CONCEPT: Toyota 1/X

CONCEPT: Toyota 1/X
Posted Image

The 1/X (pronounced "one-Xth") is a concept vehicle that redefines from its very roots the idea of what it means to be environmentally considerate. Among its attributes, the vehicle-with a design that aims to harmoniously coexist with people and society - weighs only "1/Xth" that of other vehicles in its class.

Maintains an interior space on par with that of the Prius, with an aimed-for fuel efficiency that is double and a weight reduced to 420 kilograms (about one third the weight of the Prius).

Combines fossil fuel consumption-reducing FFV* technology and a plug-in hybrid powertrain with a displacement of only 500cc that allows charging from an external power source and a longer electric-motor cruising distance; thus, in addition to being adapted for energy diversity, emits less CO2 and contributes to the prevention of air pollution.

Locates the power unit beneath the rear seat (for a midship, rear-wheel-drive system) to contribute to an innovative and highly efficient package.

Adopts light but highly rigid carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) throughout the body frame to ensure superior collision safety, while allowing narrower pillars for a better field of vision.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

cant... resist... math joke...

the toyota 1/x... the limit as x approaches ugly is equal to suck

what is the purpose of the rear fenders being empty shells outside the car? couldnt they have included that empty space in between fender wall and real wall into the interior and made the rear seats a few inches more spacious? i know this is a concept but thats a pretty unnecessary waste of space if you ask me... doesnt even look that good...

on a more humorous note... thank you vonveezel for also making a math joke and making me feel less lame haha

Guest YellowJacket894
God... looks like a 90s concept.

That statement made me realize that, for some reason, the drivetrain layout is exactly just like the old Previa (engine placed mid-ship under the floor with the rear-wheels being the drive wheels). Come to think of it, stretch some sheetmetal over the doors, and that's what that thing bears a passing resemblance to: a frigging mini-Previa with an '87 Mercury Sable lightbar on the front.

Overall, very barftastic, if I do say so myself. A monkey with a jarful of number two pencils can design a better concept car.

Edited by YellowJacket894

What crash safety rating will it get. (minus) *****?
That was my first thought. Moving forward? Maybe if it comes with a wheelchair for after you get hit in the side.

cant... resist... math joke...

the toyota 1/x... the limit as x approaches ugly is equal to suck

haha Yep! Basically, 1/x = x^(-1). So, does that mean Toyota's exponentially moving backward?!

I keep wanting to finish pitching the tent, it looks like just the framework is up so far.
If you pitch a tent over that, you've got some type of erectile dysfunction. Poor, poor man. Here's a picture to save your soul:

16-2009-chevrolet-camaro-production.jpg