Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

PATIENCE REQUIRED

Is infanticide legal in your state? :unsure:

Well God bless ya. I think I'd just sell the kid to the circus and have the interior replaced with the money if I were you, so you're obviously a better man than I am!

I have a tip for you: paint thinner. Try it somewhere on the door first (lower door panel?) and make sure it's not taking too much of the paint or whatever it is stained with off, but it should take the marker off, that's what we used at work for all sorts of marks and scuffs pretty much anywhere on the interior of the car. Black was the hardest to do it right on because it was so easy to notice, but I think with tan you should be OK. Even if you do take a bit too much paint/stain off at some times, it is a lease, right?

I hope it was washable and not a Sharpie...? :blink:

thanks for asking. It was a standard issue red felt tip, left in the car from being in transit to a meeting. the kind you use commonly for 'redlining' I know you know what I am talking about.

Windex took care of most of the damage this morning and I do have to admit the drawings in particular on the windows were pretty cute. Still, the car's a lease. GRRRRRR

I have a tip for you: paint thinner. Try it somewhere on the door first (lower door panel?) and make sure it's not taking too much of the paint or whatever it is stained with off, but it should take the marker off, that's what we used at work for all sorts of marks and scuffs pretty much anywhere on the interior of the car. Black was the hardest to do it right on because it was so easy to notice, but I think with tan you should be OK. Even if you do take a bit too much paint/stain off at some times, it is a lease, right?

thanks for the TIP. no pun intended. I think i will try that. the fords doors plastic is soft touch but fragile at the same time. i.e. i think marker can absorb into the surface of the plastic. if it were a sharpie or permanent wide marker, i'd be toast. She got more of the vinyl on the seats than the leather parts so i am somewhat fortunate there.

Here is my luck with that car

-gouged the rear bumper plastic with the snow blower

-left one meter scratches in white on the side of the car with the trash can that the buffer at the body shop even couldn't get out

-front fender replaced this january after xmas accident

-new windshield in feb due to stress crack

-recent hail damage

-big massive ass door ding on the passenger rear even more recently.

i worship those that restore cars for sale and make them look so new. Mine may be toast by the time my lease is up in Oct at this rate.

Edited by regfootball

Patience? More like a need for a week long vacation first! I imagine it isn't as bad as I, well, imagine; however, the words describe it bad enough. I read you've cleaned up the majority of it, which is good to read.

I get to wondering about leasing and how much pressure there is. I know I'll have to lease my next vehicle for the company, but I just don't know if I can manage to keep the younger ones from destroying part/all of it. I take good care of my vehicles, so I would either have to 'let go', or become world's worst daddy?

thanks for asking. It was a standard issue red felt tip, left in the car from being in transit to a meeting. the kind you use commonly for 'redlining' I know you know what I am talking about.

Yep, all too well.

Speaking of which, the building my office is in got flooded out (we were fortunate to be on the 2nd floor, but 10% of the drawings we had to leave behind in the basement are gone), so we are now in a temporary warehouse in the 'burbs until they can decontaminate the area. Card tables and folding chairs for the next couple months.

I've lived through some floods up in the grand forks area before so i know how much it sucks for you right now. but its definitely a story to tell for you for years.

re: cars.....next car probably should have black interior and i would like leatherette. you almost want plastic doors too. Maybe I should pay off the aztek and drive that not worry about how trashed it will get. Get the wife a DSG jetta wolfsburg to have ruined in the urban environment, and me to drive the piss out of on the weekends.

thanks for the TIP. no pun intended. I think i will try that. the fords doors plastic is soft touch but fragile at the same time. i.e. i think marker can absorb into the surface of the plastic. if it were a sharpie or permanent wide marker, i'd be toast. She got more of the vinyl on the seats than the leather parts so i am somewhat fortunate there.

I forgot to tell you how to apply the paint thinner, which is probably important. Get a rag (preferably old), and dampen a small bit of it with paint thinner. Take the part you put the paint thinner on and put a finger or two behind that area, then rub lightly on the spots. Rubbing too hard will result in more of the paint/stain coming off.

geez i remember when i was younger we went on a family vacation in my dads 86 monte carlo, it was the classic burgundy on burgundy color scheme. we went into mcdonalds to eat and my sister left her crayons on the back window tray. didnt take long for cheap crayons and july temps to disagree. i cant remember how dad got all that out of the back window.