Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
schuby87

Spotted New Challenger Today

87 posts in this topic

I work over in Auburn Hills near the Chrysler tech center, so it isn't very uncommon to see Chrysler vehicles around with camo on them.

Well today coming back to work from lunch, I saw a silver Challenger with some camo on it going the other way. I quickly pulled a u turn in the middle of Opdyke and chased it down! So I finally catch up with him, and we pull up first to the light together. I was taking some pics on my camera phone and the guys inside didn't look too happy about it, but when I threw them a rev their expressions changed. The two guys in it both smiled, and I was like YEAH IM GONNA RACE THE CHALLENGER!! The light turned green, and we both rolled into the throttle and I was getting ready to really gun it but the Challenger let off :hissyfit:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

post-3-1184109161_thumb.jpg post-3-1184109648_thumb.jpg post-3-1184109726_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flybrian

F**ING AWESOME!

They tease us so with the B-pillar area being covered! Those wheels are cool.

Edited by Dodgefan

You could be the first to race it!!! How cool is that. And the shots are great! Thanks!

I bet they saw what you were in and did not want to risk the loss before the car even gets it's first one sold to the public!

Sweet! They were intimidated :thumbsup:.

Hmm...frameless glass obviously, but its not a hardtop. Oh well.

It's official, I want a Dodge Challenger....those wheels :wub:

That is one sweet looking....door :P

Holy heck, that thing is off the coolness scale.... soooo sweet. Lucky you, thanks for sharing!

Chrysler has a hit coming. I think I have seen a few in and around the Bramalea plant but they were camo'd. With the Magnum and 300C they could be seen driving with no camo. Hopefully that will be the same with this because it looks stunning and I can't wait.

I bet they saw what you were in and did not want to risk the loss before the car even gets it's first one sold to the public!

Probably... The thing is going to weigh 4000+ lbs... It'll get it's ass whipped by just about everything. :P

Probably... The thing is going to weigh 4000+ lbs... It'll get it's ass whipped by just about everything. :P

Except a Milly.... :P

You mean like SRT Chargers do?

Wow, that's a pretty cool story.

The car looks HUGE. Those wheels look like 20+ and they don't exactly look big on it.

Nice car and looks very close to the concept.

While really cool now I just think the styling will hold up over time. It too soon will look like an old car.

While this is a nice car I am still glad GM is doing the Camaro as it is vs going more retro like the Challanger.

This car will be even harder to follow up than the PT Cruiser in styling.

Silver is a more flattering color on the Camaro than on the Challenger. I'm just unsure of how the front and rear will look in silver. I'll take one in the nice orange.

I'm already planning to sell some stocks I have to buy this thing :yes:

GM I love ya....but I'm ready to jump ship for this.

Fixed B-pillar makes it UBER LAME to me!

So I guess the Camaro is gonna be lame too when it has a B pillar...

Except a Milly.... :P

You mean like SRT Chargers do?

:pokeowned: :pokeowned:

Nice car and looks very close to the concept.

While really cool now I just think the styling will hold up over time. It too soon will look like an old car.

While this is a nice car I am still glad GM is doing the Camaro as it is vs going more retro like the Challanger.

This car will be even harder to follow up than the PT Cruiser in styling.

Well it's retro, and it's modeled after teh old one, which has more than help up the test of time...peopel love the old one's style...I'm sure the new one will have no problem.

Also, the PT has aged quite well.

Did you really pull an illegal U-ey?

Yes and no, I quickly pulled perpendicular into a side street & made sure the coast was clear before changing direction on the road and chasing it down.

Did you really pull an illegal U-ey?

:lol:

:pokeowned: :pokeowned:

Well it's retro, and it's modeled after teh old one, which has more than help up the test of time...peopel love the old one's style...I'm sure the new one will have no problem.

Also, the PT has aged quite well.

The PT has aged well? Hmmmm? :scratchchin:

I give the Challanger 5 years before the neat factor wears out. Then where do they go?

Edited by hyperv6

The PT has aged well? Hmmmm? :scratchchin:

I give the Challanger 5 years before the neat factor wears out. Then where do they go?

The same could be said about the Mustang and the Camaro when it comes out....you give it a refresh, and then either introduce a new design, or call it a day....just like any other car that's ever come down the pike.