New 'entry level' Rolls Royce

Autoweek has an article this week on the new 'baby' Rolls Royce sedan that may be coming...what I found interesting is that the illustration looks a bit like the Cadillac Sixteen concept.

www.autoweek.com

Edited by moltar

ARAGARAGARARGRRARRRRRR!!!!!

WTF?! Rolls Royce will end up building a V8 powered Sixteen

clone and GM is still sitting with their thumb up their @$$ &

continues to insist there's no market. :angry:

>>"Rolls Royce will end up building a V8 powered Sixteen clone and GM is still sitting with their thumb up their @$$ & continues to insist there's no market."<<

There's no market for RR, either; isn't it still firmly in the red?? Nothing quite instills brand confidence as a cut-rate jr car when the flagship has been sinking since Day 1.

And it's a sketch- nothing more. One rag on the newstand had a pic of both boated behemoths- must've been CGI if BMW is only at the sketch phase. I seriously doubt they will echo the Sixteen that blatantly...

Agreed.

Look at the 1965 MT cover with the upcoming '66 Chevy Panther sketch...

>>"Rolls Royce will end up building a V8 powered Sixteen clone and GM is still sitting with their thumb up their @$$ & continues to insist there's no market."<<

There's no market for RR, either; isn't it still firmly in the red?? Nothing quite instills brand confidence as a cut-rate jr car when the flagship has been sinking since Day 1.

And it's a sketch- nothing more. One rag on the newstand had a pic of both boated behemoths- must've been CGI if BMW is only at the sketch phase. I seriously doubt they will echo the Sixteen that blatantly...

Actually, I think RR has recovered nicely from original missteps...they're selling 1K/yr., IIRC.

The 16 influence in the sketch is glaring...The actual car has already been photo'd as a running prototype.

GM should sue...

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...=1065&CRED=

Edited by enzl

Guest aatbloke

It's a sketch which Rolls-Royce themselves released. Now, that could mean very little. On the other hand, it could hail something significant.

If this is indeed what Rolls Royce intends to build, I am sure that they will quickly find their way onto GM Legal's watchlist. The roofline, DLO, and the entire rear-end of the car indeed looks Sixteen-inspired.

Anybody remember what happened to the short-lived, revived Studebaker's XUV once GM realized what it looked like a few years back? :smilewide: