty stupid to me.  GM is constantly doing stuff like this, and it only costs them sales.

176360[/snapback]

Wonder if the dealer could make a few calls & get a custom order made? Might cost a bit extra? *shrug* Test that customer service! lol

its ridiculous how cheap the Aura is. i priced an XE with lthr and roof and htd seats.......23500 or something.

black/black XR with SR and lthr for 26.

i hope saturn sells 250,000 a year. so much more value than a loaded up Jetta. I hope this even pummels the Fusion. I am so bored with the Fusion.

Edited by regfootball

its ridiculous how cheap the Aura is.  i priced an XE with lthr and roof and htd seats.......23500 or something.

i hope saturn sells 250,000 a year.  so much more value than a loaded up Jetta.  I hope this even pummels the Fusion.  I am so bored with the Fusion.

176693[/snapback]

Yeah. The XE (224-hp) costs the same as a Camry LE 4-banger.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a base model done RIGHT.

Shall we compare?

Base-model Pontiac G6:

Posted Image

Base-model Saturn Aura:

Posted Image

I can't imagine this car not being a hit.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is a base model done RIGHT. 

Shall we compare? 

Base-model Pontiac G6:

Posted Image

Base-model Saturn Aura:

Posted Image

I can't imagine this car not being a hit.

176887[/snapback]

That base G6 doesn't really exist for retail anymore...

A better comparison, 2007 base model:

Posted Image

Also, I hate to do this, but from that angle in that color...

Posted Image

176912[/snapback]

One thing I don't like is how the Aura's C-pillar attaches to the body... maybe it's just the picture. I'll find out tomorrow.

And since we're on the subject of similarities, how about Lincoln LS?

You know, that's fine with me because the Sable was designed after the Aurora.

You and Sixty8 not knowing Ford rollout years :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I am anxious to see this car in real life because some photos make it look absolutely horrible (that early ad copy, this one to an extent) and some make it look gorgeous (latest ad copy, some GM shots). I think its that awful oatmeal gray and those flat, heavy, ugly rims GM is so fond of lately.

You know, that's fine with me because the Sable was designed after the Aurora.

176971[/snapback]

i don't know if that's 100% correct. I am going to have to read through my book 'CAR' which talked about that very issue during the Taurus development.

The shaping of the oval Taurus may have preceeded the design lock on the Aurora.

those are the hubcaps on steel wheels....they look amazing convincing in that picture as alum. wheels.  the steel spokes are wide...i don't think they can make them thin.

177039[/snapback]

Are you sure about that? I thought it was a new process, painted steelies shaped like alloys.

I'd hate to think how extra unsprung weight 17" steelies add vs. alloys and the negative effect on handling and acceleration.

i don't know if that's 100% correct.  I am going to have to read through my book 'CAR' which talked about that very issue during the Taurus development.

The shaping of the oval Taurus may have preceeded the design lock on the Aurora.

177044[/snapback]

In which case, I'm going to refer back to the original 1990 Cadillac Aurora concept - which bore some of the general interior and exterior styling of the Aurora - as well as the 1992 Anthem, which matured the Aurora design further.

The Aura did not live up to my expectations but it is a competitive yet safe midsize car. One thing I do love, however, is the lack of cheap and ugly plastic wheel covers. The car would look a lot worse with them. What a great invention.

Those cars do not look the same they are sedans however so you can do that with about any car. People sometimes you guys really stretch it and I can not name a car that has come out that you guys don't try to say it looks like something else. IF it has four wheels then you claim it looks like something else.

its ridiculous how cheap the Aura is.  i priced an XE with lthr and roof and htd seats.......23500 or something.

i hope saturn sells 250,000 a year.  so much more value than a loaded up Jetta.  I hope this even pummels the Fusion.  I am so bored with the Fusion.

176693[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly.