Erin Brockovich

I have to say, whenever someone asks me what my favorite movie is, I can never pick just one. But I always forget to tell them exactly how much I love Erin Brockovich. If you've never seen it, it's a true story, and it'll move you.

Anyone else feel this way about this movie?

I have to say, whenever someone asks me what my favorite movie is, I can never pick just one. But I always forget to tell them exactly how much I love Erin Brockovich. If you've never seen it, it's a true story, and it'll move you.

Anyone else feel this way about this movie?

I've never seen it and have no plans to.

Julia Roberts = Overrated. Both in looks and acting ability.

Yeah, not a Julia Roberts fan, but I love the movie.

I've never seen it and have no plans to.

Make plans to.

Haven't seen the movie...but Brokovich actually lives in or around my area, and I believe Thousand Oaks (my town) is one of the main settings for the actual situation at least...I know she lives here, and her lawyer is from here as well.

No chick flicks for me! :duh:

+1

It's NOT a chick flick. It's a legal drama...with some element of comedy. In fact, some dude I used to work with in Seattle said the same thing after I told him what I did over the weekend...I had to correct him.

Two comments:

1) I can't stand Julia Roberts...her looks are very pedestrian and she makes waaayyyy too much for those looks and "B" acting ability. I think that "Mystic Pizza" (saw it on a plane) or "Pretty Woman" are more her speed.

2) I love the part where she drops off her kids to that fat lady babysitter. I saw it in Italy the second time at an outside screening and it was dubbed. As she is walking up the stairs of an apartment complex in some God forsaken part of the SFV, I tell my cousins "now look, this lady who will open the door is standard issue 'white trash'." My cousin turns to me and says "Well, isn't Erin Brockovich 'white trash', too?" I guess Europeans learn quickly. :lol:

+1

It's NOT a chick flick. It's a legal drama...with some element of comedy. In fact, some dude I used to work with in Seattle said the same thing after I told him what I did over the weekend...I had to correct him.

Two comments:

1) I can't stand Julia Roberts...her looks are very pedestrian and she makes waaayyyy too much for those looks and "B" acting ability. I think that "Mystic Pizza" (saw it on a plane) or "Pretty Woman" are more her speed.

2) I love the part where she drops off her kids to that fat lady babysitter. I saw it in Italy the second time at an outside screening and it was dubbed. As she is walking up the stairs of an apartment complex in some God forsaken part of the SFV, I tell my cousins "now look, this lady who will open the door is standard issue 'white trash'." My cousin turns to me and says "Well, isn't Erin Brockovich 'white trash', too?" I guess Europeans learn quickly. :lol:

You do know I live in a trailer, don't you? :scratchchin:

I'm glad some are sticking up for Julia Roberts.. I can't stand her, at all. But in this movie she's just awesome. She does her part so well.

And the movie breaks me up each time when she looks at the lawyer with a stick up her ass and says, "How did you get this?!" and Erin (Julia) replies, "I performed 6xx blowjobs in 5 days. I am really tired."

It's a good watch. I watch it several times per year when it's on TNT. My recommendation to people reluctant to watch it because they dislike her or think it's a chick flick, give it a shot. You won't be disappointed.

And Bob, as for major movies in Italy, last time I was there, there were lines down blocks for people trying to see Gladiator. I kept passing them and saying in Italian, "Ooh, it's good! I saw it a few months ago!" They gave me the bewildered look and then said, "Ah, un americano!" :AH-HA_wink:

This is the second thread today you mentioned my ass in some fashion, are you obsessing again? :AH-HA_wink:

I think he's obsessing over Richard Gere's ass and projecting it onto yours. Gee, I still remember some terminology from Psych 101.

I think that rumor about Richard Gere had to have been generated by some seriously bored and petty individuals. Some people need to get a life.

Threads are morphing again...ocnblu needs to be slapped around. We went from Erin Brockovich to gerbils and asses. *shaking my head*

Bob, the steering wheel is still attached to this thread... instead of wrestling it away and putting it back on course, what did you do? Perpetuate my off-road excursion.

Well, I can always stereotype a little more and add excitement to the thread! I know how much you like that. :lol: Love you too, babe.

RE: Brockovich; the story is compelling and it has some memorable scenes/lines, but Roberts really doesn't add anything to it any number of others couldn't have. I don't find her a particular draw, tho it was fun watching her radically pushed-up-n-padded boobs.