DetroitNut90

Spied: Cadillac SRX-V?

71 posts in this topic

Leftlane's not quite sure what to make of this one:

Something new appears to be afoot in the world of the Cadillac SRX. Spy photographers spotted this blacked-out SRX-based prototype with a curious mix of attributes that have us scratching our heads.

The front bumper-mounted lighting assemblies found on the current standard SRX have been removed here, and in their place reside large mesh air-intakes. The horizontal strip of six intake slots on the SRX's front fascia are still here on this prototype, but they're also finished in a V-style mesh treatment. Finally, this tester's front air-dam gets a lowered extension, creating a deeper front chin.

While we're at it, why not throw in some portholes taken directly from a Buick Lucerne? They're right there on this SRX's front fenders. It's unimaginable that Cadillac would so blatantly lift a recognizable Buick design cue and plunk it on a Cadillac, so what gives? It's tough to say for sure, but perhaps an SRX facelift will get Escalade-style fender vents, and these Buick portholes are simply applied to approximate the effect in the early phases of testing.

Add to the picture that our tester appears to have the STS-V's 10-spoke 18-inch wheels and tires and its V-spec brake calipers, and it would seem that we have a sport package, or even a V-spec prototype. But, with the recent addition of an SRX Sport Package for 2007 — which actually looks more sporty and aggressive than this prototype — visually things don't quite add up.

Leftlane News

What kind of crossover is Cadillac getting to replace it? I admit, I've never really been a fan of the boxy shape of the SRX, but from all accounts I've read, it's a very competent vehicle.

The BRX is coming in the 2010MY (if I remember correctly, it's either '09 or '10) but I don't think it will have a 3rd row (the SRX's is useless anyways) and it will be based on TE instead of Sigma. I guess the CTS wagon sort of replaces the SRX.

Will the home market get the CTS wagon? Cool. I wonder if these other bodystyles (wagon and especially coupe) will be shown this year anywhere.

Yes, we're getting the CTS wagon, though it's going to be low-volume. I'm guessing NAIAS 2009 will be when we see the CTS coupe and wagon, as they're '10 MY vehicles.

The CTS wagon won't take over for SRX. They're completely different vehicles.

The SRX is a CTS wagon with slightly more ground clearance...

SRX just got a new interior, which was the only real problem with the original. Honestly, GM cancels and resurrects projects more quickly than an ADHD toddler so if sales improve significantly I wouldn't count it out completely. At this point, though, it's dead, unfortunately.

SRX is as good as burnt toast, it ain't happening. That said, we still have the BRX, CTS Wagon and possibly another crossover, though that is still very undefined. For now, lets just let taps play for the SRX. :AH-HA_wink:

The CTS wagon won't take over for SRX. They're completely different vehicles.

Along with the coupe it will fill the void when the STS and SRX go out of production and keep LGR running at full tilt.

Sad because the SRX is really great, too.

Especially with its great new interior.

So is Cadillac going to go on without a large crossover?

Along with the coupe it will fill the void when the STS and SRX go out of production and keep LGR running at full tilt.

This is off topic - If I understand correctly the STS and SRX are going out of production in the future.

That means the DTS will become the Top of the line Cadillac!? :hissyfit:

If it does, it better be RWD and a whole new class of car.

Thanks.

It took them too long to get it right. I doubt the sales will jump enough for the SRX to get a reprieve, which is unfortunate because its an awesome vehicle.

It took them too long to get it right. I doubt the sales will jump enough for the SRX to get a reprieve, which is unfortunate because its an awesome vehicle.

Then it should get a redesign/refresh. If Honda threw in the towel after one unsuccessful design, we'd never have the Odyssey.

I mean seriously, if America can forgive Honda for this:

Posted Image

American can get over the initial SRX missteps.

There was a gap of a couple of years between the original Odyssey and the new one, but I see where you're coming from. They dont advertise the SRX which is a real shame because if more people knew about it and the new interior, more people would check it out. All part of, as you said earlier, the old GM way. Take three years too long to get it right then dont let anyone know.

There was a gap of a couple of years between the original Odyssey and the new one, but I see where you're coming from. They dont advertise the SRX which is a real shame because if more people knew about it and the new interior, more people would check it out. All part of, as you said earlier, the old GM way. Take three years too long to get it right then dont let anyone know.

Honda Odyssey:

Gen 1 1995-1998 - 4 model years

Gen 2 1999-2004

Gen 3 2005-Current

There wasn't a gap and the first one ran 4 years.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.