Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oracle of Delphi

Hmmmm, Lutz mum on the G8 Sport truck

44 posts in this topic

Regardless if it's coming or not officially, I hope Lutz's silence means it does come, just for Camino's sake.

He's probably mum because it's set to drop at one of the auto shows.

I still don't think Zeta is completely down and out... Show me the OFFICIAL cancellations and then I'll believe you.

Given the recent rash of purely stupid decisions...

I'm not going to lie, this seems lik it is going to be an amazing car that no one will buy. I just don't see it having enough of a sales base...

I'm not going to lie, this seems lik it is going to be an amazing car that no one will buy. I just don't see it having enough of a sales base...

Considering that they can't import more than about 10k due to capacity, they will have no problem selling every one.

Considering that they can't import more than about 10k due to capacity, they will have no problem selling every one.

Some internal studies are starting to say otherwise. :scratchchin:

The wide range of people expressing a desire for the ST should be a clue for the beancounters to take a look outside for a change.

You can mark my GXP manual version "sold" today.

i see no reason pontiac cannot sell 10k each of the wagon and sport truck

beancounters suck.

Edited by regfootball

The ST is a no brainer here...

The wagon was questionable. Sure, small inexpensive wagons sell but larger wagons, especially sporty ones, seem to fall off the map.

If the internal studies are showing otherwise, it's because someone is effing with the results. But, that's okay because when GM fails in the market, our sweet revenge will be seeing all of those white collar assholes in the unemployment lines.

If the internal studies are showing otherwise, it's because someone is effing with the results. But, that's okay because when GM fails in the market, our sweet revenge will be seeing all of those white collar assholes in the unemployment lines.

We'll know the outcome of the G8 sales soon enough. It'll be on sale soon, and the sedan will sell or flop regardless of the ute/wagon combo sitting beside it on Pontiac showrooms. If Pontiac doesn't sell every G8, then Pontiac is probably as good as dead.

Not to be cruel, but Pontiac being phased out won't cause GM to fail in any market place. Seriously. The phase-out would have even less impact in the US than Oldsmobile since all dealerships are being merged into GMC & Buick. Canada sold a total of 403,712 GM vehicles through a combined 743 GM dealerships in 2007. That market isn't large enough to sustain the importance of any one brand in North America.

Chevrolet will be strong with the Corvette & Camaro performance cars along with hybrid sedans, CUVs, & SUVs (don't forget the upcoming Volt). Saturn will have all of Opel's portfolio. Cadillac will have the recently released CTS sedan/Coupe/V-Series, BRX, Hybrid Escalade, and what ever else comes after that. Buick will have the Chinese vehicles to sell cross markets.

Somehow, I don't think Ven would be so philosophical about this if PCS were droning on and on about Buick being killed.

Somehow, I don't think Ven would be so philosophical about this if PCS were droning on and on about Buick being killed.

Buick and GMC are on his "eventual target" list as well.

He wants us all to die of boredom with only the choice between Chevy and Cadillac.

No thanks, I'll take the zero.

The ST is a no brainer here...

The wagon was questionable. Sure, small inexpensive wagons sell but larger wagons, especially sporty ones, seem to fall off the map.

I think the wagon has more potential than people are giving them credit for. It amazes me that GM says wagons don't sell, yet Subaru sold 59,262 Outbacks in 2006. Source

Appears the product planners and bean counters didn't look very hard...

See Camino's post... :(

The strongest point Buick has is China. It is GM's strongest and largest brand. The second point Buick has is its need to sustain the GMC franchises in the US after Pontiac is gone. If the Chinese Buicks don't sell well in the US, I can see Buick becoming a Chinese-only brand... and that means GMC disappearing also.

Buick isn't safe... it's up against the same things Pontiac, Holden, Daewoo, GMC, etc are up against.

What we're currently witnessing is the start. Pontiac is first (and pretty much definite if G8 fails.)

The best post to sum up all of this was the one that essentially stated that this was a great plan - if a market share of 12% is the goal.

Without all of the brands, GM's reason to be sort of disappears.

The best post to sum up all of this was the one that essentially stated that this was a great plan - if a market share of 12% is the goal.

Without all of the brands, GM's reason to be sort of disappears.

In your opinion alone, or to the market as a whole?

Well, it's not officially on GM's chopping block, just PCS's and few others that tend to agree with his sentiments. Same for Pontiac.

As I have said before, GM's in a state of extreme internal imbalance (the company is torn because of CAFE and disagreements between employees) so nothing is set in stone. But a lot of programs are in limbo right now, the GMX551 Impala especially.

Edited by YellowJacket894

In your opinion alone, or to the market as a whole?

If it is only Chevy and Caddy, is it still GM?

If it is only Chevy and Caddy, is it still GM?

It is if they are run by General Motors Corp.

Where does GM's market share stand today v. before the announcement came down that Olds was being murdered? They have not recovered Oldsmobile's market share, nor will they recover Pontiac's if the division is assassinated. GM can stabilize worldwide marketshare by pumping out Third World junk around the globe, but I don't give a damn about the Third World, I live in the richest nation on earth, and I happen to think all Pontiac needs is some attention in the form of product to survive and prosper.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0