I hope he's selling the Flattop B-59!

Oh wait, how am I supposed to contact this idiot? :blink:

WRT the B-59, no doubt that's my buddy 'Joe Buick', who lives in Wantaugh. I visited him about 5 years ago- I think that B&W house is his- he did have a fuselage Chrysler... tho I recall it being tan (who can remember in the face of a collection of 11 B-59s!). If the Chrysler is his, you can bank on it being exactly what he says it is- he's no BSer.

Sixty- no way in hell would Joe sell one of his B-59 'children'- don't bother to ask.

I know that this car was designed 30+ years ago...but MY GAWD what were they thinking when they did the interior - EVERY SURFACE of the interior - in that green color. And this was EVERY manufacturer in the 1970's. They brought us such colors as baby puke brown, Brorange, robin's egg blue, bordeaux red, shrek green, lemon yellow, and the lovely not quite tan brown. It was no wonder that most of the cars seemed to have black interiors.

All in all, pretty sweet boat. That neighborhood is the land of the lost. Seriously, is there anything built after 1984 in the photos? ( O.k. I saw 2 cars there that are newer...)

I, too, love the Fuselage Mopars and they are some of the few cars outside of the realm of GM I would have and hold onto. I came | | that close to buying a '71 Imperial in Connecticut the summer before last until I discovered that its owner was the biggest retard in recorded history and there was no way of getting him to get down to where the car was actually worth, even after I witnessed him destroy several pieces of the car in person. I'm still looking, though; even Mister Cadillac fancies a nice Imperial or two!

Very cool, kaycee. Those old Chryslers were so over-engineered, it was crazy.

Hey vonVee, one of my uncles had a Chrysler sedan (not an Imperial) with the same kind of steering wheel. I have a clear childhood memory of it, I was standing on the driveshaft hump leaning over the front seat, marveling at the crazy steering wheel, the rearview mirror on the dash, and all the chrome as he drove.

Dangum....some very nice cars in this thread....

Would love to see 'em all in person...he he.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Happiness ain't never how you think it should be so" ... Duncan Sheik ... 'She Runs Away'

The '69 300 (first year of the fuselage styling) is MY FAVORITE CAR OF ALL TIME. (there, I said it.) I've actually endured Escape From the Planet of the Apes more than once only because the movie features a '71 New Yorker. There was nothing more destinctive than those big Chrysler's starters when they started up. Even off camera, you could tell it was a Chrysler starting. My father had a '66 300 (wrote that off) and then bought a '69 4 door hardtop. I never liked the 2 door styling because the rear roof line was wierd.

I am also happy that while the Mopar muscle car prices have gone insane lately, their big tanks' prices have remained reasonable - as long as they can stay out of the derby circuit, that is. Some day I might be able to buy one of these fuselage babies (although I would probably have to be single to do so.) <_<

The '69 300 (first year of the fuselage styling) is MY FAVORITE CAR OF ALL TIME. (there, I said it.) I've actually endured Escape From the Planet of the Apes more than once only because the movie features a '71 New Yorker. There was nothing more destinctive than those big Chrysler's starters when they started up. Even off camera, you could tell it was a Chrysler starting. My father had a '66 300 (wrote that off) and then bought a '69 4 door hardtop. I never liked the 2 door styling because the rear roof line was wierd.

I am also happy that while the Mopar muscle car prices have gone insane lately, their big tanks' prices have remained reasonable - as long as they can stay out of the derby circuit, that is. Some day I might be able to buy one of these fuselage babies (although I would probably have to be single to do so.) <_<

There was another sci-fi movie from the early '70s that featured C-bodies...Plymouths, I think..I haven't seen the movie in 25 yrs or so, but it was called 'The Stranger' with Glenn Corbett as an astronaut that lands on a parallel Earth...I remember seeing it as a kid and there were several early '70s C-bodies in it, IIRC.

Dangum....some very nice cars in this thread....

Would love to see 'em all in person...he he.

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Happiness ain't never how you think it should be so" ... Duncan Sheik ... 'She Runs Away'

If you happen to be in the area on the day of this year's Linvilla show, I'm sure that black Dodge will be there.

If you happen to be in the area on the day of this year's Linvilla show, I'm sure that black Dodge will be there.

*raises eyebrow*

Ohhh...that'd be sweet.

When is the Linvilla show? (Or, did I miss a post somewhere along the way?)

CDshowcase=www.WRMN1410.com*SATURDAY.january26*2p-5p.and.8p-11p.CENTRAL

"My heart is like an open highway" ... BonJovi ... 'It's My Life'

There was another sci-fi movie from the early '70s that featured C-bodies...Plymouths, I think..I haven't seen the movie in 25 yrs or so, but it was called 'The Stranger' with Glenn Corbett as an astronaut that lands on a parallel Earth...I remember seeing it as a kid and there were several early '70s C-bodies in it, IIRC.

How about the cool '66 Chrysler 300 convertible in the movie The Happening? The Supremes made a smash hit out of the title song. Anthony Quinn starred. Horrible movie (well, actually, as a period piece it was kind of fun), but the car steals the show, IMO.

*raises eyebrow*

Ohhh...that'd be sweet.

When is the Linvilla show? (Or, did I miss a post somewhere along the way?)

"My heart is like an open highway" ... BonJovi ... 'It's My Life'

I think it is in April or May.

I'll post ahead of time.

I'll be taking the '38 Dodge to the show, and maybe the wagon if I finish in time.

I think it is in April or May.

I'll post ahead of time.

Cool ... I'll be watching for it. Not sure I'll be able to get out east that early this year, but ya never know, I suppose. I know I'll be in PA in August, complete with a trip through NJ and MD/VA.

I'll be taking the '38 Dodge to the show, and maybe the wagon if I finish in time.

Awesome! What all do you have left to complete on the wagon?

"There's so much I need to say to you" ... Phil Collins ... 'Take A Look At Me Now / Against All Odds'

Cool ... I'll be watching for it. Not sure I'll be able to get out east that early this year, but ya never know, I suppose. I know I'll be in PA in August, complete with a trip through NJ and MD/VA.

Awesome! What all do you have left to complete on the wagon?

"There's so much I need to say to you" ... Phil Collins ... 'Take A Look At Me Now / Against All Odds'

I still have lots to do, but I'l be posting pics when I make progress.