Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Hummer haters strike again

WASHINGTON - On a narrow, leafy street in Northwest Washington, where Prius hybrid cars and Volvos are the norm, one man bought a flashy gray Hummer that was too massive to fit in his garage.

So he parked the seven-foot-tall behemoth on the street in front of his house and smiled politely when his eco-friendly neighbors looked on in disapproval at his "dream car."

Well, it's not hard to see which side the author is on...

said Liem, whose Prius gets about 48 miles a gallon compared with the Hummer's 14 miles a gallon.

More un-needed information that shows the true colors of the author.

"It's more liberal leaning. It's ridiculous to be driving a Hummer."
What's MORE ridiculous is that you can't buy what the hell you want and park it on your property in front of your house for fear of some supposedly 'tolerant' piece of $h! extreme liberal deeming it his life goal to FREE the EARTH of your kind and REGULATE everything you do.

I can't believe our capital is full of a bunch of pansies... Seems like every city is full of this liberall bull$h! nowadays. People like this are the reason our country sucks now.

Liem added quickly that she does not condone violence.

Of course not, only conservatives condone violence, right?

"I consider this a hate crime."
That's because it is.... These very same people who preach that "Love everyone" trash and "Tolerance" BS and "One Love/Celebrate Diversity/whatever the bumper sticker of the month is" are the very same people who thinks it's cool to CHASTISE people over what they drive, what they wear, how they talk, what area of the country they're from etc...

And it's especilly bad with THE AUTOMOBILE INDUSTRY. It is ESPECIALLY acceptible to criticize me for driving anything american.... If I'm in a Pontiac, all of the sudden I'm the DREADED "Redneck" (Because no one wants to be blue collar or from the south, GOD FORBID) Of course, REDNECK bashing is en vogue now and seems to be accepted by all. If I'm in a Hummer, I hate the environment. If I'm in a Cadillac then I'm a hip-hop wannabe. If I'm in a Buick, then I'm an old person....

The reason GM's division are susceptible to this SABATOGE is because they make an emotional connection with the buyer (Something Japan Inc FAILS to do) Yet, instead of celebrating that (Such as in the collector car hobby) these bastards twist it into something to use against people, something to discriminate with.

"I teased him because of the gas mileage," she said. "But he wanted a Hummer. He didn't have other gas guzzlers in mind."

1) If he has the money to afford the gas, then who cares.

2) Not all Hummers guzzle gas.

He said he wants to get it towed and repaired but fears extremists might not be done making an example of him.
Seriously, if you have $40,000 for a Hummer, can't you scrape up $5,000 for a garage?
"I'm worried about what I do now," he said. "If I get it fixed, do I put it back in the same spot three weeks from now?"

If you don't then the TERRORISTS win, because that's EXACTLY what these people are. They're using fear to dictate YOUR life. It's sad that our society accepts this activity as normal and healthy.

I'll tell you what I would do.... I'd repair it as fast as possible and then I'd set her out there as pretty as a peach right on the street. Then I would quietly hide beside the house with YOUR WEAPON OF CHOICE (A gun, a baseball bat, whatever) And when the Hummer haters came back for round two, THEY WOULD BE THE EXAMPLE and I'd make damn sure it'd be an example that people wouldn't want to follow.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

Man, FOG. Sometimes, your rants are just what I need.

+1

This is bull$h!... pure unadulterated bull$h!. I don't like the H2 much, but nobody deserves this at all. It's not as if I should go about smashing Prius' because their batteries contain loads of toxic crap, and pollutants.

Maybe I should though.

And herein lies the problem with the brainless eco-warriors - they do not think past their noses and are completely ignorant to the fact that what they have done is not only illegal but also HORRIBLE for the environment. For those of the world who may be as afflicted as the 3 am vandals, I will explain:

1. The police show up and take down a report. Cops in DC do not ride horses to take reports. Fuel used by big bad patrol cars of non-hybrid ilk that would normally have not been used in boucolic tree lined ultra liberal neighborhood is forever gone, and damage to environment is done.

2. A guy in a white explorer with PROGRESSIVE on the side or a truck carrying a Lizard and two Cavement will show up to inspect the truck and write a claim - more gas used and the environment damaged. Plus there is a chance the cavemen will eat the lizard - moving the talking gecko one step closer to extinction.

3. A glass company will now need to be summoned to replace the windows in the Hummer...most glass companies do not use a 48 MPG Prius (neither does anyone else, they barely get that) to haul glass around - so extra fuel and chemicals are being consumed to make the repairs - in case you libs were wondering - that is bad for the environment. Solvents and drying agents in the glues are bad - umkay?

4. Here is the clincher: The body damage that you inflicted on the truck will now need to be repaired in a paint shop which uses many solvents, degreasers, drying agents and other V.O.C. compounds on the truck, and it will be as good as new. However, the environment will be forever scarred by your actions and not those of some poor kid who bought his Hummer because the Prius you so wish him to have did not suit his needs or image.

5. Hummer boy gets revenge and has to pluck what is left of your little Prius out of his 38-inch tires when he finds out what you did to his truck without provocation. Your lead acid batteries explode in the wreck and leak into a nearby stream, destroying the ecosystem of said stream where one sickly little fish manages to survive only to be eaten by a bird of prey which dies, leading to it being eaten by a raccoon which dies, which is then eaten by a fox which dies, leading to the eventual poisoning death of your dog who nibbled on the fox's remains while you were on your hiking trip with the girl who smelled of Hemp and refused to shave due to the damage it inflicts on the culture of women - and who do you blame for all of this? GM - for building the Hummer in the first place in the name of corporate greed and a hatred of Mother Earth.

Edited by toesuf94

+2

+2

The people are more dangerous the the religious zealots that supposedly run this country. Not necissarily because of their beliefs but the fact that they are willing to destroy property, cause physical harm, and ultimately break the laws of the land just because you don't agree with them. If these people had their way, we'd have less freedoms then we have now and we probably wouldn't be living in houses because their "environmental footprints" would be too large. Hell, they'd probably support a federal mandate to limit families to one child per household because the more people we have, the more pollution there is. You think I'm joking about the last part, but that's the new argument being made by the extreme environmentalists. I'm serious. Look it up.

Now, I'm not a conservative nor a liberal. I care about the environment but I'm a realist. A hybrid car is not going to solve the earth's problems and taking Hummers off the road won't make the atmosphere any cleaner. These people are crazy and have to be stopped before the word ecological becomes synonymous with the word nutjob.

I should clarify that I'm not bashing liberals in general with that above rant. I bashing the extremists; extreme liberals and extreme conservatives are getting out of control IMO. So much so that the mindset is invading our candidates for office (radical fuel saving bills, radical gay marriage measures, etc, etc.---all RADICAL) This is what I meant the other day by "Can't someone just be normal and do what's right for the MAJORITY?"

On a related note; we're experiencing a massive building boom here in the mountains where I live (We've always been known as a small town atmosphere with PLENTY of nature and no man's land) The retirees are coing in and building higher and higher up the mountains rapidly. I do not agree with what is happening and I've endorsed a few LEGAL measures to help stop these people from ruining our environment. But then we have the idiot radicals as well, who just last week went up on the side of a mountain where a development was being built and slashed all of the hydraulic lines on the machines....

Now I ask you; what the hell was the point of trying to save the mountain side by slashing the hydraulic lines on the machines so that GALLONS of toxic fluid could run down the hill side and soak into the ground?!?!?! These people are freakin' idiots, man!

I was in Spokane a couple of years ago when some eco-nut firebombed the Hummers at the George Gee dealership in Liberty Lake... seriously. Making a statement can only go so far.

August 3, 2004; Spokane, Washington: A fire that heavily damaged one $55,000 Hummer and nearly burned two others at the George Gee Hummer dealership. One H2 Hummer had its windows broken and was spray painted with messages that oppose the Iraq war and President Bush. An e-mail sent to local media outlets claimed credit for the Eastern Washington Chapter of the Earth Liberation Front

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

• 2 weeks later...

see what makes no sence to me is they should also be destroying Corvettes, Mustang GT's, Vipers, Camaro Z28's, Trans am's, Cadillac CTS-V's, BMW M-series, Lincoln town cars, and Ford Crown Victoria's!!!!

DONT THOSE IDIOTS KNOW THESE CARS GET JUST AS BAD MPG AS A HUMMER??

f@#k those people. I'm a liberal, but I don't give a $h! about gas guzzlers or using up all the world's oil for two reasons:

1. We're moving away from oil very rapidly. 10 years from now, most new cars will not be gasoline-fueled.

2. Oil breeds conflict and corruption, the sooner its gone or we stop using it, the better the world will be.

What'll these assholes do when Hummers become powered by hydrogen fuel cells?

"They're using up the most plentiful resource in the universe!!!!"

Edited by AxelTheRed