Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

C&G Curse Drifts To Kentucky

Guest YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

At around 8:20 PM this evening, the Curse hunted down our Saturn Aura.

We were in our local Dairy Queen parking lot when a white Dodge Neon backed out and sucker punched our one month-old car in the left-front quarter, leaving a nasty dent in the bumper cover, leaving the hood off level, and creasing the left front quarter panel. The damage doesn't seem to inhibit the car's ability to drive and function properly, but then again, we've all heard a certain tale of another car famous to our forums having similar damage and declared to be totaled by the insurance company.

And all of this coming just two days after we also washed and detailed the car and just one day before I would have finally had a nice digital camera of my own to take some photos to post here at C&G.

Who hit us? A girl that just got her license recently. She has an excuse, I suppose. From my understanding, however, it was her brother, boyfriend, whoever, setting in the passenger seat suggesting it was okay to back up when we were no more than a few inches away from her back bumper. So I give him a grand round of applause for being the greatest dip&#036;h&#33; to ever be white and dress like f@#king Xhibit. <_<

I also thought they were going to drive off, too, after they hit us. They had started to move to the exit section of the parking lot, after all. I still don't know why the f@#k they didn't stay put after they did us the grandest favor of ruining our new car ... I mean, it hasn't even had it's first f@#king oil change yet. I had to jump out of the car to chase them down and only then did they pull off into a parking space. The dumbass in the passenger seat got out of the car and looked like he wanted to fight me. Guess that was enough incentive for his dumbass to tell his sister, girlfriend ... whoever to stop the car: a nice fight to get into. I know the cop was confused as hell when he got there as he thought that a blue Sunfire had hit us. Don't ask me how he got that conclusion with a damn white streak of paint on the front bumper, plain as day.

The camera I have right now is a piece of &#036;h&#33;, but I will try to get some photos up tomorrow if they turn out half way decent. I'll let you decide how bad it is. The dent in the bumper did pop back out when we drove the car into a parking spot after the cop had gotten all of his information for the police report, but you can still tell it's been hit. I'm just wondering if State Farm is going to pull an Aurora on us, though ... :censored:

Guest YellowJacket894

Oh, one bit of good news came with this, I suppose: I could have another car soon. A guy my dad works with has a son I suppose that has a 1970 Olds Cutlass for sale. The price? Five-hundred wig-wams. Before we got hit, we took a drive to take a peak at it, and it seems to not be in too bad of shape. It needs a door and, ironically I guess, a left front quarter panel.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Mr. Jacket, damn. What a pain in the tail this curse is. Sorry dude.

I can tell you though that from what you're describing, your Aura is nowhere near totalled. It's brand new, and has a retail value much higher than Mr. Fly's Aurora. Most of the time, it is a cost to repair v. retail value thing that totals a car.

Guest YellowJacket894

Mr. Jacket, damn. What a pain in the tail this curse is. Sorry dude.

Thanks, Ocn.

I can tell you though that from what you're describing, your Aura is nowhere near totalled. It's brand new, and has a retail value much higher than Mr. Fly's Aurora. Most of the time, it is a cost to repair v. retail value thing that totals a car.

That's a good thing to hear. I love the car and it pissed me off pretty bad that this kind of thing had to go down only about one month after we got it. It's also the first brand new car we've had in a while, so that also was just fuel for my aggravation.

I guess we have to get a rental Monday. Woo-hoo. :lol2:

I'm sorry to hear this. I personally think 16 is to young to get a drivers license.

Thanks, Custom.

I am so sorry. I really am. It seems too many people on this site have been in accidents. This was sad to read indeed. I am just glad you are okay.

Thanks, Ninety Eight. I guess that's the truly good thing about this: it wasn't a major accident and no one was seriously hurt.

Dude, that sucks so bad, I'm sorry to hear it! Damn Curse! :angry:

At least no one was hurt and the damage won't total your car, like what ocn was saying. The cost of repairs won't be nearly as much as the value of the car...it's also a plus that it was a low-speed accident.

I hate stupid drivers.

as i understand it

as a new driver, she should not have taken his word for it about having room to back up/ move. she must not have been aware of what was around "her" car, and it'd take a pretty unaware person to not know they hit something like that(not straight on or backing up under 1mph and "heavy braking") anyway...

sorry to hear about it happening, hopefully it will be fixed perfectly.

So I give him a grand round of applause for being the greatest dip&#036;h&#33; to ever be white and dress like f@#king Xhibit. <_<

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

There's your answer right there. Want to know why she hit your car? Because she was angry. She suddenly realized, as everybody else already had, that she had absolutely nothing going for her as she sat in her refrigerator white Dodge Neon with her wigger boyfriend. She lost it and took it out on your car. No worries, though; everything will turn out in your favor. Keep smiling, meng.

I had to have the front bumper replaced on my AURA only 2-3 months into our ownership. The wife was stuck behind an 18-wheeler on I-295 North the day after a snow/ice storm. A chunk of ice blew off the top of the trailer, and flew into the left corner of the front bumper smashing it. The bumper and two lower grille inserts (center & left side) were needed, plus removal, paint & installation for a whopping $850! So don't worry about the car being totalled, evn though your repair bill will be higher due to additional damage to the fender & hood. I had an HHR rental for 2 days while it was being repaired. Best of luck!

Wow... that sux. Sorry to hear that. If a neon hit the '71 Cadilllac I'm pretty

sure that the Dodge would become undrivable before the Cadillac would be

dented significantly. Since the car is rotted it would almost be worth it.

Best of lusk with your Aura, do you have rental insurance?

Guest YellowJacket894

Thanks everyone.

As it turns out, I guess our insurance doesn't cover a rental. I guess where we have the Dakota and the S10, as well as the Aura, I suppose we thought we would never need it, as we haven't been in any sort of accident during the past few years and would just use one of the other two cars as a backup if something should happen to one of them. So I guess I'm ultimately out of something to drive while the Aura is in the shop.

O' Cutlass, where art thou ... ? :scratchchin:

Is KY a no-fault state? The other people's insurance ought to cover your rental unless it's a no-fault state.

That's what I was thinking. In MA the other person's insurance company will pay for the rental that is equal to the size class of your car if they are faulted.

It actually hit Kentucky back in February. My Crapalier was the victim of a hit'n'run by a truck/suv (I know it was a truck/SUV by the height of the dent on the fender, above the tire, which is way to high for a car) one weekend. I just didn't think to post it.

Raven: Have you even owned your Sebring for two months? :huh:

Ahhh, I love the People's Republic of Massachusetts! :smilewide:

You mean the Communist Republic of Dukakis, right?

Posted Image

Yeah, it's wonderful. </sarcasm>

Edited by XP715

Guest YellowJacket894

It actually hit Kentucky back in February. My Crapalier was the victim of a hit'n'run by a truck/suv (I know it was a truck/SUV by the height of the dent on the fender, above the tire, which is way to high for a car) one weekend. I just didn't think to post it.

Guess it decided to make a return visit then 'cause I guess it is that damn friendly here. :P<_<

I think we're going to take the car to the insurance office tomorrow. In addition to that, I'm going to take a look at that Cutlass and a Buick Regal my dad found somewhere, as well. We've pretty much decided that we're not going to drive the Aura in town anymore. Mom will get my S10, I think, drive it back and forth to work, and I can get another car. Or it could work the other way around if I don't find anything I want. It has to be pretty cheap, though, probably less than six grand.