1996 Riviera

Wonderful machines. I owned a Bright White Diamond metallic '96 for almost three years and loved every minute of it. It was a great car right up until the end. I've often considered looking for another. Best of luck with yours; she's a beauty!

First off I believe welcome to C&G is in order, so welcome!

Second, as a fellow Riv owner it's nice to see another last gen Riv on the site, she looks very clean, how about some interior shots. Best of luck with it :thumbsup:

BTW my Riv is featured in my sig, as well as a thread about it in this section, but I'm too lazy to search for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Welcome to C&G.

So when are you going to do the RWD conversion

and sawzall the B-pillar & rear 1/4 windows off?

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome to C&G.

So when are you going to do the RWD conversion

and sawzall the B-pillar & rear 1/4 windows off?

Haha well i dont believe i have the funds for such a project at them moment being in college and all....but it would make for a sweet ride :yes:

Heres some more pics i took back in August that i forgot to post

012bs6.jpg

006pg6.jpg

019fo5.jpg

045ws4.jpg

079lu6.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ah back in the good old days when Buick actually had a nice distinctive full car line. I miss those Rivs, Roadmasters, Park Aves, LeSabres and Centurys. You could order interiors with color. The 3800 was being upgraded and revamped on a regular basis and was able to trounce most other competitors OHC V6's with gobs of torque and honest to goodness station wagons were still in existance at the General. Here we are 13 years later with 2 cars and one big SUV at poor old Buick. Both cars still use the same old 4T65 tranny, one still has a 3800 with 5 less HP than the 90's 3800's and the other is using a Chevy derived 3900. It's amazing what 13 years of neglect and mismanagement can do to a once proud car company.

• 2 weeks later...
p1010073fi4.jpg

p1010080mz1.jpg

The first two are very brochure like. Very nice. I love larger GM coupes...the best motoring experience out there. IIRC, I like how the dash leaned away from the driver. I saw a 1992 Riv yesterday.

Is that in the Atlanta area? It looks like it.

Yeah it slopes away its pretty cool, and Im located in Rochester Hills MI, a little ways away from Detroit.

Hilarious. I've been to Farmington Hills MI, where a chick from grad school lived. With all the brick, I thought it was the Southeast.

At any rate, take good care of that car. Light metallic blue is my favorite color.

Sigh, I miss this car. I would love to see a new supercharged or DI Riviera for Buick.

Paul, when the market comes back and Buick can ascertain that a coupe would be well-received, I also think a drop-dead beautiful Riviera coupe should be offered. Until then, we can only dream...