Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Take the census

Try to get your votes in by the evening of 7/6. We intend to compile the results and put them on the front page for GM to see in plain sight.

Yeah, this was a great idea! I need to go through them all and answer, both for me and the rest of the household.

Would be great feedback for GM...at least from those who tend to be GM loyalists, that is.

Done.

There wasn't a spot to list my new import purchases since 1998:

- 1999 Mazda Miata 10th Anniversary Edition (6MT)

- 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE (5MT)

- 2005 BMW 330i ZHP (6MT) -- from the nice people at BMW Individual and the letter M

oh and my 2004 Harley Fatboy fuelie

Done.

There wasn't a spot to list my new import purchases since 1998:

- 1999 Mazda Miata 10th Anniversary Edition (6MT)

- 2001 Nissan Pathfinder SE (5MT)

- 2005 BMW 330i ZHP (6MT) -- from the nice people at BMW Individual and the letter M

oh and my 2004 Harley Fatboy fuelie

Well, hence why they were GM brand specific. We could start a whole other thing about our non-GM purchases and why...maybe that's next.

You know it will be looked at by GM as just a GM Enthuiast site poll and will be regarded as such. Put this poll on Southern Living Magazine's website, HGTV.com, Foodnetwork.com, HomeDepot.com or even Walmart.com and I think you would have GM's undivided attention.

Just a thought!

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

You know it will be looked at by GM as just a GM Enthuiast site poll and will be regarded as such. Put this poll on Southern Living Magazine's website, HGTV.com, Foodnetwork.com, HomeDepot.com or even Walmart.com and I think you would have GM's undivided attention.

Just a thought!

That's part of the problem.

Sorry but I think any numbers from this poll will be extremely underwhelming. And so, when you tally the results, if 5 people vote for (or, if no one votes for).... pick one... GMC, what will that signify?

It's nice that you're trying to give a picture of the enthusiasm there may be for GM brands, but I don't think that this is the way to do it.

Better to have a writing project: "In 25 Words Or Less" what does [ your favorite GM brand ] mean to you? That way, it's not pitting the brands against each other to score a higher number.

Sorry but I think any numbers from this poll will be extremely underwhelming. And so, when you tally the results, if 5 people vote for (or, if no one votes for).... pick one... GMC, what will that signify?

It's nice that you're trying to give a picture of the enthusiasm there may be for GM brands, but I don't think that this is the way to do it.

Better to have a writing project: "In 25 Words Or Less" what does [ your favorite GM brand ] mean to you? That way, it's not pitting the brands against each other to score a higher number.

You are reading way too much into this.

I am most interested in where C&G stands.

Understood, but those numbers will be so small. In the course of two years, how many new cars can anybody buy?

I like Buick (duh...) but since 1998, they've offered some of the worst choices, like that year when all that they had were 4 similar four-door cars (Century, Regal, LeSabre, Park Avenue).

Edited by wildcat

One of your questions was, if I recall correctly, do you intend to purchase a ___ in the next two years. If I like the Volt, for instance, that should be out in just over two years. So I guess I'd write 0. (Just a hypothetical.)

Now I'm bored with this.

One of your questions was, if I recall correctly, do you intend to purchase a ___ in the next two years. If I like the Volt, for instance, that should be out in just over two years. So I guess I'd write 0. (Just a hypothetical.)

Now I'm bored with this.

Sorry that you're bored, I'm rather enjoying this myself.

The question was phrased as the purchase being made within the "next two model years" to avoid both ancient history and pie in the sky maybe someday responses. I'm looking to see just how serious we all are about this. And how serious we have been recently.

Why don't we just wait for the results and how they are presented before throwing the wet blanket?

Just a thought!

That's part of the problem.

GM's problem is that they dont make all of their decisions based on a small segment of the population that happens to gather in a small corner of the internet? All you're proposing, Camino, is a focus group, just a focus group that comes up with what you want instead of what GM's focus groups have been coming up with the last 20-30 years.

GM's problem is that they dont make all of their decisions based on a small segment of the population that happens to gather in a small corner of the internet? All you're proposing, Camino, is a focus group, just a focus group that comes up with what you want instead of what GM's focus groups have been coming up with the last 20-30 years.

Dead wrong.

before throwing the wet blanket?

The wet blanket may be on this website, but others have thrown it more frequently and seriously than me. Look around. For example, why doesn't somebody even care enough on this website to keep things updated? Look at the description shown for the Buick forum. It still says "trucks" and "Beyond Precision." Under GMC trucks, it still reads 2007! C'mon, with the Internet, you can update easily and instantly.

The wet blanket may be on this website, but others have thrown it more frequently and seriously than me. Look around. For example, why doesn't somebody even care enough on this website to keep things updated? Look at the description shown for the Buick forum. It still says "trucks" and "Beyond Precision." Under GMC trucks, it still reads 2007! C'mon, with the Internet, you can update easily and instantly.

You can feel that way if you like.

What I don't understand is the venom directed at what most here seem to be enjoying. I had an idea that was a new approach in which we could all participate. Most seem to be having fun with it.

So shoot me. :blink:

Truly, I'm not shooting you and have nothing against you or your poll.

Truly, I'm glad that you and others are enjoying it.

Even though I personally don't understand it or see much purpose in it, which means nothing to anyone except me.

I'll take it to be my problem.

I'm all wound up because everywhere I read GM is on the verge of burning through all its cash, may be cutting some

brand(s), is in poor shape this-or-that, etc. etc. I have the problem that I can't enjoy the poll, ignoring reality that

some of these brands supposedly will soon be history. All that frustration boiled over. I'm frustrated because there

doesn't seem to be anything we can do but sit on the sidelines while the boardroom decides which brand(s) to axe.

I don't want to vote in that poll, because it isn't quite so cut and dry. For Buick fans such as myself, GM has cut the

brand down to 3 models but has yet to be able to offer even 3 competitive or class-leading vehicles at the same time.

No, I haven't bought a new Buick after 1998 because they had such mediocre offerings. And there was always the

"wait until ___" for the coming model! Likewise, all this talk of combining Buick NA with Buick China has yet to mean much.

We can't even seem to agree whether the new Epsilon II will be called Invicta or LaCrosse. (And if GM is so dumb to

keep the LaCrosse name... I have yet to see anyone, anywhere ask that the LaCrosse name be kept...)

Perhaps what I wrote will make some sense. If not, so be it.

Sorry, Camino LS6, I didn't mean to cause any trouble here.

Edited by wildcat

Truly, I'm not shooting you and have nothing against you or your poll.

Truly, I'm glad that you and others are enjoying it.

Even though I personally don't understand it or see much purpose in it, which means nothing to anyone except me.

I'll take it to be my problem.

I'm all wound up because everywhere I read GM is on the verge of burning through all its cash, may be cutting some

brand(s), is in poor shape this-or-that, etc. etc. I have the problem that I can't enjoy the poll, ignoring reality that

some of these brands supposedly will soon be history. All that frustration boiled over. I'm frustrated because there

doesn't seem to be anything we can do but sit on the sidelines while the boardroom decides which brand(s) to axe.

I don't want to vote in that poll, because it isn't quite so cut and dry. For Buick fans such as myself, GM has cut the

brand down to 3 models but has yet to be able to offer even 3 competitive or class-leading vehicles at the same time.

No, I haven't bought a new Buick after 1998 because they had such mediocre offerings. And there was always the

"wait until ___" for the coming model! Likewise, all this talk of combining Buick NA with Buick China has yet to mean much.

We can't even seem to agree whether the new Epsilon II will be called Invicta or LaCrosse. (And if GM is so dumb to

keep the LaCrosse name... I have yet to see anyone, anywhere ask that the LaCrosse name be kept...)

Perhaps what I wrote will make some sense. If not, so be it.

Sorry, Camino LS6, I didn't mean to cause any trouble here.

No problem, now I understand.

I actually hoped to give voice to all of us that are feeling just like you are about a given brand with this poll.

I really do want to see where we (as members of C&G) stand. I want to see where and how we are putting our money where our mouths are.

Take the poll.

Make a comment.

You aren't the only Buick fan around these parts. :AH-HA_wink:

• 2 weeks later...

We're taking all that into account now as we compile the results. We do intend to put up final tallies and post the results on the front page for all eyes (especially GM's) to see.

Its still pointless, because, in the end, its still a captive audience, the membership of a GM fansite. Do you think you're going to get an accurate look at any brand's future sales? This sample is not representative of the general public. Its like asking 5000 people in Utah who they're going to vote for in the presidential election, sure its a big sample, but not an overly representative one.

Its still pointless, because, in the end, its still a captive audience, the membership of a GM fansite. Do you think you're going to get an accurate look at any brand's future sales? This sample is not representative of the general public. Its like asking 5000 people in Utah who they're going to vote for in the presidential election, sure its a big sample, but not an overly representative one.

How many times do I have to explain that that is not the point? :rolleyes: