'07 Camry Spy Pics

Polish_Kris

What about the gauges in the G6...? They're LED...

[post="33421"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, its just the red tint that makes it look red.

[post="33439"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

See, thats' why I didn't mention Pontiac because I wasn't sure if they were LED or not. I didn't think they were.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get it.  Why are they making the new Toyota cars look like new Lexus cars?  Don't they want the brands to look different from eachother?

[post="43023"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I was thinking the same damn thing. Though it's bland, in only the way Toyota can make anything bland, it brings to mind Lexus. Why not have real differentiation between the brands? That's crazy to me. That said, it's a clear little brother to the Avalon, and an older brother to the Corolla. I like the headlamps here much more than on the to-droopy Avalon/Corolla's. As for the rear, just what I thought it'd be, right down to the RL/new S/7/Avalon trunk treatment.

I just don't get it.  Why are they making the new Toyota cars look like new Lexus cars?  Don't they want the brands to look different from eachother?

[post="43023"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, I believe that they're upping the Toyota cars to look like Lexus because Lexus will be getting it's own "sleeker" design scheme. I forgot what they called it. Edited by Paolino

Well in the Toyota-Lexus styling connection, think Chevy and Cadillac, particularly the 1955-57/58 generations. I think I like the current model better styling-wise.

You can definately see the relationship now between the Camry and Avalon. They share enough design language to get the point across. I'm not a huge fan of the grille but the overall exterior design is nice and a hell of a lot better than the current gen. I hope the interior is nice and it drives a lot better than the current gen. It looks like it won't be as tall and perky, a good thing.

Well in the Toyota-Lexus styling connection, think Chevy and Cadillac, particularly the 1955-57/58 generations. I think I like the current model better styling-wise.

[post="43050"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well everyone has their likes and dislikes. Just like you may think any GM product is the best in the world.

Guest gmrebirth

What's really crazy is the way people are getting so damn giddy over on that toyotanation.com thread. 

Insane!  It's a friccin' Camry--the most boring car known to mankind, and they think it's some kind of gift from the gods.

[post="43061"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Do you then not see the irony in this, and how it mirrors C & G, or any other enthusiast site for that matter?

im glad the 07 Camry looks like that!! I work for Honda.. i assemble Accord's.. I think the Accord and the G6 is a far better car than the Camry.. the 07 Saturn Aura and the 08 Malibu will beat our butt and Toyota's.. I dont think there is a new Accord until 2009 or so ive been told.. I work for Honda and i still ordered a Pontiac G6, my dad is retired from gm and i got a better deal on the G6, than what i would have got on an accord..

Guest gmrebirth

No I see the irony, but the Camry is the epitome of boring which makes their excitement that much more overdone.

[post="43401"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, that's your opinion.

Personally, there are more "boring" cars than the Camry.

Guest gmrebirth

im glad the 07 Camry looks like that!!  I work for Honda..  i assemble Accord's..
I think the Accord and the G6 is a far better car than the Camry..  the 07 Saturn Aura and the 08 Malibu will beat our butt and Toyota's..  I dont think there is a new Accord until 2009 or so ive been told..  I work for Honda and i still ordered a Pontiac G6, my dad is retired from gm and i got a better deal on the G6, than what i would have got on an accord..

[post="43402"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You mean the refreshed Accord that looks like an Impala rip off from the rear :rolleyes:

I'll admit ... I respect Honda products ... and I actually liked the Accord before the 06 refresh. Sure, it may have been ugly to some people, but at least it looked unique. Now, it looks even more plain and boring, and easily gets lost in the sea of sedans on the road.

No I see the irony, but the Camry is the epitome of boring which makes their excitement that much more overdone.

[post="43401"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

True, but it's still a little funny, lol. I mean, they're going crazier than I've ever seen on here. "OMFG I want one!!"... for a Camry? Not to take anything away from it; I find it attractively bland in a way only Toyota could do. That said, it's still the best looking Camry to date, IMHO.

yeah the accord kinda looks like an impala from the rear. i never really seen that till now.. we almost had to change the rear though since Hyundai ripped off the rear of the 05 accord for its sonata.. a new accord is probably atleast 2 years from now.. i heard the accord is being replaced for the 09 model year, and that its currently being designed..

Well everyone has their likes and dislikes.  Just like you may think any GM product is the best in the world.

[post="43368"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

True (except for the GM product being the best in the world-very few can accomplish that feat right now), but that's not what I was saying. I was saying that maybe the reason the Camry and other Toyota's are supposed to lok like Lexus' is because they are the less upscale division, so in a similar 1950's-80's relationship in which many Chevrolet's were made to resemble Cadillac's. I don't know why, but in the 2006 Accord sedan rear end, I see a bit of the Pontiac Grand Prix, blander and less stylish of course.

Don't fool yourselves.. The redesigned Toyota Camry is going to be a big improvement over the current model inside and out. It's going to sell even more than the current Camry. Maybe Camry owners don't care about their car being exciting. Whatever - the fact remains it's going to be a hot seller. Unfortunately, while GM is on the brink of bankruptcy, companies like Toyota and Honda (nice work on the new Accord) are going to capitalize.. I think GM sat on it's hands for far too long. Too little, too late.. I certainly hope they can turn things around one day... Edited by Sal Collaziano

GM bankruptcy rumors have been around for months, if not years now. No doubt Toyota will improve the Camry because it is completely outclassed by the Fusion (exterior) and Accord (interior). We all know Toyota doesn't rest on their laurels.

You're right. And I agree with the Fusion - looks a little like the STS in a way. The bankruptcy rumors are becoming more well-known and investors are getting scared - worse than ever before. That's the big issue. It's becoming too popular of a belief...

Oh, dude...
Posted Image

[post="47421"][/post]

Didn't come up Fly.

As for the other pictures... uh oh. That's all I have to say. C'mon, if this Camry is going to be priced at the current Camry's level... well, who needs a LaCrosse, Malibu, G6, Altima, etc... this is quite a car. I mean, I REALLY love that interior!

Didn't come up Fly.

As for the other pictures... uh oh.  That's all I have to say.  C'mon, if this Camry is going to be priced at the current Camry's level... well, who needs a LaCrosse, Malibu, G6, Altima, etc... this is quite a car.  I mean, I REALLY love that interior!

[post="47425"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I posted a rear shot of an Azera.

Anyway, that's a JDM variant and we all know how much nicer those are than anything we typically get. A US-spec version that nice would easily step on and kill the Avalon. I'll wait to see some rubber-molded wheel-covered versions myself.

I posted a rear shot of an Azera.

Anyway, that's a JDM variant and we all know how much nicer those are than anything we typically get. A US-spec version that nice would easily step on and kill the Avalon. I'll wait to see some rubber-molded wheel-covered versions myself.

[post="47427"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Actually, that is how the Camry will look like here as well

Look:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthre...t=81131&page=34

scroll down....

The wood shape on the doors by the handles reminds me of the new Lexus GS design. I tell you, the exterior is okay, but that interior, man, that is like lightyears ahead of the current one.

The wood shape on the doors by the handles reminds me of the new Lexus GS design.

I tell you, the exterior is okay, but that interior, man, that is like lightyears ahead of the current one.

[post="47598"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I thought the exact same thing. This car's interior takes alot or cues from the GS. The interior's really nice.

I don't like any of the exterior, but the interior is first rate, although I think without the NAV that there will be tons of empty space (there already is a lot of empty space under the HVAC units).

On the interior at least, the Aura is already beat.

[post="48799"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's horrible that the new Camry interior will beat out all of GMs sedans that compete with it in some fashion... the Impala, Malibu, G6, LaCrosse, and upcoming Aura.

God this is going to be harsh (and I can bet I'll get yelled at for this), but I feel this interior is nicer than even the current CTS!!! I'm just talking about style-wise that is.

God this is going to be harsh (and I can bet I'll get yelled at for this), but I feel this interior is nicer than even the current CTS!!!  I'm just talking about style-wise that is.

[post="48998"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No, you're right. That design is much better than the current CTS interior. I sure hope the '08 Malibu looks as good inside as is supposed to on the outside. Otherwise GM has no reason to compete.

God this is going to be harsh (and I can bet I'll get yelled at for this), but I feel this interior is nicer than even the current CTS!!!  I'm just talking about style-wise that is.

[post="48998"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

This Camry interior kills the CTS. I never liked it, personally. As far as the others in it's class, the Camry may have the Malibu and G6's interiors beat, but not Aura's.

Ehh, aside from the weirdness that's too JDM for my liking, it doesn't seem all that original or attractive, still a step behind the Europeans, IMO. The seats look a bit sloppy, the center stack is Panasonic-generic, and the center console is too similar to the XLR's. The best thing about it is the tissue box in the glovebox.

Ehh, aside from the weirdness that's too JDM for my liking, it doesn't seem all that original or attractive, still a step behind the Europeans, IMO. The seats look a bit sloppy, the center stack is Panasonic-generic, and the center console is too similar to the XLR's. The best thing about it is the tissue box in the glovebox.

[post="49004"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

What he said.

I don't know why you guys are comparing this to the CTS so much. I don't see where such a comparison exists. Even comparing an ES to the CTS isn't really fair - yes, they're both entry/mid-lux cars, but the intentions are different. One is softer, more traditionally luxurious, the other more sporting and high-tech.

Now, if you want to say the materials used in the CTS should be of a higher, caliber, okay, but you still cannot leigitimately draw comparisons between it and a Camry.

And as Empowah said, very generic JDM sedan.

And a question: when the hell is Toyota going to match the radio/HVAC backlighting with the instrument panel? Optitron guages are lovely, but not with that pea-green radio unit in every Toyota product.

What he said.

I don't know why you guys are comparing this to the CTS so much. I don't see where such a comparison exists. Even comparing an ES to the CTS isn't really fair - yes, they're both entry/mid-lux cars, but the intentions are different. One is softer, more traditionally luxurious, the other more sporting and high-tech.

Now, if you want to say the materials used in the CTS should be of a higher, caliber, okay, but you still cannot leigitimately draw comparisons between it and a Camry.

And as Empowah said, very generic JDM sedan.

And a question: when the hell is Toyota going to match the radio/HVAC backlighting with the instrument panel? Optitron guages are lovely, but not with that pea-green radio unit in every Toyota product.

[post="49006"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

OMG - Fly, you're f'in BRILLIANT for saying that--FOR YEARS I've been saying that about the gauges and the fugly green-lit buttons in the car.

I am also talking about the quality of materials--the Camry's materials seem to be more upscale than the more-expensive entry-lux CTS. That to me is sad. Also, the layout of the CTS, although supposed to be sporty, is awkward and blocky in some areas--the Camry's, for it's purposes, flows beautifully imo. So, I'm comparing how well they were executed for their intentions. Not exactly a direct 1 on 1 comparo like I did with the Malibu/Impala/G6/LaCrosse vs. Camry (that's why I put it as a separate paragraph).

Uh oh, Fly, we may have spoken prematurely... if you look at the display where the temps are shown, it is not backlit green, but more of a whitish color. Maybe the buttons will be illuminated to match? They are not lit in these pictures.