What if...

Northstar

The 6-speed needs to come in the base models not just the higher end models. If GM would implement this transmission across the board it would be one less gripe the media would have about putting the "ancient 4-speed" in everything.

Edited by RJB

Put me down for this one as well.

206453[/snapback]

Me too.

Anyone have any ideas what the plans are for the small cars (Cobalt, Ion/Astra, G5, etc.)? I'm not sure that 6 speed will fit.

Me too.

Anyone have any ideas what the plans are for the small cars (Cobalt, Ion/Astra, G5, etc.)? I'm not sure that 6 speed will fit.

206457[/snapback]

the new 6-speed was supposedly dimensionally smaller than the 4-speed it replaced.

This statement is incorrect already. The G6 has the 3.6L 6-speed combo. :P

But yeah, I'm with everyone. Put it on the base models too. I'm actually interested what the 6-speed can do for the 2.4L Ecotec.

206452[/snapback]

OK, OK on "select" models so far. :duh:

I should've used the quote feature. I was referring to Northie, not you. He said it was only available on the high-end Aura, which I corrected him that the G6 has it too.

Your statement is correct. The 3.6L only appears on the GTP, which is the highest trim on the G6.

:P

Edited by ToniCipriani

If I was a betting man I would put my money on only the uplevel models getting the 6 speed and all others getting the 4 speed. I hope they all get the 6 speed but I doubt they will.

206508[/snapback]

:withstupid: ... only change the smily face to an angry one...

Maybe if they throw in the 3.9 under the hood or something, it may make the 4 speed more appealing, but really, I have a bad feeling that the Malbu will be getting 4 cogs in the base model.

What If... God Smoked Cannabis...

Really, I think they will come with 6 speeds but i would not be suprised if they still used the tried and true 4 speed.

Yeah, its not 1988 anymore-the Malibu needs that 6-speed automatic as standard no questions asked! The engine lineup should be the 2.4-liter ECOTEC I-4, 3.2-liter DOHC High Feature 235hp V-6 (optional on base retail models this time, without having to buy options or packages either!!!), and the 3.6-liter DOHC HF V-6, with at least 270hp.

Yeah, its not 1988 anymore-the Malibu needs that 6-speed automatic as standard no questions asked! The engine lineup should be the 2.4-liter ECOTEC I-4, 3.2-liter DOHC High Feature 235hp V-6 (optional on base retail models this time, without having to buy options or packages either!!!), and the 3.6-liter DOHC HF V-6, with at least 270hp.

208974[/snapback]

Agreed...Chevy needs to be above average..

Edited by moltar