CAS Preview: 2008 Nissan Titan

CAS Preview: 2008 Nissan Titan

No pictures yet but Tennessean.com had an article today that glossed over the changes Nissan is making to the Titan for its MCE. It's expected to shown at the 2007 Chicago Auto Show. Excerpts below:

Details remain sketchy but Larry Dominique, head of product planning for the Nashville-based automaker, said buyers will have more options with the 2008 model, which will go on sale next year.

"We're going to have some pretty big changes on the interior, some exterior changes," Dominique said. "We're going to be offering some varied wheel bases, which is something we hadn't done in the past, so we're going to be expanding the portfolio."

The Titan comes in two basic versions, the king cab with a 6.5-foot truck bed and the crew cab with a 5.5-foot truck bed. The 2008 models will come in more sizes, giving buyers more options.

So I expect they are going to offer crew cabs with 6.5' beds and king cabs with 7' or 8' beds in 2008. I hope they have a regular cab forthcoming as well.

Tennessean.com

"Nashville" is how you say "roots of slave labor camps in Manchuria" in Japanese.

Nissan North America is HQed in Tenn.

222061[/snapback]

That doesn't make it based out of Nashville.

If that were the case, GM would be based out of Melbourne in Austrailia or Rüsselheim in Germany, South Korea, China, Brazil, etc.....

Get the point?

• 2 weeks later...

Is the GTO not australian-based? I personally never considered it an american product by any stretch of the imagination.

If that were the case, GM would be based out of Melbourne in Austrailia or Rüsselheim in Germany, South Korea, China, Brazil, etc.....

Get the point?

222954[/snapback]

I wonder what Dodge plans to do with the Ram...

222052[/snapback]

Thats what I've been thinking. Would be nice if it could out muscle Ford and Chevy in every way from towing to hp.

Get the point?

222954[/snapback]

Nissan North America is based in Nashville, Tennessee.

oh, maybe they'll have a "non-ugly" option or "deselect crappy interior plastic" packages.

heck maybe they'll even make it more reliable for MY08, can't be that hard...

227340[/snapback]

Ad tag line, I can just see it-

"We've made it less ugly, less crappy and well... less"

That makes me laugh all of these FOREIGN auto makers come over here and have plants in certain states and they are allowed to be called American!!! Just like Toyota and NASCAR oh well there made in a few plants in America so we can let them compete Horse $h!!!! :censored:

• 2 weeks later...

That makes me laugh all of these FOREIGN auto makers come over here and have plants in certain states and they are allowed to be called American!!! Just like Toyota and NASCAR oh well there made in a few plants in America so we can let them compete Horse $h!!!! :censored:

Nissan has more than just a couple of plants in tennessee. That is where ALL of their north american business goes on. I am not saying the nissan is an american company persay... but they do have some real investment here.

>>"Nissan North America is based in Nashville, Tennessee."<<

Nissan North America is an division of Nissan, headquartered/ based in Japan. It is not a separate, autonomous entity. It it not an American company, nor is it a manufacturer- it is merely an administrative figurehead overseeing an American-based assembly plant for a japanese manufacturer. Calling it anything else is buying into the PR spin.

There cannot actually be confusion or even discussion on this point, can there??