Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Polish_Kris

'07 Camry Spy Pics

107 posts in this topic

From the grainy pictures that revealed the whole look of this car, I thought Toyota might have made a breakthrough in thier design. Now, after seeing it in clearer pictures, I recognize this is still yet again the most boring sedan on the road. Congratulations Toyota, you have nothing on the 2008 Malibu's design.

I'm not saying anything until I see some better pictures.

The grille looks almost Mazda-ish...

[post="30243"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Exactly what I thought.

The grille is Mazda-ish which is sad. I'll wait until I see some real pictures and the interior. Turbie, I'm disappointed. Surprised, too. Do you know something I don't about the Malibu?

Those grainy shots made it look halfway decent, but the camoed version is extremely dull. I thought Toyota was supposed to be going through a design revolution? If this is their revolution, GM and Ford have nothing to worry about in the style department as this new Camry looks like a frumpier, mini-me Avalon. And people criticize Buick for making old-man cars...this is about as geriatric as you can get without being in a home.

The critics have spoken!:

THE NEW CAMRY!

"...grille looks almost Mazda-ish" -proclaims moltar

"...still yet again the most boring sedan on the road" -says turbo200

"GM and Ford have nothing to worry about...this new Camry looks like a frumpier, mini-me Avalon" -writes mustang84

lol :)

That "grainy" shot still has some camo on it, and you it's hard to make out the car's details because it's white. Just wait for the official premiere before you judge it. and what's with people judging covered up camo vehicles? The camoed Camry is dull? Well no kidding, because it's completely covered in camo! I guess the 2007 Sierra must be extremely dull if you look at camoed spy shots of it and judge it based on that :rolleyes:

It'll probably still win about 5 comparison tests and then they'll say that its Mazda styling done right and how GM should be worried. It's boring, like everything else Toyota makes.

and what's with people judging covered up camo vehicles?

The camoed Camry is dull? Well no kidding, because it's completely covered in camo!

[post="30562"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

My opinion is based upon the shape and the uncovered front end as well as the video captured shots showing the uncovered vehicle. The shape is nothing spectacular...I prefer the leaner Camrys from earlier generations. The wheels are small and disproportionate. With the more aggressive Fusion and upcoming Aura and Malibu, I was expecting Toyota to come up with a new Camry that was a little more daring. But it looks like they chose to tread the same old waters again.

I think the only reason that the Camry looked good in those grainy video shots was because they had a high gloss silver paint on it and took the images from angles that hid the frumpy rear end. Now that I've seen pics of it in real world conditions, I'm thoroughly unimpressed by the shape.

As long as GM and Ford keep improving their car lines at the rate they're going, they should catch up to Toyota in no time. This is a very safe redesign mostly because they don't want to mess too much with sales. I can understand that. Though, I still think it's a very bland looking automobile.

As long as GM and Ford keep improving their car lines at the rate they're going, they should catch up to Toyota in no time.  This is a very safe redesign mostly because they don't want to mess too much with sales.  I can understand that.  Though, I still think it's a very bland looking automobile.

[post="30631"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, I don't think that many of us on this site will ever buy one. They need to install tasers in the seat to keep us awake. It is just so boring to drive and look at. B)

Based on the "boring" comments I sure hope the next-gen Malibu looks like a Camaro.

Based on the "boring" comments I sure hope the next-gen Malibu looks like a Camaro.

[post="30650"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It's funny......most of the people that continue to rack the Camry for being "boring" are usually the biggest Malibu fans.....

:huh:

Malibu's got the gold medal for boring, appliance-like transportation.

Camry may not be a Corvette, and it's not MY choice in the midsize segment, but I don't find these Camry attributes "boring" when compared to the Malibu:

* Attractive, if conservative, exterior design with tight panel gaps
* An interior with superior material quality and fit-and-finish
* Supportive and comfortable bucket seats
* L4 and V6 engines that exhibit world-class NVH and refinement
* Smooth and soft suspension that doesn't shake and wiggle over bad roads.

It's funny......most of the people that continue to rack the Camry for being "boring" are usually the biggest Malibu fans.....

:huh:

Malibu's got the gold medal for boring, appliance-like transportation.

Camry may not be a Corvette, and it's not MY choice in the midsize segment, but I don't find these Camry attributes "boring" when compared to the Malibu:

*  Attractive, if conservative, exterior design with tight panel gaps
*  An interior with superior material quality and fit-and-finish
*  Supportive and comfortable bucket seats
*  L4 and V6 engines that exhibit world-class NVH and refinement
*  Smooth and soft suspension that doesn't shake and wiggle over bad roads.

[post="30662"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

He's right,

Most of you have a shallow perspective towards the Camry, let alone, any Toyota car, there is a saying, never judge a book by it's cover!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0