More 2008 Cadillac CTS Pics

The back end is tired, IMO. I know it's classic Caddy but...uh.

The rest of the car looks nice, though. The wheels look a little small but the front end is where it's at (so is the interior).

hmmm....the tide of the comments seems to be stemming in the direction of my original opinion. bwahaha......no, this car will be a success no matter what has been said. it will find an audience with its retro modern semi agressive looks. but it strives way too hard to be contemporary and not break any ground. the front end is real nice, most everything else is like everything else.

it is still one of the better looking luxury sedans. However, in an age of CLS's and the upcoming Jaguar and BMW sedans, a car company known for a completely aggressive turn just took a completely conservative turn. I'm actually a big fan of the rear bubble look that harkens back to old Caddies; from side profile it's most evident, it's also in the 1st gen CTS, it's a good look and a break from the norm. I wish more of this car's design were like that.

It's a very nice CTS. Acceptable. An improvement on the last generation.

But I long for the day when Cadillacs will not be just acceptable, but

sensational.

I find the rear on this, like the current one to be too vertical and narrow in

proportion. I'd like to see Cadillacs return to the the horizontal look with

very slim upright tail lights.

GM can build an excellent looking world class car. Look at this thing. They have no excuses Lexus here we come. BMW is prolly $h!ing there pants about now...

They do not have to worry too much though because media will be on their side. The concluding remarks of CTS's road tests will be in the tone of, "Cadlillac builds a better CTS, but it is still a few inches away from the Bavarian or Japanese runners."

I'm hoping the CTS at least overtakes the G35.

the black does look nice. quite SWEET!

the current CTS is one of my favorite cars of all time BECAUSE it had a taller huskier look, the falling character line in front, and not the tired old horizontal look of the 70's with the skinny taillights. the 70's look is archaic and no one wants to see that. i loved the high trunk and wide taillights of the current model. the step back to thin lights in the rear is a very bad step backwards.

also, i like the CTS but I really would like it more if we started stripping some of this chrome crap off cars again. it's too much!

the wheels in this pic are damn plain. something with fewer spokes and more aggressive would be cool.

Is there any color the new CTS doesn't look good in?

Looking at the front, though, makes me want to kill the person who mandated front-mounted license plates in Maryland...

Is there any color the new CTS doesn't look good in?

Looking at the front, though, makes me want to kill the person who mandated front-mounted license plates in Maryland...

+1.

It is certainly a car which will loose its personality with the front license plates.

I'm excited. Damn, I wish they would hurry up and allow ordering. I was just approved to extend my current lease by 1 month (GMAC is such a pain in the #$@# on this one) and will be able to extend further if we can order in the next month. Here is hoping!

Edited by markhamdons

I'm excited. Damn, I wish they would hurry up and allow ordering. I was just approved to extend my current lease by 1 month (GMAC is such a pain in the #$@# on this one) and will be able to extend further if we can order in the next month. Here is hoping!

You may have to pay a stiff premium to get one of the early ones.

I tried to derail my CTS obsession by buying a 2004 Deville today. I'm calling it a stop-gap car until I can rationalize paying over $35k for a new car, or the 08's (or 09 wagons) are available used, assuming the car will depreciate as it has.