Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2008 Saturn Ordering Guide

2008 VUE Changes
Posted Image

Highlights
  • All new interior and exterior design for 2008
  • Four model line including XE, XR, Red Line & Green Line
  • Clean, sculpted, distinctively sporty, European exterior design
  • All new upscale interior with refined, premium materials and precise fit and finish
  • Wide array of standard safety features
  • Sporty ride and handling
  • Multiple drivetrain choices
  • More powerful standard 2.4L four cylinder engine with Hydra-Matic 4T45 four-speed automatic transmission
  • 3.6L VVT 250HP V6 engine with new Hydra-Matic six-speed automatic transmission standard on XR & Red Line models
  • 3.5L 215HP V6 engine with new Hydra-Matic six-speed automatic transmission on XE models
  • AWD available with both V6 engine
  • All powertrain configurations are flat or "dingy" towable
  • Stiff, steel body-frame integral structure
  • Independent front and independent multi-link rear suspension
  • Standard four wheel anti-lock brakes
  • Standard traction control
  • Standard StabiliTrak electronic stability control system
  • Standard dual stage front airbags
  • Standard front seat side thorax air bags
  • Standard first and second row head curtain side air bags with rollover sensing system
  • Front row dual safety belt pretensioners
  • Disengaging collapsible pedals
  • Active head restraints
  • Standard OnStar safety and security system with one-year subscription to the Safe and Sound Plan
  • Available Eight-way power driver's seat
  • Flat-folding 60/40 split rear seatback
  • Flip down second row armrest
  • Ample covered, flocked and damped storage including large locking glove box
  • Sliding storage bin under the front passenger seat
  • Standard rear cargo management system
  • Standard AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback
  • Standard steering wheel audio controls
  • Available DVD based navigation system
  • Available automatic rain-sensing wiper system
  • Available remote start
  • Available heated windshield washer system
  • Available universal home remote system
  • Available heated front seats in premium cloth or leather
Looks like the Red Line is just a suspension, wheels and tires, and appearance package now. No difference in powertrain between the XR and the RL, not even final gear ratio.

-----------------

2008 VUE Changes
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Deletions
  • Exterior paint colors (25U) Midnight Blue, (41U) Black Onyx and (63U) Berry Red
New Features
  • (DD0) Heated power-adjustable, driver-side auto-dimming, body-color manual folding mirrors available on XE Sedan with (PCM) Preferred Package and (LZ4) 3.5L Variable Valve Timing V6 engine
  • Exterior paint color (37U) Deep Blue
  • Exterior paint color (58U) Black Mist (extra-cost color)
  • Exterior paint color (80U) Red Jewel Tintcoat (extra-cost color)
Changes
  • (223) Morocco Brown interior trim now includes embossed on door trim, steering wheel and shift knob (in addition to the seat inserts)

Colors

Exterior / Interior

Golden Cashmere / Black or Tan

Deep Blue / Gray, Black or Tan

Mystic Blue / Gray, Black or Tan

Black Onyx / Gray, Black or Tan

Polar White / Gray, Black or Tan

Sunburst Orange / Black or Tan

Silver Pearl / Gray or Black

Techno Gray / Gray or Black

Ruby Red / Gray, Black or Tan

Sea Mist Green / Gray, Black or Tan

They've got the bases covered on exterior color choices, but I was hoping for some adventurous interiors, a la Malibu. The standard features list is incredibly long, showing how stiff the competition is getting. Nice package, looks like.

• 1 month later...

Here's the link in case everyone wants it-beats having to go to the Aura Ordering Guide (page 7 right now) and going to the link:

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...4683&type=0

• 2 weeks later...

they had the 08 vue at the autoshow here, stood next to it with the doors open. Touched the door panels, stroked them.

Lots of folks will be surprised at how nice the new Vue is. I think it will be a massive hit. The interior is very well done, and the exterior does not come off as 'Korean' as it does in the pictures. The interior has the tightest gaps I've seen from a GM offering. the materials are all very nice. This interior is top drawer, even if I am not crazy about the center console and armrest.

I can't wait to see sales take off on this thing. Way classier than a RAV4, even if its a bit smaller. The new Outlander is nicer than the RAV4 and CRV by the way.

Edited by regfootball

Its really growing on me, thanks to the mini-pamphlet of a Silver Pearl VUE XR AWD from the Auto Show from a couple weeks back. Not just because its American rivals (Compass/Patriot and Escape/Mariner/Tribute) are all crap, but because it has some style to it, where the Ford trio have no style at all, and the Compass/Patriot are downright abominations that never should've even been discussed, let alone actually brought to production. Ditch the unnecessary 3500 V-6, and we're rolling! BTW, the Sea Mist Green metallic touch-up paint looks great!

Its really growing on me, thanks to the mini-pamphlet of a Silver Pearl VUE XR AWD from the Auto Show from a couple weeks back. Not just because its American rivals (Compass/Patriot and Escape/Mariner/Tribute) are all crap, but because it has some style to it, where the Ford trio have no style at all, and the Compass/Patriot are downright abominations that never should've even been discussed, let alone actually brought to production. Ditch the unnecessary 3500 V-6, and we're rolling! BTW, the Sea Mist Green metallic touch-up paint looks great!

the new VUE is awesome. It should totally compare to the RAV and it hands the CRV its ass on a platter.

That's good news. I thought the interior appeared to be pretty good at the auto show, but they were not unlocked and you couldn't sit in them, so I couldn't actually see what the interior felt like.

make sure you rub your ass on the dash to make sure it's Charmin soft.

That's good news. I thought the interior appeared to be pretty good at the auto show, but they were not unlocked and you couldn't sit in them, so I couldn't actually see what the interior felt like.

the door panels felt really good. the materials are good and the gaps are small. the seats look really nice and have neat detailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Black Mist-is that a Crystal Pearl type color like Brillliant Black at Mopar? Nice color selections/updates for VUE and Aura though.

Edited by Mule Bakersdozen LS

Yikes, the new Vue weights 4400 lbs. How is a detuned 164 HP 2.4 Ecotec or even the detuned 215 HP 3500 going to deal with all that weight? And i'm not overly fond of the Asian/Korean like styling either, not that the current one was brilliant. It also would have been nice to see the 6 speed automatic at least as an option on the Auras 3500 XE models.

Edited by ponchoman49