The New Civic

NOS2006

I was up at the dealershio last night, they had a black sedan with some accessory rims that looked killer. I really think this car, even with its somewhat radical looks, is going to sell like hotcakes. Great advertised mileage, which means it probably gets better in the real world will help it a lot. The car seems like a solidly built piece, I was quite impressed.

Stylistically the last civic was already a step back. The 1997-2000 Civic was a good looking car. The coupe actually had a little bit of elegance to it. The 2001/2 cars sucked and ripped off the euro Astra BIG TIME in the front. Then in 03/04/05 they improved them a lot wiht just a subtle twek here & there. Now this new one looks terrible. I've always been a CRX fan and think those cars are coming bakc but if they make a new CRX wiht the coupe/hatchbacks front end styling it will look hideous! :puke:

Agreed every word with Sixty8 on the 97-05 Civics. As regards the current one, I like the looks of the Civic Si coupe. I'd like to see a base DX model without the 18 inch alloys and spoiler and the like to see if it's still attractive. The sedans I'm not sure about - I'll need to see one in person before I'm decided. The design of the interior is a big step back IMO. It's just odd. Odd can be a good thing - I'm all for taking some chances stylistically. This is not one of those. Blech. The only plus is that they offer a Nav system - GM needs to do this, too. -RBB

I've always been a CRX fan

Haha. Yeh because those things are beautiful. Definately better than the new Civic Si :P

Personally, I liked the Concept model more. Of course it wouldn't take much to make the production Civic Si look as good as it (minus the red calipers though). I would also go for gloss black rims with a polished lip, or a darker, more deep gunmetal like what came on the DC2 00-01 Integra Type R. These rims just look a little flat:

Posted Image

I finally checked it out in person... The interior is... I must say, not that bad. I still don't like the dual clusters, but the dash itself, I can live with. Same with the rest of the interior. The exterior looks even better in person. If I had the money for a new car... The Civic Si would be at the top of my list since there is no compact coupe available from Pontiac.

Haven't seen the car in person yet, so I can't say. But has anyone seen the commercial yet, it's great great advertising, and that song is awesome. Does anybody know what song and commercial I'm talking aobut? It mostly just has the car and two people in the car, but the song is perfect for Honda's target market, and then they talk about the hybrid version. It really hits the target audience well.