Here is the SD-290 Solstice SEMA Concept

Posted Image

GM released only this single image of the unique Pontiac Solstice SD-290 Concept. The Solstice features a cover over the passenger compartment that evokes vintage single-seat racers of yore and even includes a new windscreen and separate review mirror mounted in the middle. It's likely powered by something that's green since this is the theme of many of the cars.

This picture was released by GM? I figured it was just some random picture used with the article I saw online. *shrug* Guess it looked different enough to not look like a solstice. Might be a good thing...

It is a GM tease picture and we will see more next week as the SEMA show starts then.

Tis could either be a pure show car or a indicator of the direction they be moving in for the future. That is with two passengers.

This picture was released by GM? I figured it was just some random picture used with the article I saw online. *shrug* Guess it looked different enough to not look like a solstice. Might be a good thing...

Could be a hint of what the NG Solstice might look like...

But single seater roadster, me likey.

Is the link of the picture supposed to take us to a bigger version of the image? Currently it takes you to the imageshack sign up page.

I like what I see :pbjtime: Would like to see a bigger image. :D

Is the link of the picture supposed to take us to a bigger version of the image? Currently it takes you to the imageshack sign up page.

I like what I see :pbjtime: Would like to see a bigger image. :D

That was as big as the photo was.

GM will be release more pictures I would guess Saturday or Sunday night. This was only a teaser by GM for what is to come.

I sure don't like it. I agree with the above post- WHY???

Is it a throwback to the days of the Pontiac Jaguar D type? LOL I wouldn't even want an "SD" badge on it. It's like the Dodge "Daytona" truck with a wing.

:AH-HA_wink:

Instead of reducing a small convertible's interior to ONE SEAT, I would rather see something of interest that is useful...?

*shrugs*

I sure don't like it. I agree with the above post- WHY???

Is it a throwback to the days of the Pontiac Jaguar D type? LOL I wouldn't even want an "SD" badge on it. It's like the Dodge "Daytona" truck with a wing.

:AH-HA_wink:

Instead of reducing a small convertible's interior to ONE SEAT, I would rather see something of interest that is useful...?

*shrugs*

The Why is this is SEMA and not Detroit. These are mostly custom wow cars with not imply they are for prodution, In the past there were some cue's of what we may see in a future car but not much more than that.

These are just cars to get attention and nothing more. This car more than not spot light some kind of Eviro drivetrain since that is the theme of many Gm cars this year.

Kind of reminds me of a modern day Pontiac Monte Carlo. Yes the Pontiac Monte based on the Tempest that had a cut windshield and passenger seat cover. It had some kind of a SD slant 4 with a Micley Thompson supercharger on it if I recall as a show car. It was converted for street use and was sold just a few years ago.

I think there is a little more heritage here than most can recall. There is a little Club De Mer too in it.

> '61 Tempest Monte Carlo had a shortened wheelbase and a 2-place compartment- open on both sides. Solstice SD-290 seems a clear throwback to XP-737, the Corvair Sebring Spyder:

Posted Image

> "SD" indeed invokes 'Super Duty" WRT Pontiacs- I would also not care to see that moniker associated with a 'green' engine.

Beyond that, the concept is frickin' sweet (even if completely unproducable).

I'm surprised so many ppl here are quizzical about the SD-290. It seems natural something like this would hit the show circuit, since there have been so many precedents. Based on the rendering, it looks plenty cool to me... a good measure of Pontiac romanticism that I love so much.