2007 Pontiac Torrent - Huge Improvements

Well I just picked up my 2007 Torrent from the dealer yesterday and I am very impressed with the updates. I had previously driven a 2006 Torrent, but was turned off by the cheap interior. The new centre console, gauge cluster, and driver information centre are huge improvements over the old design. I also noticed that the steering feels better...I am not sure if GM retuned it or not ? Overall I am very happy with the vehicle, and for those of you who continually say the engine is weak; test drive one, it will change your mind. It has more than sufficient power and the 5 speed automatic is very smooth. Also, I am very happy that the Torrent has been given StabiliTrak, because in the winter it truly helps. Pictures below:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Torrent is a very tasteful car.

Did you notice any improvements to the suspension?

202672[/snapback]

No, the suspension feels the same as before. Although the other thing I noticed in the 2007 was that it is quieter. The 2006 I drove had really bad road noise on the highway. On this one it is hardly noticable. So I think GM also added some new sound deadening materials.

Great pictures! Thanks for posting... it looks like there is a red LED giving some light over the center console/gear selecter at night, no?

The interior looks a LOT nicer!

Great pictures!  Thanks for posting... it looks like there is a red LED giving some light over the center console/gear selecter at night, no?

The interior looks a LOT nicer!

202716[/snapback]

Hmm... I dont know about that, but since the HHR has an LED light shining on the center stack/console, I guess it would be possible.

The red lighting is hot.

202970[/snapback]

I am not sure why the buff books kept ripping pontiac for the red lighting. I LOVE the red lighting in our aztek. its easy on the eyes. I wish they would maybe mix in another color though. i like the new torrent gauges and the center stack looks nice too. Did they move the window swtiches to the door? That's a big flaw that needs fixing.

With these interior upgrades it makes the Torrent a good choice, but I really need to see the 3.6/6 sp. under the hood before I would even consider it. I wish they would upgrade the plastic and leathers too.

Edited by regfootball

Those buttons at the top of the center stack on the right side are misaligned...other than that it looks far better than last year's Torrent...still needs a better engine tho.

203785[/snapback]

I guess I don't see the misalignment....maybe I'm not looking at the same thing.

I am not sure why the buff books kept ripping pontiac for the red lighting.

203564[/snapback]

Really? Interesting... I wonder if they did that for BMWs with their reddish lighting too? I love the red lighting in Pontiac's.