House For Sale!

ocnblu

I got home the other day after work and fed my neighbor's cat out back on the deck. My neighbor is sitting on his deck, indian style, getting a herr cut from his wife and he says... "hey did you check out our driveway?"

I'm like "no, what's up?"

"My wife got a new car. She traded the Escape on a Yaris. We're a Toyota family now" (he's the guy who bought the xB I posted about a while back).

Sure enough... a black Yaris 3 door is in their driveway.

He says to me, "we think you should get one." :o

So now I have to pack up and move. <_< :AH-HA_wink:

Toyota is like Microsoft or the Borg... resistance is futile..you will be assimilated.. :)

Time to trade the GMC on a Tundra so you can fit in your neighbourhood. :)

Edited by moltar

Wow, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit....

Toyota is like Microsoft or the Borg... resistance is futile..you will be assimilated.. :)

Watch it, you're on thin ice. Those are two of my favorite things. Over the years I made a lot of money off of Microsoft stock (NASDAQ:MSFT), and the Borg are just Badass models of efficiency. To bad they don't work for GM. :scratchchin: :AH-HA_wink:

Watch it, you're on thin ice. Those are two of my favorite things. Over the years I made a lot of money off of Microsoft stock (NASDAQ:MSFT), and the Borg are just Badass models of efficiency. To bad they don't work for GM. :scratchchin: :AH-HA_wink:

I'll admit though I despise MS technology and products, I've made a nice return on MS stock myself...better than my Sun or Apple stock. (I'm still a hardcore UNIX guy at heart, so I could never love Windows).

Baby's head? :P

I think it looks like a dustmite with downs syndrome!

That's the "beauty" of Gore's internet. No matter what galaxy The Borg(er) is in, he can attempt to assimilate us. That's why I've been wearing my tin foil hat for weeks whenever I see "anonymous user" on the list. Edited by ocnblu

That's the "beauty" of Gore's internet. No matter what galaxy The Borg is in, he can attempt to assimilate us. That's why I've been wearing my tin foil hat for weeks whenever I see "anonymous user" on the list.

Speaking of your 'neighbors with Toyotas' thread, I've ridden w/ 3 different coworkers in their Priuses several times this year, and they've asked me if I want to drive it, and told me that I really should get one.. I'm not going to let peer pressure make me go green... (though I did buy SUVs back when all my friends were buying them, but I still believe in the usefulness of SUVs).

I'm seriously thinking of getting one these as my next daily driver...kind of the anti-Prius..they are such a bargain for one that's a year or two old..

Posted Image

I wouldn't mind a Panther either, they're a lot of car for the money. I'd probably go for a Crown Vic P71 or LX Sport though...maybe even a Marauder.

Posted Image

I wouldn't mind a Panther either, they're a lot of car for the money. I'd probably go for a Crown Vic P71 or LX Sport though...maybe even a Marauder.

I like the Marauder alot..I wouldn't mind one of those either...

The Grand Marquis today looks so chintzy inside though. Tampo'd GRAND MARQUIS script on the wood trim? Geez. Get a Crown Vic LX or Town Car instead.

The Grand Marquis used to look pretty classy around 2002, then they started adding tacky wheels and then there was the '06 refresh that almost seemed like a step backward.

I think the '06 refresh spelled the beginning of the end for Mercury. The '06 Mountaineer got somewhat uglified compared to the classier one before it. I've seen them in person a few times and the clear taillights and weird Civic Hybrid-like wheels just look awkward on a full-size SUV.

Here's what I'm talkin about

http://images.automobilemag.com/auto_shows...r+side_view.jpg

Posted Image

Edited by mustang84

Mr. caddycruiser, my reply to his "we think you should get one" assimilation attempt wasn't snappy or funny, all I said was "uh... no." He did chuckle at that. This afternoon he was ringing my doorbell like non-stop wanting to borrow my drill, then my bits, then to bring them back, etc. etc. I swear he likes me or something. Yesterday with his wife and daughter away at her parents', he made a point to say "yeah, I'm home alone..." (pregnant pause). Yikes. :unsure: Edited by ocnblu

Mr. caddycruiser, my reply to his "we think you should get one" assimilation attempt wasn't snappy or funny, all I said was "uh... no." He did chuckle at that. This afternoon he was ringing my doorbell like non-stop wanting to borrow my drill, then my bits, then to bring them back, etc. etc. I swear he likes me or something. Yesterday with his wife and daughter away at her parents', he made a point to say "yeah, I'm home alone..." (pregnant pause). Yikes. :unsure:

Pause or not, he drives a Toyota. Don't get those germs. :yikes:

Posted Image

Go for the Marauder if you can find one. I see one in town and it's the only Ford I would ever consider.

Mr. caddycruiser, my reply to his "we think you should get one" assimilation attempt wasn't snappy or funny, all I said was "uh... no." He did chuckle at that. This afternoon he was ringing my doorbell like non-stop wanting to borrow my drill, then my bits, then to bring them back, etc. etc. I swear he likes me or something. Yesterday with his wife and daughter away at her parents', he made a point to say "yeah, I'm home alone..." (pregnant pause). Yikes. :unsure:

Oh God...hah!

Pause or not, he drives a Toyota. Don't get those germs. :yikes:

AITS

Acquired Immune Toyota Syndrome >> No going back after that. The next thing Ocn will do is sell his Sierra for a Turd.

Let me know when you do that Ocn, I will be in the market for a truck. <_<

Well, as the parental units were leaving last evening, neighbor was outside and yelled over "Dad got a new car, eh? Now it's your turn. Time for a new truck!" :rolleyes:

Tell him you don't want to step down to a less reliable vehicle with exploding camshafts and see what he says. :AH-HA_wink:

Haha, well, I don't blame her, personally. I wish she would have bought something.. better, but her Sunfire kept dying on her. It would randomly not start. They took it to a mechanic many times, but could never diagnose it. Thus, she bought the RAV4. It's really not that surprising. Just sad. :P