Snow already!!

Charger4U

Its snowing here in Deadwood already , about 1/2 inch has fallen in the last 20 minutes.....the whole day today its snowed and flurried but none stuck until now. I went and got a winter coat already! Earlier this morning when we went to Spearfish (neighboring city) to get a coat :lol: we went back through spearfish canyon, which is just a little longer drive back but its always scenic, once driving into the canyon aways there was nsow duested on all the canyon wall spruce/fir trees (which act like umbrellas and catch evryhting) getting to the top of the canyon there was nsow on evrything about 2 inches, coming backtowards deadwood we took the Terry Summit turnoff (terry peak 7, 076 elevation) we drove to the top and there was about 5 inches up there on the ski runs...but now at my houses location it is starting to snow...we had a late 6 footer hit us last year in april and now this..those how hate winter its a sign of more to come :lol: ...anway im gonna go warump by the pellet stove :lol:

Edited by Charger4U

Wow Chicken, it's really coming. Post some pictures if you get a chance. I love snow, but that's a bit too early.

It's supposed to be 82 here today, then rain tomorrow, in the 70's, with overnight lows later in the week in the 40's.

For the last 3 seasons, I've been thinking of one of those ventless gas stoves for my basement room. It would heat the whole house, but I'm not sure how to calculate if it would be more or less expensive to use than these stupid electric baseboards.

Heres the mega crab with snow on it.

Posted Image

Somebody was wlaking barefoot.

Posted Image

Heres my sunflowers that i planted in april..they were still in the ground during the 5 footer storm in late april..and they were above groun on our last snow May 15th...but this snow finally has killed em.

Posted Image

Backyard

Posted Image

looking upstream.

Posted Image

those are some pretty pix! I can't believe you already have snow

I doubt we'll see any around my area until December which is fine with me, just like Camino I'm a big autumn fan

Man that's early. We probably have a month 1/2 before we start seeing snow here if not a little later. It was 80F and should be around there today as well but the leaves are slowly falling so you can tell autumn is upon us.

Judging from the El-Nino predictions, this winter is going to be a doozy.

Though, most weather predictions are never right so who knows.

I am a winter lover mainly because I have to wait for my birthday all year until December. I love having a winter birthday but not always a December one. Still about 3 more months until I can drive but I will probably take the Expedition out or the Tahoe.

Beautiful.  I love cold.

195118[/snapback]

Me too :) I love the smell of a fireplace, love the sound of the crackling. My friend's parents have a wood-burning stove they use as heat in the house--I love the feeling and scent.

it is drizzleing here right now and it is supposed to drop into the 20s tonight so a little snow is not out of the question, but i don't think it is going to be staying around past morning.

194961[/snapback]

alot of that rain you guys got wa suppose to stay farther south to us in the black hills.

Skiing (cross country and down hill!), snowmobiling, sleding, snow shoeing, ice skating, winter can't get here fast enough. It's a wonder I get any exercise at all in the spring summer and fall.

195185[/snapback]

Downhill skiing is the best!! My parnets were to cheap to buy a Ski pass this year though..

Darn straight! Someone has to show all those snowboarders who's boss.  8)

195215[/snapback]

Yea snowboarding is the "cool" thing to do :lol: but whatever ive never tried it and as far as im concerned there both pretty much the same......on terry peak last year for our school field trip one of my friend snowboarders "caught an edge" (like those snowboarders always do) and he crashed with his head facing uphilll and i didnt have time to swerve and hit his shoulders and jumped like 7 feet in the air ...it was hilarious...

More snow expected this weekend! heres the warning right now......

the warning sais differnte elevations so heres a reference

Deadwood 4500 feet.

Lead 5300 Feet.

Oneil Pass 6800 Feet.

...HEAVY SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 12 PM MDT SATURDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RAPID CITY HAS ISSUED A HEAVY SNOW WARNING... WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 12 PM MDT SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

HEAVY SNOW WILL CONTINUE ABOVE 6000 FEET TODAY...WITH ADDITIONAL SNOWFALL UP TO FOUR INCHES. SNOW LEVELS WILL DROP TO AROUND 5000 FEET TONIGHT... WITH HEAVY SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ABOVE 5500 FEET. THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING... OVER 10 INCHES OF SNOW ACCUMULATION IS EXPECTED FOR THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS AROUND THE O'NEIL PASS AREA SOUTHWEST OF LEAD.

A HEAVY SNOW WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DANGEROUS. ONLY TRAVEL IN AN EMERGENCY. IF YOU MUST...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.

i live right next to the creek to, which was running like a river this morning...