Pricing: 2007 Honda CR-V

Variance

Pricing: 2007 Honda CR-V

Posted Image

TORRANCE, Calif. 09/28/2006 -- American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced the all-new 2007 Honda CR-V is debuting today at dealerships nationwide. Prices for the 2007 Honda CR-V range from $20,600 for the CR-V LX model to $26,000 for the CR-V 4-WD EX-L model. Honda's Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition™ and rearview camera is available as a $2,000 factory-installed option.

The all-new CR-V features a sophisticated interior design that delivers near-luxury style along with improved refinement and a more powerful and efficient 166-horsepower, 2.4-liter, 4 cylinder engine. As part of Honda's industry leading "Safety for Everyone" initiative, all Honda light trucks, including the CR-V, are equipped with a Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA™) system and a comprehensive list of standard safety features, including side curtain airbags with roll-over sensors, front side airbags with Occupant Position Detection System and anti-lock braking system. The 2007 CR-V features Honda's innovative Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE®) Body Structure for enhanced frontal collision safety.

New features on 2007 CR-V models include:

-Distinctive, upscale, dynamic and versatile styling

-Standard safety equipment includes ACE Body Structure and Active Front Head Restraints

-Interior design and amenities deliver near-luxury style and refinement

-New body and chassis designs result in smoother, more agile performance and a quieter cabin

-10 more horsepower (166 hp) and standard 5-speed automatic transmission

-Improved ingress/egress with optimized door designs and 1.3 inch lower step-in height than the previous generation CR-V

-Dual-deck cargo shelf (available)

-Available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System with Voice Recognition

Trim Level    Transmission        MSRP         Percent increase
                                            2007 Model Year    from 2006 Model
                                                                    Year
    CR-V  2WD   LX           5 Speed Auto       $20,600             1.0%
                EX           5 Speed Auto       $22,850             1.3%
                EX-L         5 Speed Auto       $24,800        New Trim Level
                EX-L Navi    5 Speed Auto       $26,800        New Trim Level
          4WD   LX           5 Speed Auto       $21,800             0.9%
                EX           5 Speed Auto       $24,050             1.3%
                EX-L         5 Speed Auto       $26,000        New Trim Level
                EX-L Navi    5 Speed Auto       $28,000        New Trim Level

Worldwide, the CR-V is built in seven countries at eight factories, and for the first time it will be assembled using domestic and globally-sourced parts in North America at Honda of America Manufacturing in the East Liberty Plant (Ohio). A truly global product for Honda, the CR-V is sold in 160 countries in North America, Europe, Asia, South America and Africa.

Additional media information including detailed pricing features and high-resolution photography of the 2007 Honda CR-V is available at www.hondanews.com. Consumer information regarding the CR-V is available at newcrv.honda.com.

Source: American Honda

is the cabin area as big as an Accord?  i.e. width and shoulder room and leg room?

The new CR-V is up at automobiles.honda.com, so you can compare the interior room if you would like.

keep in mind, only 166hp, no v6.  probably doesn't get stellar mpg.

Steller mileage? What SUV gets steller mileage? Certainly not the Vue, Escape, or RAV4 either.

The current CR-V is rated to and gets about the same realworld mileage as the 144hp 2.2L Saturn Vue. I compiled the data available at www.fueleconomy.gov and this is what I got.

For AWD CR-V's, 45 users reported an average of 22.9mpg. For AWD Vue's, 4 users reported an average of 22.4mpg.

For FWD CR-V's, 13 users reported an average of 23.5mpg. For FWD Vue's, 20 users reported an average of 24.3mpg.

The V6 Vue's averaged about 2-4mpg less than the 4 cyl versions. So if the CR-V doesn't get steller mileage (which it doesn't), how do you explain the Vue which has a smaller engine?

considering honda's bit with the '4 cylinder' only is to keep it economical, it makes no sense when it really doesn't get mpg better than any of its competition.

200267[/snapback]

It gets similar mileage as its competition with 4 cylinders. If the Vue V6 and Escape V6 got the same mileage as the CR-V 4cyl, then it wouldn't make any sense. But that isn't the case.

considering honda's bit with the '4 cylinder' only is to keep it economical, it makes no sense when it really doesn't get mpg better than any of its competition.

200267[/snapback]

RAV-4 is about 80% penetration with the L4.....probably not that bad of a decision by Honda to stick with theirs.....although personally, I'd like to see the option of a V6.....

But...most buyers would probably pick the 4-cyl anyway even if they did offer a V6.

RAV-4 is about 80% penetration with the L4.....probably not that bad of a decision by Honda to stick with theirs.....although personally, I'd like to see the option of a V6.....

But...most buyers would probably pick the 4-cyl anyway even if they did offer a V6.

200677[/snapback]

because the 4 cylinder is overpriced to start no one could afford a v6 crv

• 2 weeks later...

Canadian Driver First Drive 2007 CR-V with pics

HIDEOUS front

Audi side glass

Volvo Taillights

X5 BMW wheel flares and ground effects

100 hp less than RAV4

It'll sell, its America

205759[/snapback]

It will sell. I have already seen more than a fair share (for me, due to that hideous front end) in my area. Most have been in dark colors to hide that snout.

• 2 weeks later...

ARGH! i spotted a new CR-V today! I follwed one in to work. HOLY COW it's hideous! wow, no grace about that one at all. Wow, really bad. the worst part was the thick and fat upper body riding visually on really skinny inset tires. the rear hatch is ungainly. the sides of the vehicle look bloated and flabby. DEAR, like Phoebe Buffay said, "stop the madness!". One of the nastiest looking cars I've seen come out this year.

Yet, folks line up at the honda dealer's door with their CR mags in hand and open checkbooks.

I've seen 2 so far in traffic. The front end truely is a curious monstrosity. Somehow reminds me of the unloved '61 DeSoto's nose.

Was in a previous gen CR-V last month for a few hours. 3 different & weird plastic/vinyl texturings made for a disjointed interior impact. Materials were average. Fit & finish was average with a few very minor misalignments. Certainly nothing special in the least. Perhaps honda put some effort into this one's interior...

Maybe it's just that photo, but the car doesn't look so bad in silver...

206263[/snapback]

I saw an 07 in Holbrook in Silver. The front end looks horrendous. The rest didn't look that bad to me though.

ARGH!  i spotted a new CR-V today!  I follwed one in to work.  HOLY COW it's hideous!  wow, no grace about that one at all.  Wow, really bad.  the worst part was the thick and fat upper body riding visually on really skinny inset tires.  the rear hatch is ungainly.  the sides of the vehicle look bloated and flabby.  DEAR, like Phoebe Buffay said, "stop the madness!".  One of the nastiest looking cars I've seen come out this year.

Yet, folks line up at the honda dealer's door with their CR mags in hand and open checkbooks.

210527[/snapback]

I've seen them in person and I think they look better in person than in pictures. The front grille is still odd looking, but for the most part, the entire car is very well refined and looks good (for a cute-ute anyway).

Perhaps honda put some effort into this one's interior...

210541[/snapback]

Most reviews have commented on how the new interior is much more refined than the last. Actually most comments I've read about the previous CR-V interior say how it is very bad, probably the worst Honda interior in their current lineup.