Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HarleyEarl

The 2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ

33 posts in this topic

The Malibu LTZ looks way beyond Chevrolet's position in the marketplace.

Looks so good on the street....it grabs my attention constantly. I'm talking

the top level LTZ only, with those nice spidery wheels, heck this car almost

has an Audi cache about it.

I see more and more new Malibus around town so obviously the public

is getting it. If I was in the market for this sort of car, this is the car of

choice for me. So impressed. A job well done, GM and Chevrolet.

I like especially it's profile...that lower greenhouse makes it so elegant

as it glides by.

tanbc0.jpg

Edited by HarleyEarl

Agreed, and even having one in the driveway everyday since January...that aura (no pun intended) just doesn't die off. Still get comments and stares, and I stare at it myself. The feeling continues with a drive, where thankfully it backs those looks up with the feel behind the wheel, for sure.

Yep, that is how GM cars used to be, you had to look back after getting out and still admire it long after the initial purchase.

It's so good to see that coming back.

too bad the too narrow epsilon platform kept this car from getting the width it so is crying out for visually and funtionally inside the cabin. the car would be so much more drop dead gorgeous if it had had 2 more inches of width. they should have antied up for better materials inside the cabin also.

Edited by regfootball

Yes, you are right, visually it would look better wider, especially the Aura and G6, they look so vertical.

I'm finally starting to see more Malibus out here in Los Angeles. I saw 2 today on my way home from work today. Don't know if they were the LTZs.

The other Malibu models are nice as well, but that LTZ sure looks special.

Any non-LS Malibu is worth a second look trust me. I have a thing for 2LT's.

I really don't like that rear end though. I wish it had squared out quad tail lamps. Everything else looks pretty good for a midsize car.

I was just looking at the Chevy site for the new Malibu, geez sometimes GM's photos of their cars are badly done. Does not do the car justice at all.

I love the wheels that come with the 4 cyl. LT2.

yes, they are great, and the wheels are a huge part of Malibu's upscale feel and appeal. it's amazing that we've been hitting them at this site for so many years on these points and they finally got around to addressing the critiques....now the car is universally praised. sat in one the other day just for a freshening, the dash material really is upscale and expensive in feel, helps the rest of the car, enhances the quality feel all around.

I really like the Malibu after seeing one. I think it's the best thing GM has done in awhile, I wonder why the Fusion sells just about equally? Older design etc...

I really like the Malibu after seeing one. I think it's the best thing GM has done in awhile, I wonder why the Fusion sells just about equally? Older design etc...

1) Can't get Malibus (see strike)

2) Can't get 6 cylinder Malibus (see GM blaming 18" wheel shortages on LT2)

3) Ford is giving away the Fusion. There is no deep discounting on the Malibu at this time. (See #1, #2)

What I think is super silly around here is the ads Ford is pulling out with huge discounts on the F-150. Why are they bothering? Nobody in Ontario has any Silverados or Sierras, so effectively Ford owns the market, yet they are still blowing their brains out on discounting. Foolish, very foolish.

1) Can't get Malibus (see strike)

2) Can't get 6 cylinder Malibus (see GM blaming 18" wheel shortages on LT2)

3) Ford is giving away the Fusion. There is no deep discounting on the Malibu at this time. (See #1, #2)

What I think is super silly around here is the ads Ford is pulling out with huge discounts on the F-150. Why are they bothering? Nobody in Ontario has any Silverados or Sierras, so effectively Ford owns the market, yet they are still blowing their brains out on discounting. Foolish, very foolish.

I could find no evidence of Ford giving away the Fusion. In May they sold 18,088 cars. How many Malibu's ? I'm sure the strike hurt some but it sounds like poor planning on GM aka camaro Mindset. Ford also sold 35,000 plus Focus cars. I'll have to ck on Cobalt sales. I think the new Malibu will do very well if GM can get it's head out of it's ^%$#$@

I've had a V6 LTZ since January. There are more of them now, but people still look and comment on the car when I fill gas and go places. We really like this car. At 6500 miles, mileage is starting to get better. The 26mpg highway rating seems low. I get around 23mpg 40%highway 60%city.

I've only seen one in black and wow, what impact that color has on this car....looks like it cost double what it is.

I could live with an LT....

though I don't want leather in an LTZ...that keeps me away from one...

I love the wheels that come with the 4 cyl. LT2.

I must agree...I'm still SO pleased with my trim and final color choice for my mother's, and so is she:

Image00001.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Beautiful lines in the first place...then add in a perfect color and almost too good looking of wheels, and it's just a stunner.

I must agree...I'm still SO pleased with my trim and final color choice for my mother's, and so is she:

Image00001.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Beautiful lines in the first place...then add in a perfect color and almost too good looking of wheels, and it's just a stunner.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

the wheels on your LT are my favorite design for the malibu. obviously the V6 LTZ are hot too, but for a 4 cyl model GM went out of thier way to make an attractive design and I commend them for it, so this is my favorite model of the malibu line and i definitely would want to own one like yours. I don't know if it was you who was looking for a new car...I think you are. I remember wanting to post that you should consider Malibu cause it has such a young professional look to it, it just looks like an urban professional hipster's kind of car, one that wants to remain modest. but I remember reading too you had fun with the G6 coupe, and fun is an important consideration when you're plunking down all this cash, too. back to the malibu though, I've said it various times, but it really is the best looking sedan out there under $30k.

the wheels on your LT are my favorite design for the malibu. obviously the V6 LTZ are hot too, but for a 4 cyl model GM went out of thier way to make an attractive design and I commend them for it, so this is my favorite model of the malibu line and i definitely would want to own one like yours. I don't know if it was you who was looking for a new car...I think you are. I remember wanting to post that you should consider Malibu cause it has such a young professional look to it, it just looks like an urban professional hipster's kind of car, one that wants to remain modest. but I remember reading too you had fun with the G6 coupe, and fun is an important consideration when you're plunking down all this cash, too. back to the malibu though, I've said it various times, but it really is the best looking sedan out there under $30k.

Yes, that was me, and it was actually my month with a last gen '07 Malibu 2.2L that sparked the whole Malibu interest, and teamed with the look and exciting commercials, made my mother want to trade her Suburban for the Dark Gray beauty you see above.

GM really got this car so right in looks, ESPECIALLY the 2LT's and LTZ's, it's a knockout. I love mom's like my own and almost went for one, then I went loopy, and got a platform mate G6 coupe instead. The interior and overall sophisticated look aren't at the same level, but the coupe layout and tuning make it really fun.

But yeah...Malibu, oh Malibu, I love you. Funny enough, yesterday out of the blue, I saw 5 and EACH one was a 2LT 4-cyl. Looks great in every color, and the wheels, of course, add to that ritzy aura.

Interesting thing happened today, I was driving into a parking lot and as usual, something caught my eye, just saw bits of it, and thought, jeez another Lexus, then I moved up further, it was a black Malibu LTZ!.....looked damned sexy. So then I started to park and noticed a new Cadillac CTS just a bit further down and had the opportunity to compare the profiles of both....I'll get hate mail for sure, but the Malibu was the hands down winner in the visual allure department.

Ahhh... sat in a few LTZ's recently.

A couple thoughts - the orange-ish inserts and chrome were a turn-off for me.

However, there's a tan/woodgrain version that was much more interesting.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0