"Take our cars, please!": Aspen/Compass Incentives

Variance

"Take our cars, please!": Aspen/Compass Incentives

Posted Image

This morning we heard about a strange promotion to sway buyers to the new Chrysler Sebring. Chrysler isn’t trying anything unique with rebates on the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen SUV and 2007 Jeep Compass compact SUV. No, those two models get straightforward cash back.

Kicking Tires

Guest YellowJacket894

It doesn't surprise me at all. The Aspen and Compass, while they may not be uncompetitive in some regards, are incompetent products with dreary styling. The cost doesn't justify the car. And neither one fits with the brand they are part of (why does Jeep need a compact car, for Christ's sake?).

Big deal. I bought a 300 right when they came out, and also got $1000 cash back. It was for using Chrysler Financial to finance the vehicle. It's a way for Chrysler to get people to use their financial arm. They more than make up for it in finance charges.

Also......the sky is falling......the sky is falling. Stupid media.

I just checked Yahoo Autos, and found out that the 07 Envoy has $1500 - $2000 cash back right now.  That's more than the Aspen!!    :lol:

:gmc:

....and the Envoy looks really nice, and is a brand new design.

213681[/snapback]

What rock have you been under? or is that sarcasm. I'd except the Envoy to have large rebates...it's old.

Anyway the article is right about the Compass...wtf were the DCX exects thinking? Get rid of that thing ASAP and just keep the Patriot.

Yep... Envoy came out in 2002... But it was an excellent comparison. Thanks Brew!  :lol:  :duh:

213691[/snapback]

Oops....I actually meant to compare the new Yukon. :duh:

But guess what???? There's even $2000 cash back on the brand new Yukon.....and a mid-level Yukon bases for about $6000-$7000 more then the Aspen Limited.

<_< Dealers Scream for SUV (Chrysler) and Compact (Jeep). Man looks like knee jerk action by the Executive staff rather than proper research and marketing of a good product.

Jeep CompASS = :puke:

Chrysler ASSpen = :puke:

Bad German Management = More potential customers for GM. :gitfunky:

Go GM!!! :gmc:

Saw a black Aspen with Chrome wheels yesterday at a stop light. It's rather nice to me. Why have a Dodge Durango. The Aspen is much better looking

214116[/snapback]

Agreed, I have seen two Aspen's in the last couple of weeks. They were both Limiteds with the big chrome wheels and looked very good. One was black and one silver.

They are actually priced pretty competitively and are a size that many people like. It will be interesting to see how they sell. They are much better looking than the Durango.

Agreed, I have seen two Aspen's in the last couple of weeks.  They were both Limiteds with the big chrome wheels and looked very good.    One was black and one silver.

They are actually priced pretty competitively and are a size that many people like.  It will be interesting to see how they sell.  They are much better looking than the Durango.

214240[/snapback]

I agree on teh Aspen I think they look pretty good and if about the same price as an old Tahoe I would likely consider it but next to the GMT900 Tahoe and the game is over. That being said DCX should fire the guy who designed the Compass. It is just UGLY!