Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cubical-aka-Moltar

New 'entry level' Rolls Royce

16 posts in this topic

Autoweek has an article this week on the new 'baby' Rolls Royce sedan that may be coming...what I found interesting is that the illustration looks a bit like the Cadillac Sixteen concept.

www.autoweek.com

Edited by moltar

Wow... it really does look like the Sixteen.

Wonder if the base price will start at $120,000.00 :scratchchin:

Wow... it really does look like the Sixteen.

Wonder if the base price will start at $120,000.00 :scratchchin:

More like $250-350k according to the article.

More like $250-350k according to the article.

Ah, skimmed it and didn't see the price. That's insane.

ARAGARAGARARGRRARRRRRR!!!!!

WTF?! Rolls Royce will end up building a V8 powered Sixteen

clone and GM is still sitting with their thumb up their @$$ &

continues to insist there's no market. :angry:

Surprise Surprise... Cadillac had Rolls-Royce closer in sight than many expected...

That's a cute little car, and yes, I immediately thought of the Sixteen when I saw that roofline.

>>"Rolls Royce will end up building a V8 powered Sixteen clone and GM is still sitting with their thumb up their @$$ & continues to insist there's no market."<<

There's no market for RR, either; isn't it still firmly in the red?? Nothing quite instills brand confidence as a cut-rate jr car when the flagship has been sinking since Day 1.

And it's a sketch- nothing more. One rag on the newstand had a pic of both boated behemoths- must've been CGI if BMW is only at the sketch phase. I seriously doubt they will echo the Sixteen that blatantly...

Agreed.

Look at the 1965 MT cover with the upcoming '66 Chevy Panther sketch...

>>"Rolls Royce will end up building a V8 powered Sixteen clone and GM is still sitting with their thumb up their @$$ & continues to insist there's no market."<<

There's no market for RR, either; isn't it still firmly in the red?? Nothing quite instills brand confidence as a cut-rate jr car when the flagship has been sinking since Day 1.

And it's a sketch- nothing more. One rag on the newstand had a pic of both boated behemoths- must've been CGI if BMW is only at the sketch phase. I seriously doubt they will echo the Sixteen that blatantly...

Actually, I think RR has recovered nicely from original missteps...they're selling 1K/yr., IIRC.

The 16 influence in the sketch is glaring...The actual car has already been photo'd as a running prototype.

GM should sue...

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...=1065&CRED=

Edited by enzl

It's a sketch which Rolls-Royce themselves released. Now, that could mean very little. On the other hand, it could hail something significant.

If this is indeed what Rolls Royce intends to build, I am sure that they will quickly find their way onto GM Legal's watchlist. The roofline, DLO, and the entire rear-end of the car indeed looks Sixteen-inspired.

Anybody remember what happened to the short-lived, revived Studebaker's XUV once GM realized what it looked like a few years back? :smilewide:

Agreed.

Look at the 1965 MT cover with the upcoming '66 Chevy Panther sketch...

pics?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room