To: Mitsubishi Raider, with love...

Flybrian

To Mitsubishi Raider, with love...

Congratulations on being the 2nd-worst-selling pickup in the country! Even the Baja beat you, man...the BAH-HA! Compareth thou to the Isuzu i-Series and then kill yourself.

Posted Image

Statistics are registrations made for the first half of 2006.

Guest YellowJacket894

How in the hell does the Ranger get over thirty-thousand sales? :blink:

As for the Raider, it's a shame. I like that truck. It's actually pretty attractive for a pickup.

Not even. Add up the B-series retail figures (2287 vs 2165).

187594[/snapback]

now that's the celebrity deathmatch of the automotive world right there........

the RANGER used to be like the best selling vehicle in America.

Way to preserve your markets, Ford.

Edited by regfootball

Remember, the Ranger, Colorado, Canyon, i-Series, and B-Series are the last real compact pickups for sale on the American market today. I wouldn't consider the Dak/Raider, Frontier, or Tacoma 'compact' by any means.

188296[/snapback]

Yeah but it's the same dynamic that's happening in sedans......

.....like how today's Civic is as big as the Accord from two generations ago, yadda, yadda......

Chevy and Ford will have to move up in size to meet the Frontiers and Tacomas of the world before the compact pickup can ever come back in "style."

as far as looks, i like the raider more than the ranger.

Yeah but it's the same dynamic that's happening in sedans......

.....like how today's Civic is as big as the Accord from two generations ago, yadda, yadda......

Chevy and Ford will have to move up in size to meet the Frontiers and Tacomas of the world before the compact pickup can ever come back in "style."

188641[/snapback]

as in the addition of a small block at some point? :lol: isn't the H3 going to get one... in the next 1 or 2 years?

wonder if gm has any plans to make the platform slightly larger... as to what you're saying.

I wonder what the % of rangers are 4 cylinders vs. V6's sold

I realize the general growth, O.C., I just hope there will always be several decent, truly compact trucks available out there for someone who just needs a second or third vehicle solely for utility. Tell me a stripped-down single-cab with a/c, a CD player, and that's it wouldn't sell for $12k?

I'm happy with my choice and I wouldn't trade it for a different brand. I'm kinda glad Ford is still selling as many Rangers as they are, even though I'm mystified by it. With the shape they're in, I doubt we'll see a new Ranger any time soon.

In an odd, twisted way, the Ranger's continued success justifies GM's strategy with the 355s.

I realize the general growth, O.C., I just hope there will always be several decent, truly compact trucks available out there for someone who just needs a second or third vehicle solely for utility. Tell me a stripped-down single-cab with a/c, a CD player, and that's it wouldn't sell for $12k?

188697[/snapback]

I think it would.....

I just think the overall market is moving us AWAY from that......

Look how subcompacts are coming back in vogue (Aveo, Fit, Yaris, Rio5, Accent, Versa)

We could see the same thing happen to compact pickups.....but I think that trend is further down the road.