Derek77

First Drive: 2009 Chevrolet Traverse

128 posts in this topic

I don't think white is the best color for a magazine review, but it still looks pretty good from some angles. From other angles it looks kind of awkward. Interior looks great.

How can you like this better than a true SUV like a Suburban or Tahoe. The Traverse is decent looking with a good interior but the Enclave has it beat hands down. The Suburban and Tahoe are way better look than the Trav and tie the Enclave in my book. I like the way the Suburban and Tahoe look, they have a musclar look, lots of functional room big V8 power, and can tow a huge camper. You take your 2009 Trav LTZ and I'll gladly pay the difference and get a loaded LTZ Suburban in white with beige leather and 5.3L V8 and six speed automatic please. You notice if I had the money I would have a Suburban or Tahoe. My Torrent was only a hair over 16K NEW, if I had the money for a Trav I would rather have a slightly pre-owned Suburban even tho, I don't tow large things, but nothing beats a good ol' BOF SUV, plus the GMT-900 SUV's have a kick a$$ interior way better than the Trav just my view on it. I like it but not as much as a Suburban then again I have always like those and the Tahoe's in uplevel LTZ or LT and or Z71 trim. Now ask me what I would rather have a decked out Enclave or a Suburban LTZ that would be a much harder choice!

I love the clean styling of the truck, and the interior looks great in the photos. The pricing is where this is supposed to shine...so we will see.

My problem is I need to drive the Tahoe when I haul the wagon around in the trailer for long distance shows. If I did not need to do that, a Lambda would be in my driveway.

Laugh at this one, but I am actually looking at buying a Tahoe LTZ under the 72 hour sale, then looking for a used/demo HHR to drive to work and around town. Keep the Tahoe parked and use it for business, trips and hauling only.

It's okay. You can tell that the profile is borrowed from the Enclave, but it is not as obvious of a rebadge job as some of the General's other offenses in their "create-a-clone" past. They did do a better job of disguising the fact that the overall profile is shared with the Enclave. I don't think a casual observer would really notice the similarity. They also gave the two vehicles their own distinct interior designs. Overall, it's an admirable effort; although I do prefer the Enclave and Acadia to this. I do rate the Traverse above the Outlook. The Outlook is kind of dorky looking and doesn't fit in well with Saturn's new image as a sleek, Euro influenced division.

This isn't the kind of vehicle GM needs right now, so I can't really make myself care.

If the seating on this is essentially the same as the other Lambda's, it's fine for what it is, but it's got nothing on comfort compared to the suburban. I would ride cross-country in the 3rd row of a suburban, and I'm 6ft. The Lambda's have their place, but they're not better in *every* way.

If the seating on this is essentially the same as the other Lambda's, it's fine for what it is, but it's got nothing on comfort compared to the suburban. I would ride cross-country in the 3rd row of a suburban, and I'm 6ft. The Lambda's have their place, but they're not better in *every* way.

I'm 6 foot and if the seats are adjusted right, I can sit perfectly comfortably in all three rows at the same time (in other words, if there were 6 of me, a Lambda could haul all 6 of me comfortably).

I'd still choose a particular minivan - one that's roomier inside and more fuel efficient - but I suppose this crossover is cooler, regardless if "the van is back" or not.

It should be interesting to see how Traverse compares with Flex (or in Michiganian, "Flecks").

I don't think white is the best color for a magazine review, but it still looks pretty good from some angles. From other angles it looks kind of awkward. Interior looks great.

I actually like the white. It's pure and refreshing next to a sea of dull silver and grey Acadias and Outlooks.

It should be interesting to see how Traverse compares with Flex (or in Michiganian, "Flecks").

how do you say it? i'm in SE missouri....and it might sound slightly different from a michagander, but typing....that how it sounds to me... or the best way to type how it sounds.

the traver.....sty... lol if it's priced well, it will sell ok, hopefully it doesn't only steal sales.

Toe- go for it is a great time to buy a Tahoe they want to give them away, more people around here like the Burb's better because of larger cargo area. Or wait a few months so you can get one with a six speed auto. They are still better looking than the Traverse.

Too little, too late. As a Trailblazer replacement, fine. But this thing needs a 2 mode hybride NOW.

I'll wait for the new minivan in 2nd quarter '09, thanks.

Please Do Tell! :D

Too little, too late. As a Trailblazer replacement, fine. But this thing needs a 2 mode hybride NOW.

What new minivan? Is Canada getting the Zafira or something?

even my wife now says 'no minivan'. guys, women control car sales. women think minivans are unsexy for their aging wrappers. GM is fine right now by selling 4 styles of lambda. yes chevy does need a minivan but for right now its ok. women have established a huge stigma on real minivans that almost can't be overcome right now.

even my wife now says 'no minivan'. guys, women control car sales. women think minivans are unsexy for their aging wrappers. GM is fine right now by selling 4 styles of lambda. yes chevy does need a minivan but for right now its ok. women have established a huge stigma on real minivans that almost can't be overcome right now.

What was that line you said about not letting your wife keep your balls in her purse? :P

If a minivan is clearly the most practicle choice than vanity should be set aside, we've got enough of that in this soceity anyway.

Looks like the Traverse will be a good family hauler for the post-SUV era...still too heavy, though.

Women tend to be very practical, which is why they would choose a $25k minivan that gets 30 mpg over a $40k SUV that gets 25.

The Traverse may end up being the 'new Tahoe' as gas prices soar, but I doubt these will sell all that well in Canada, where the Acadia has already soaked up whatever demand there may have been.

Since the minivans have always soundly outsold the SUVs here, in the land of $5.50 a gallon (we passed $4 a gallon 18 months ago, boys and girls), the promised minivan that should be in show room floors by mid-'09 is much awaited up here in the hinterland.

We've been trying to reinvent the station wagon for the past 25 years.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room