Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Can you say Holden Sportwagon?

The Ute as a Pontiac? I have no clue what to call it... there is no precedent for it in production and I am kinda :huh: at the latest version of the plan. All that hullabaloo about making Pontiac strictly a car company, with GMC in the same showroom, and now this news...

The Ute as a Pontiac? I have no clue what to call it... there is no precedent for it in production and I am kinda :huh: at the latest version of the plan. All that hullabaloo about making Pontiac strictly a car company, with GMC in the same showroom, and now this news...

I think more people would complain if it were a GMC than a Pontiac. It's based purely on a car platform. Some people said the Acadia wasn't trucky enough, yet it's obviously based on a beefier platform than Zeta.

Regardless, I think it should be a Chevy, but I guess Pontiac probably makes the most sense if not Chevy.

Posted Image

:hot::yes::bowdown::drool::idhitit::thumbsup:

Okay, I really want these wagons to be available in calendar year 2009. That picture above is just b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! I really,really, realy hope GM gains some sensibility and brings this version of the G8 over soon. While I like the G8 sedan, the sportwagon (aka station wagon) is what I'd spend my money on in a heartbeat. Pontiac would definitely have this one time loyal owner back again.

:hot::yes::bowdown::drool::idhitit::thumbsup:

Okay, I really want these wagons to be available in calendar year 2009. That picture above is just b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l! I really,really, realy hope GM gains some sensibility and brings this version of the G8 over soon. While I like the G8 sedan, the sportwagon (aka station wagon) is what I'd spend my money on in a heartbeat. Pontiac would definitely have this one time loyal owner back again.

I think it likely will be here in late 08 or early 09. It starts production as a Holden in February.

I think the wagon is very nice looking, but some angles, especially the back, look to bubbly and round to translate into the sporty looking nature the sedan has. It may fill the niche the Magnum is leaving behind, but I don't think it looks the part, at least not in Holden guise. As for the Ute news, the 'family idea' makes sense, but we'll see if America likes the idea of a Pontiac trucklet.

Yeah, it would be inspired by heritage, and the mysterious rebel that vandalized the cabinets in his office! :lol::P

Mysterious rebel am I? OK I'm going to draw a line in the sand. If Mr. Lutz calls anyone of these two new vehicles the Pontiac Custom-S, I will buy one and sing the praises of Holden all the rest of my days! :P

There is an article about this in the December Motor Trend. Compared with the outgoing Magnum it would be about four inches shorter and two inches lower, but with almost 25% more load space.

I like both GM and Mopar, with a slight lead by Mopar, but I couldn't quite get comfy with the Magnum. If the G8 wagon comes and is priced well I am all over it with no apologies to Dodge...