the beginning of tomorrow

ocnblu

And THAT'S another reason why 2008 sucks. :P

If only I had a time machine.

And THAT'S another reason why 2008 sucks. :P

If only I had a time machine.

Unfortunately, I was only 1 year old then.. there are a lot of things I like about the late '60s early '70s---the cars, the music (Led Zeppelin, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, etc..). But I'm content to live in the here and now and look forward to the future..

Look forward to what?

The USA de-evolving into a 3rd world country?

Our civil liberties and economic lstrength slowly but SURELY slipping away?

New cars that suck in 28 to 453 different ways as compared to the 1960s?

Cheap products made in China?

The dollar getting weaker and weaker and WEAKER?

Gas/oil prices skyrocketing?

Edited by Sixty8panther

Look forward to what?

The USA de-evolving into a 3rd world country?

Our civil liberties and economic lstrength slowly but SURELY slipping away?

New cars that suck in 28 to 453 different ways as compared to the 1960s?

Cheap products made in China?

The dollar getting weaker and weaker and WEAKER?

Gas/oil prices skyrocketing?

Well, if you can't find something to look forward to what can you do? World Wide Suicide? Things have to get better...I'm know I'm a cynical guy, but I have to live in the here and now and not drown in nostalgia or sentimentality for the past. The past is gone, I can't go back. I have to keep looking forward... and cars today are great overall..very reliable, lots of features, etc. I'm not one of those 'bitter people clinging to guns and religion' (as Obama so accurately put it)...I'm looking forward to tomorrow and continued personal and career growth..I'm too young to retire.

Edited by moltar

I have a very hard time staying an optimist when I'm getting up at 2:45am, working my two/three

jobs and still being broke at the end of the week and yet not having the $300 I'd like to spend on

a set of radials for the B-59 or even the $100 I'd like for a carb. rebuild for the Banana Boat.

The standard of living is decreasing rapidly in the country. Wages are NOT going up anywhere near

as much as gas/food/utilities. In our state of Massachusetts jobs are being lost by the hundreds to

3rd world COMMUNIST! countries that will soon (thanks to above) be superpowers. I have a 4-year

degree in graphic design & I can't even find a decent job with benefits nevermind a job that would

be able to support my family. Something HAS to give.

Worldwide suicide? NO.

But I think this country will (in the next few decades) go through a "transitional" period.

Either something changes OR we'll get a new government, tree of liberty...

Ted, cool, thanks for posting the print ads. I absolutely love the '70-'73 Firebird, and that blue one in the ad would be exactly the way I'd want one. Formula hood, sport mirrors, Rallye II rims (with or without trim rings), and no spoiler to "spoil" the low, tapered deck. I'd take one with either the 350 or 400, with a 4 speed. Awesome.

Ted, cool, thanks for posting the print ads. I absolutely love the '70-'73 Firebird, and that blue one in the ad would be exactly the way I'd want one. Formula hood, sport mirrors, Rallye II rims (with or without trim rings), and no spoiler to "spoil" the low, tapered deck. I'd take one with either the 350 or 400, with a 4 speed. Awesome.

Yes, beautiful cars...probably one of my favorite expressions of the Pontiac grille treatment... I love the Formula hood and the tail shape. Pontiac really had it goin' on' in the early '70s, from the beautifully sculptured Grand Prix and muscular GTO, to the Firebird and the big cars....

As F-bods go, the 70-73 cars will always be my favorites. The only choice would be between a Formula and an RS/SS.

>>"Think about how the present prevailed over the past."<<

Superceded, yes. Prevailed? Hm-mmm....

>>"I have to live in the here and now and not drown in nostalgia or sentimentality for the past. The past is gone, I can't go back. I have to keep looking forward..."<<

How about some of the things we can go back to: common sense, decency, individual responsibility, self-sufficiency, sense of community, respect, - no legitimate reason these things cannot make a comeback, and they should. LOTs of lessons in the past- we cannot learn anything from the future.

Sexy... I want... until now i finally understand why they had 2 tone grills in some of the GTO's i think in 04? was it.

But 68 i think this video will help you understand what Moltar was saying. I encourage everyone to watch it i love it to death!!!

>>"Think about how the present prevailed over the past."<<

Superceded, yes. Prevailed? Hm-mmm....

In 1981, I do not think anyone would have thought that there would someday again be a stock Corvette capable of breaking the 400 horsepower barrier again, let alone one capable of 620-plus. That, in a nutshell, was my point.

Edited by YellowJacket894

>>"In 1981, I do not think anyone would have thought that there would someday again be a stock Corvette capable of breaking the 400 horsepower barrier again, let alone one capable of 620-plus. That, in a nutshell, was my point. "<<

Well, sure; if you're gonna cherry-pick like that... :wink: