The Curse finally gets me

Last night the Silverado had a fight with a stump - the Silverado won, but there has been "collateral damage".

I'll try to post a pic or two tomorrow.

One fender is toast and I'm going to need a grille understructure and likely, a turn signal assembly.

Flying stumps pack a serious punch. :rolleyes:

Could be worse, you could have tried to do the same with a Tundra.

Your grill would be fine but the truck would have ripped in two pieces.

I say go to a busy store with NO security cameras on the parking lot, then park your truck there and shop for like an hour and go to your truck act surprised and make sure there's plastic pieces on the ground and remove the tape. call police file report for hit and run then have insurance company fix it.

Edited by capriceman

I say go to a busy store with NO security cameras on the parking lot, then park your truck there and shop for like an hour and go to your truck act surprised and make sure there's plastic pieces on the ground and remove the tape. call police file report for hit and run then have insurance company fix it.

:lol:

Well, it is covered (less the deductible), but I am considering not fixing it.

We'll see.

I think I would still do it anyways...it could start rusting there....

Plus, you still want it to look somewhat nice....

You are probably right, though rust doesn't really matter since the fender is junk at this point.

I guess I'm just more concerned with other things at the moment. And, I can't take the time to get the repair done until later.

Pics

Eeegads! Camino, that looks worse than what I had envisioned last night when I saw your post originally. My goodness mercy me. And, to think it looks worse in person? Aye.

Heh...when I caused this dent in front passenger side fender of my then parents' '81 MC SC (now mine)...

http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/mc1981/Cor...1_02r8_jpg.html

...I was shocked when I got out and looked at it ... I could've sworn a barely touched the telephone poll with the car!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Baseball season is underway" ... Steve Goodman ... 'GO CUBS GO'

Put a claim in to your insurance. Tell them you don't know where you want it fixed. Let them send someone out to write the estimate and pay you. Buy a fender and have it painted (and any other parts you need). If I remember correctly, you can get the grille trim piece separately, is that the only part of the grille that's broken? You can fix it yourself when you have the time, and save the money for the labor on the insurance check. The insurance owes you for the damage, whether you have it fixed or not, they don't care. One complication though is if you are still paying the truck off, if so, they may need to issue the check to you and your bank.

Put a claim in to your insurance. Tell them you don't know where you want it fixed. Let them send someone out to write the estimate and pay you. Buy a fender and have it painted (and any other parts you need). If I remember correctly, you can get the grille trim piece separately, is that the only part of the grille that's broken? You can fix it yourself when you have the time, and save the money for the labor on the insurance check. The insurance owes you for the damage, whether you have it fixed or not, they don't care. One complication though is if you are still paying the truck off, if so, they may need to issue the check to you and your bank.

I know, I know.

When I get the chance, I'm going to check into things more closely. Most of these parts fit together with plastic tabs, many of which are broken off. I need to see just which parts have to be replaced but that will take time I can't spare at the moment. I am still paying on the truck, so I'll have to look into that aspect of things.

What kind of Silverado is it? Besides a 2005-2007 (classic) 2500 HD? Duramax, 8100 or 6.0? Trans ZF six speed, six speed auto, 5spd. auto or 4 spd. auto or a 5spd stick? Is it an LS, LT or W/T? What cab does it have. I would have it fixed it is a great looking truck!

What kind of Silverado is it? Besides a 2005-2007 (classic) 2500 HD? Duramax, 8100 or 6.0? Trans ZF six speed, six speed auto, 5spd. auto or 4 spd. auto or a 5spd stick? Is it an LS, LT or W/T? What cab does it have. I would have it fixed it is a great looking truck!

Thanks for the compliment.

It's a 2005 2500HD with the Duramax/Alison combo and it is a regular cab in LS trim.

You have an excellent truck. The D-Max and the 5spd. auto make a great team. That sucker could sit and smoke tires all-day. Please for my sake fix that sucker I see enough what would be a perfectly nice truck beat up. With that new front end (for 05 on HD's and for 06 on 1500's) it would be a shame not to fix her. Do you have a chip in her?

You have an excellent truck. The D-Max and the 5spd. auto make a great team. That sucker could sit and smoke tires all-day. Please for my sake fix that sucker I see enough what would be a perfectly nice truck beat up. With that new front end (for 05 on HD's and for 06 on 1500's) it would be a shame not to fix her. Do you have a chip in her?

No chip - the purpose of this truck is to work for a living and it is more than powerful enough stock.

I will fix it eventually, I'm just overwhelmed with other pressures at the moment and can't have the truck out of service even for a day.

I was actually surprised at how little this incident upset me. I've been dealing with so much crap that it seemed minor, I guess.

I gotcha but uhhhhh you being Mr. Power I am slightly suprised. I like Chevy's tho. Glad you didn't get too rattled over it. I would have beat myself up over something like that too. I knock a mirror of the Bonneville recently but tried not to let it get to me. It could be replaced after all they are just cars.