Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

So my friend's sister...with the Civic..

15 posts in this topic

If you remember a month or so ago my friend's (younger) sister was car shopping. This is the one who's dad is anti-American when it comes to cars. When she got the car finally...within a week she started bashing American cars and that that Civic was the greatest.

Well tofday he told me she was on her way to work, and was near Boston...when the car wouldn't accelerate above 20 mph!

It's in some shop near wheerever it was left and will cost $400 or so to fix. My friend doesn't know what's wrong with it yet...but he laughed pretty hard (serves her right for being so bias).

Keep in mind that she paid 8 grand for this car...and at the time it was missing the wiper motors...

I paid 2,100 for my car...and it never left me stranded.

He told me his older sister was saying that it's "normal" because it's used. Funny, the Shadow is 18 years old and it's never had that problem...never left me stranded either...except that time the battery terminal wasn't properly fitted an I was on my first day of work...

Also I doubt a Cobalt would have done that.

(points and laughs)

If you remember a month or so ago my friend's (younger) sister was car shopping. This is the one who's dad is anti-American when it comes to cars. When she got the car finally...within a week she started bashing American cars and that that Civic was the greatest.

Well tofday he told me she was on her way to work, and was near Boston...when the car wouldn't accelerate above 20 mph!

I had a car that did that. It was 12 years old.

Sh*t happens to any vehicle.

But it should shut her up about saying Honda's are the greatest vehicles on earth.

LOL she bought a car missing wiper motors

LOL, I can't figure this out. Was the previous owner like, "Seriously, time to upgrade my vehicle. But I just CANNOT part with these wiper motors. They are fantabulous. I shall take them with me."

Honestly. :P

One would have to be nuts to buy a car like this for 8k.

Hell, for 8K converted to Canadian, you can get an older EL for that and it would have less problems and has everything. It's not really the point if that car is domestic or not anymore. It's whether that person who bought that car have a brain at all.

One question: Does this car really have wiper motors (plural)?

Pretty absurd if it does.

My bad, it was the washer fluid pump that was missing.

Used cars are unpredictable... And if she bought a car with something missing, I'd say it's her fault for buying something that would appear to have problems in the first place, not for buying a Civic, despite her hateful words. :P

I could a remark here that would probably piss off Siegen.

Oh, hell, why not. *Ahem* Isn't that normal for a Civic? :P

Sounds to me like one of two things (but I'm no expert):

1. The transmission done broketh. Honda makes good engines, but not good transmissions.

2. The car wasn't properly broken in. My dad worked as a mechanic some years ago, and a woman came in with a brand new car that wouldn't accelerate above 30 mph. He took it to the road, and sure enough it stopped accelerating at 30 mph. He floored it for awhile and finally the car broke past that mark and jumped to around 40 or 50. Apparently she drove 30 mph all the time from mile 0.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0