Posted Image

Posted Image

Spade Kreations American Racing Buick Lucerne:

Posted Image

Posted Image

MTX Audio Buick Lucerne:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Spade Kreations American Racing Buick Lucerne is particularly disappointing because its grille makes it look even more like a Nissan...

To be constructive, there are various bits and pieces that I think would look great together.

I'd take the Concept 1 Lucerne, minus the grille and two-tone paint. The full car would be painted the darker color of the two, and I'd keep the stock black grille.

Edited by aaaantoine

Looks like the body kit is definitely a done deal since there were multiple cars with the same one...(like the Concept 1 above).

Personally I like the signature series body kit the most minus all the decals and drop the back end just a bit more. Rims could be cooler. I'd also LOVE to know more about the spoiler on the CST model. And what about the details on these cars?...Engine upgrades, suspension treatment, what all was done aside from visual and whose components are they?

Funny I've never been a fan of chrome, but for the few that blacked out the frames of the side windows, they seemed to have cheapened the car.

I'm rather disappointed in the colors, wheel selections, and overall packages these companies have put out. As mentioned above, it will stir up some interest and get people talking, but is it the right people and are they having the right conversation to increase the sales of the Lucerne and put Buick where it wants to be? My opinion is NO!

However I am personally interested in the Lucerne for my own vehicle and have had some 'concepts' of my own that I would like to put into place. Of course I'm biased, but I think mine would out-cool AND out-class all of these. Guess time will tell if I end up purchasing and get the opportunity to do it.

Edited by CreativeVision

I suppose no one noticed the suicide doors on the MTX.

Posted Image

210746[/snapback]

Oh wow! I didn't notice that...

My bet is that GM asked these firms to go relatively mild on the mods so that it was still distinguishable as a Buick to the untrained eye.

I dunno, IMO, SEMA hasn't been much to get excited over since the days of John Moss ended. Most of GM's cars are just stock models with "GM Accessories" (Which, I know, is kinda the point) But I do miss the days of SERIOUSLY modified factory cars being on the SEMA floor.

I agree that the Stainless is the best, though personally, I think skinny tires and huge rims just don't fit with the Lucerne's style and all.  It's a Buick.  Give it something classy.  Give it white-wall tires.

211698[/snapback]

MIght as well give it the white wall with the gold stripe then...Oh and don't forget the faux top and gold emblems...

White-wall tires aren't "classy", their just plain outdated. Classy would be red-line tires, like our old Hot Wheels!