Who else has at least driven...

...EVERY Monte Carlo generation? I've driven at least one MC of each generation, though I've only owned 5 of 6 generations....

Those generations being...

Gen 1 = 1970-72

Gen 2 = 1973-77

Gen 3 = 1978-80

Gen 4 = 1981-88

Gen 5 = 1995-99

Gen 6 = 2000-present

I currently own (thus driven)...

Gen 1 ... 1972 MC

Gen 2 ... 1976 MC Landau

Gen 3 ... 1979 MC Landau

Gen 4 ... 1981 MC SC

Gen 4 ... 1987 MC LS

I have owned (thus driven)...

Gen 4 ... 1988 MC LS

Gen 6 ... 2000 LS

My parents currently have (and, yes, I have driven)...

Gen 5 ... 1997 LS

So ... anyone else at least DRIVEN every Monte Carlo generation? I know my parents and sister have [tho, my parents have only owned 2nd, 4th and 5th gen MCs, while my sister has owned no MCs]....

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Every song, another scene" ... Dierks Bently ... 'Every Mile A Memory'

I'd love to drive a 2nd gen.

I've never even been inside a Monte...

Am I out of the club? :AH-HA_wink:

What he said... No one in my family has recently owned one.

:wavey:

Never been in one, parents have never owned one. My uncle used to have a 4th Gen and a friend at school has a 6th Gen. Never been in either.

My grandad owned an '87 model, an LS 4.3L (he saved the 305 for his '87 El Camino). It was a fine car...until blue smoke poured out of the exhaust while my mom was driving it through College Park one day. IIRC, he owned a 3rd-gen, but I never saw it outside of pictures in old photo albums.

My aunt's ex-husband traded his '00 Corvette 'vert in on a red '01 SS--never rode in it, though.

Wow ... all these drivers ... and not so many participants in the trivia? ;)

he he

And, Camino ... glad to know I'm not alone ;).

"I'm about to put the hammer down" ... CW McCall ... 'Convoy'

I'd love to drive a 2nd gen.

Depending on if you stop here en route to OK in June ... you could always drive mine ;).

And ... btw ... surprised you haven't tried the trivia this time around....

"Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us" ... Mat Kearney ... 'Nothing Left To Lose'

I rode in a car seat in mom's baby blue '79 when I was very very young; other than that I have no Monte Carlo experience to speak of whatsoever. A guy I work with used to own a '70 and a '72, but that was back in the early 80's when they were just cheap used cars.

Ah ... I remember you mentioning that baby blue '79 to me before, XP :). I suspect I asked this, but do you have any pics of that one?

"I want a 2-tone Chevrolet" ... BJ Thomas ... '2-Car Garage'

Never driven any, cannot recall riding in any. My buddy (I don't see anymore, but recently started chatting with again) had a pristine Gen 1, but I've not seen it and I haven't asked if he still has it. He just told me he was buying a late Gen 4 as a 'beater'; haven't seen that one either.

Frankly, I'm not much enamoured with Chevy cars (like their trucks, tho), and the only MC I would be interested in inspecting/ driving is a Gen 1- the rest don't interest me.

Owned my Gen 6 from July 2001 to March 2005. Rode in a 1978 but it was near the end of its life when I did. I would like to drive a 1978-80 someday. Maybe even own one. Rode in a 1973 also but that was in even worse shape than the 1978.