ZL-1

GM@Geneva
2008 Opel Corsa OPC
Posted Image

Corsa OPC: Sports Car Performance from Just 22,560 Euros

• Top performer: 192 hp, superb driving performance
  • Only 7.9 liters per 100 km
  • Available to order now
Rüsselsheim/Geneva. At the world premiere of the 192 hp Corsa OPC at the Geneva Motor Show, Opel announces that the new powerful model is available to order now from 22,560 euros. The compact three-door is the sporty variant of the new Corsa, which has sold more than 150,000 units across Europe in the last few months, and is at Opel dealerships in March. The Corsa OPC’s standard equipment includes body-contoured seats in motor sport design, air conditioning and CD-radio.

“With the Corsa OPC, we have a highly attractive product within our sporty model family. And it will especially appeal to younger customers, as the affordable price is complemented by the moderate fuel consumption of 7.9 liters per 100 kilometers,” said Carl-Peter Forster, President GM Europe, in Geneva. The Corsa OPC’s turbo-charged,
1.6-liter gasoline engine continues Opel’s trend toward compact units that combine high performance and efficiency with correspondingly low emissions. The Corsa has a top speed of 225 km/h and up to 266 Nm of torque.

The Corsa OPC is the sixth member of Opel’s sporty OPC model family, which includes the Astra, Meriva, Zafira, Vectra and Vectra station wagon. Around 8000 OPC models were sold last year. Opel aims to sell 3000 Corsa OPC units in this year alone.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

---------------------
http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cfm/count...sa-opc-revealed
The tuner-looks are too much for my taste, but 192hp out of 1.6L is cool! :D Edited by Flybrian

• 2 months later...

New, photos, 3 videos and full Geneva press release:

World Premiere in Geneva: Most Powerful Corsa Ever

* OPC powerhouse with 192 turbo PS

* Up to 266 Newton meters with overboost

* Zero to 100 km/h in 7.2 seconds

* Top speed 225 km/h

Geneva — Opel is shifting into top gear with the new Corsa OPC, which makes its world premiere at the 77th Geneva Motor Show (March 8–18, 2007) and goes on sale shortly afterwards. Following the sensational market launch of the Opel bestseller's fourth generation, the OPC version is now the quintessential expression of the Corsa's dynamic character. Top-level agility and vehicle control ensure pure Corsa driving fun. Its 1.6 liter turbo engine with 141 kW/192 PS accelerates the compact three-door from zero to 100 km/h in 7.2 seconds and enables a top speed of 225 km/h. The maximum torque of 230 Nm is delivered to the front wheels by the standard six-speed transmission. more at AutoReport

Awwww yeeaaaahhhh...

Posted Image

I hate those $h!boxes!

Funny story...our old neighbor had a Honda Civic. It got stolen. He replaced it with one of thse (unpainted bumpers and everything). Never got stolen :P

--

I love the color of teh cars and those wheels are awesome

:metal: Totally Rocks, this would be loved by more than just the tuner crowd. I could enjoy driving this to work every day. Not a bad looking pocket rocket. FYI I am 40 this year :P So if I like it, I can image there are others beside the tuner crowd that would dig this auto.

:metal:

Priced right , that car would do insanely well over here in the states . Its not got the Qwirky looks of the Fit or Versa and neither of those have a performance version . Saturn did say they would like to bring this car here too , so who knows ...maybe itll happen within a couple years .

Just a reminder that they've already said that this car doesn't meet US safety specs, and it'd take 3 years to do it, so they won't... We get the next gen as a Saturn in 4-5 years. Not that lots of customer pressure couldn't change that. :) Personally, I'd love to see lots of customer pressure move the next gen up a year or two, so we get the next gen, preferably built here. :D