Spied: Cadillac SRX-V?

DetroitNut90

Leftlane's not quite sure what to make of this one:

Something new appears to be afoot in the world of the Cadillac SRX. Spy photographers spotted this blacked-out SRX-based prototype with a curious mix of attributes that have us scratching our heads.

The front bumper-mounted lighting assemblies found on the current standard SRX have been removed here, and in their place reside large mesh air-intakes. The horizontal strip of six intake slots on the SRX's front fascia are still here on this prototype, but they're also finished in a V-style mesh treatment. Finally, this tester's front air-dam gets a lowered extension, creating a deeper front chin.

While we're at it, why not throw in some portholes taken directly from a Buick Lucerne? They're right there on this SRX's front fenders. It's unimaginable that Cadillac would so blatantly lift a recognizable Buick design cue and plunk it on a Cadillac, so what gives? It's tough to say for sure, but perhaps an SRX facelift will get Escalade-style fender vents, and these Buick portholes are simply applied to approximate the effect in the early phases of testing.

Add to the picture that our tester appears to have the STS-V's 10-spoke 18-inch wheels and tires and its V-spec brake calipers, and it would seem that we have a sport package, or even a V-spec prototype. But, with the recent addition of an SRX Sport Package for 2007 — which actually looks more sporty and aggressive than this prototype — visually things don't quite add up.

Leftlane News

SRX just got a new interior, which was the only real problem with the original. Honestly, GM cancels and resurrects projects more quickly than an ADHD toddler so if sales improve significantly I wouldn't count it out completely. At this point, though, it's dead, unfortunately.

Along with the coupe it will fill the void when the STS and SRX go out of production and keep LGR running at full tilt.

This is off topic - If I understand correctly the STS and SRX are going out of production in the future.

That means the DTS will become the Top of the line Cadillac!? :hissyfit:

If it does, it better be RWD and a whole new class of car.

Thanks.

It took them too long to get it right. I doubt the sales will jump enough for the SRX to get a reprieve, which is unfortunate because its an awesome vehicle.

Then it should get a redesign/refresh. If Honda threw in the towel after one unsuccessful design, we'd never have the Odyssey.

I mean seriously, if America can forgive Honda for this:

Posted Image

American can get over the initial SRX missteps.

There was a gap of a couple of years between the original Odyssey and the new one, but I see where you're coming from. They dont advertise the SRX which is a real shame because if more people knew about it and the new interior, more people would check it out. All part of, as you said earlier, the old GM way. Take three years too long to get it right then dont let anyone know.

There was a gap of a couple of years between the original Odyssey and the new one, but I see where you're coming from. They dont advertise the SRX which is a real shame because if more people knew about it and the new interior, more people would check it out. All part of, as you said earlier, the old GM way. Take three years too long to get it right then dont let anyone know.

Honda Odyssey:

Gen 1 1995-1998 - 4 model years

Gen 2 1999-2004

Gen 3 2005-Current

There wasn't a gap and the first one ran 4 years.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

THe prime difference is; Honda is asian and Cadillac is american.

All is ALWAYS forgotten in asia-land. Remember the Toyota Previa? Never hear that one thrown up in Sienna reviews... (Not to mention that god-awful dustbuster van they produced prior to the Previa that used to randomly ignite into full flame carrying the kids to baseball practice) How about the Corona or Starlet? Or better yet; ever hear of a T100 reference in Tundra articles?

I think SRX should live on. It is a worthy mobile given its not so tall stance and a competent chasis.

GM just does not get it.

If they had used the killing the least selling products. Cavalier would have got a replacement in less than 23 years.

It seems like two extremes.

Beat a mare to death which was a miling cow in the past or kill the infant which GM thinks is impotent either ways it puts the sales down.

I really want to see at what rate GM keeps these current products fresh.

Honda Odyssey:

Gen 1 1995-1998 - 4 model years

Gen 2 1999-2004

Gen 3 2005-Current

There wasn't a gap and the first one ran 4 years.

Oops, could've sworn there was a gap, probably just because they didn't sell that well. How come Isuzu didn't get a new Oasis?

The SRX is a CTS wagon with slightly more ground clearance...

I know... offer VersaTrak on the CTS wagon. Much like what Volvo does for the V70 and the XC70. That should cover up for the SRX.

A 'CTS Allroad' is an interesting idea!

and possibly another crossover, though that is still very undefined.

I think I'm hallucinating: I read this and remebered some C&G post about a 400hp Lambda Cadillac Escalade successor... Such a high-end non-BOF crossover would be cool!

So are you saying that the SRX is to stay?

I don't think it's leaving. I'm going against AH-HA and everyone else on this one...

The last model year was supposed to be '09 (new one was a 2010) so I'm guessing it will either be done after 2009 or 2010 MY (depending on how it is selling).

Do you just think it's staying, or do you have proof it is staying? You said you think, that's a lot different (and less factual) than people having proof it's going away.

One, that is old. Many things have changed since then seeing as though the Zeta platform is in development and about ready to hit production.

Two, it said delayed. 'Delay' has never connotatively or denotatively meant 'dead.'

I don't want to argue with anybody, I just want my opinion thrown out there.

I am more curious to know what they were testing in that SRX trogen horse of a mule. Lets focus here people we factually know the SRX is currently dead, though as we have scene wth other stuff GM can change its minds when it feels like it. It's probably testing the new northstar or maybe even a new LS variant to be used in a different V-series car.

What really throws me is why the hell does it have buick venti-ports on teh fenders? I mean seriosuly what are those there for...

Engineers do have a sense of humor you know....

I was thinking it might be a temporary, functional piece, but I like your answer better.

Of course, it could be a powertrain mule that is being tested for Buick, but using a more nimble architecture rather than the Lucerne or Enclave. Then again, I'm no expert.