1986 Regal T-Type...mint

mustang84

I have always had a soft spot for these cars. I really like the Buick the best, then the Old or Chevy and last the Pontiac unless it is a GP Aero-Coupe. I always wanted to take one and drop a GN/GNX motor and turbo in one with a 5spd and see what see 'ould do. :scratchchin:

I need a cold shower. :wub:

Absoltuely beautiful. I would put the (IMO) better looking stock wheels back on, though. Looking at that car just reminds me how boring looking cars are now. My dad sold Buicks from 1970-1987 (and then again from 1994-2005) so I spent a whole lot of time in these cars growing up. I can't remember a time that the brand was in as dire straights as there in now. Hopefully things will start to turn around.

Sure has, today we can spend up to and over $1200 to replace a xenon headlight and igniter, so we can blind oncoming drivers. I'm not sure we can actually see further into the night, however.

This Regal is gorgeous, by the way.

Edited by ocnblu

Ah back in the day when Buick built really desirable cars.

Well, sure the Turbo Regals were desirable, but then GM killed them off by 1988? The other Buicks in 1986 were the FWD J, N, C and H bodies. Also, it was the first of the small Rivieras, remember?

Some who were kids back then, or not born yet, think that Buick made all RWD Regals. But none of the 1986 FWD cars will ever be 'collectable'.

• 1 month later...

Well, sure the Turbo Regals were desirable, but then GM killed them off by 1988? The other Buicks in 1986 were the FWD J, N, C and H bodies. Also, it was the first of the small Rivieras, remember?

Some who were kids back then, or not born yet, think that Buick made all RWD Regals. But none of the 1986 FWD cars will ever be 'collectable'.

They won't be 'collectable' but I bet Buick would give anything to have sales even close to what those cars were selling. I can't find any 1986 Buick sales numbers, but I know that the dealership my dad worked at was selling 3 or 4 times more cars in a given month in 1986 as they were in the late 90s and early 2000s. The franchise was sold to the Cadillac/Pontiac dealer down the street a couple of years ago.

Quad square sealed-beams make for great lighting in high-heam mode!

Don't knock it till you've driven a Cadillac with 'em.

AND

These days silver star sealed beams are like HIDs for thinking people.