Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2009 GM Car & Truck Guide

http://www.gmfleet.com/

A few, somewhat, interesting things shown:

• 2008 mileage is still shown.
  • The Aveo 5 mileage is up from the 26city/34hwy they said at it's debut to 27city/35hwy.
  • The picture of the Malibu they show doesn't have the front side marker light.
  • Bluetooth on the G8 will be a late availabillity item.
  • The XLR's new face can be seen on page 52.
  • The best photoshop EVER of new wheels on the Tahoe Special Services model can be seen on page 126.

The Saturn Aura is shown in both hybrid and regular models with no bodyside moldings. That sucks! Hopefully they are at least available as an option. Also is doesn't say that the Lucernes 3900 engine is AFM which would mean that it's getting the low output 227 HP version as installed in the G6 which is rated at a stunning 15/22 MPG, yikes! The should have just left the 3800 in there.

Edited by ponchoman49

The Saturn Aura is shown in both hybrid and regular models with no bodyside moldings. That sucks! Hopefully they are at least available as an option. Also is doesn't say that the Lucernes 3900 engine is AFM which would mean that it's getting the low output 227 HP version as installed in the G6 which is rated at a stunning 15/22 MPG, yikes! The should have just left the 3800 in there.

the g6 does not have the AFM motor. the impala 's 233 hp is.

'09 CTS......

In the fuel economy section, it mentions the mileage for all the variants...including the 6-speed manual and non-DI 3.6L.......but NO mention of the 6-speed manual now with DI engines.....

I HOPE they did not cancel the 6-speed manual option on the top-level DI 3.6L engine offering!!!!!!!

:scratchchin:

If they did, then.....unfortunately.....the CTS won't be on my shopping list when my '07 CTS lease is up in 2 years.......(maybe they'll keep it an option in the Coupe.....then I might stay in the family....)

'09 CTS......

In the fuel economy section, it mentions the mileage for all the variants...including the 6-speed manual and non-DI 3.6L.......but NO mention of the 6-speed manual now with DI engines.....

I HOPE they did not cancel the 6-speed manual option on the top-level DI 3.6L engine offering!!!!!!!

:scratchchin:

If they did, then.....unfortunately.....the CTS won't be on my shopping list when my '07 CTS lease is up in 2 years.......(maybe they'll keep it an option in the Coupe.....then I might stay in the family....)

Mid year add on, maybe?

A couple of questions/ideas that seem appropriate for this post.

Are they going to offer the diesel version of the CTS that I read about for Europe over here in the States?

What do you guys think the possibility of a rear drive Zeta based Buick with the new 4.5L Diesel that's going in the trucks? (assuming they're still considering a RWD Buick for the States like the China Park Avenue). Or is that too outside the box for GM?

A couple of questions/ideas that seem appropriate for this post.

Are they going to offer the diesel version of the CTS that I read about for Europe over here in the States?

What do you guys think the possibility of a rear drive Zeta based Buick with the new 4.5L Diesel that's going in the trucks? (assuming they're still considering a RWD Buick for the States like the China Park Avenue). Or is that too outside the box for GM?

I could see the 4.5L Diesel as an option for the Zeta Buick... that would be a great idea. However, they'd still have to offer a regular V8. I can't imagine many customers would go for the diesel. I still think people equate modern diesels with those of years ago--dirty and possible pain in the ass.

Interesting that they list the Z06 as an option on the Corvette as opposed to a seperate model (ZR1 is a seperate model) Rumors are swirling that the Z06 is history pretty soon anyway. I hope that isn't the case as I would take a Z06 over the ZR1 any day of the week.

Or, is GM preparing us for something with the C7, like maybe a split line up.

Same thing with Vibe GT...

18s on Impala SS... NICE!

G8 is considered midsize? It seems really big to be classified that.

So it and G6 could be competing for a future? Or Alpha could be expanded to replace Zeta?

The Aura looks like sh*t without the door molding.

I thought the N* was always standard on the Lucerne Super.

YAY! The 9-5 gets better window switches! (Yawn... You european boys sure know how to make things exciting!)

*Looks like this guide is about as schizo as GM is in general.