Who would use this as a demo derby car?

Satty

Linkypoo

I'll copy/paste:

DERBY DEMO CAR 77/78 CHEVY MALIBU WAGON NO DENTS - $650 (Springdale, AR)

1977/78 Malibu wagon for sale. NO PAPERWORK AT THIS TIME but I think I could get it if needed. Ive owned this wagon 10 years or more and the 350 4bbl runs real good. Turbo 350 trans, deep tread on tires no dents, started and driven a few times a year. Still have time to prep for the Springdale Demolition Derby in August. I kept it just to have in the driveway at a house I own so it didnt look so empty. This wagon has alot of potential and hard to find. No e-mails, call me in Springdale at 479-445-8691

0101070115020102102008080832e2ed624a4d29

Sure, not having paperwork makes it a little tougher, but that thing looks like it has a ton of miles left in it. If someone were to offer me $1000 for the Buick today, I'd take it and drive to Springdale tomorrow to buy the Chevy. I hope it doesn't end up in a derby.

If I could find a deal like that around here it would be in my driveway already. I love the Colonnade-era wagons and they absolutely DO NOT EXIST in my neck of the woods. They were all derbied years ago or rotted up to the door handles and junked. I've seen exactly one of this style wagon in person, a '77ish Cutlass, about four years ago, and it was beat to death. That's it. I would kill to have that wagon! If anybody derbies that wagon I will fly to Arkansas and punch them in the face personally.

Anywhere else in the country, I would be suspicious of the low price, lack of title and not knowing the year. But its in Arkansas, so the dude probably won it in a dog or cock fight. If this had been up 10 days ago, I would have felt obligated to drive down there (its about 100 miles) and take a good, hard look, but one old GM wagon is all I can handle right now.

I can't recall the last time I saw a Collonade wagon in any condition. There was a 4dr '74 Grand Am (dark blue) in my neighborhood in Denver...kind of looked out of place in a neighborhood full of late model SUVs, Japanese and European cars (lots of Acuras, Hondas, Subarus, Toyotas, Lexuses, Audis, BMWs, Jeeps..)

If I could find a deal like that around here it would be in my driveway already.

Man, f--k the driveway, that thing would be on SoCal roads with me at the wheel and a chick to my right TODAY...and us getting on action similar to the avatar TONIGHT.

I would kill to have that wagon! If anybody derbies that wagon I will fly to Arkansas and punch them in the face personally.

I would too, because throwing a fairly together looking car like that in a damn derby or monster truck crush off is that bulls--t.

The least one of us could do is tell the guy the significance of the car and for him to take all that derby language out of his ad. Save the good classics one car at a time.

Oh, and as far as what I would use as a demo derby car, I'm sure some bulls--t ex-police/hack Crown Vic of the last 10 years would suffice.

Then again maybe not...the gas tanks explode on those things.

"Never mind!"--Emily Litella

Linkypoo

I'll copy/paste:

DERBY DEMO CAR 77/78 CHEVY MALIBU WAGON NO DENTS - $650 (Springdale, AR)

1977/78 Malibu wagon for sale. NO PAPERWORK AT THIS TIME but I think I could get it if needed. Ive owned this wagon 10 years or more and the 350 4bbl runs real good. Turbo 350 trans, deep tread on tires no dents, started and driven a few times a year. Still have time to prep for the Springdale Demolition Derby in August. I kept it just to have in the driveway at a house I own so it didnt look so empty. This wagon has alot of potential and hard to find. No e-mails, call me in Springdale at 479-445-8691

0101070115020102102008080832e2ed624a4d29

Sure, not having paperwork makes it a little tougher, but that thing looks like it has a ton of miles left in it. If someone were to offer me $1000 for the Buick today, I'd take it and drive to Springdale tomorrow to buy the Chevy. I hope it doesn't end up in a derby.

We have a client at work who has several family memebers who compete in Derby's all over the midwest. They have run a lot of cars which started out MUCH nicer than this.

Sad to say, but true.

Chris

Too bad... sux.

Hopefully an euthusiast will snatch it up and it

will live to see at least another 31 years.

Me, I've got bigger fish to fry, need to get my

B-59 running & as of late I CAN NOT get that

'38 Dodge out of my mind.

I'm thinking the guy will take $3,000 or so if

I show up with cash, so now all that remains

is winning a scratch ticket for $7000 so I can

give half to Julie and use the other half for

ANOTHER toy. :P

XP: You're right, those things are near non-

existant here except once in a while at some

random carshow at some abandoned parking

lot in a has-been town out in western mass.

I do remember seeing them from time to time

when I was a 8/9/10 in the late 1980s.

Quick add, searched "demo derby" on google and came up with a beautiful 87 Olds wagon that someone was putting up for sale as a derby car.

We need to do something to raise the "collectable" level of 80's and 70's GM stuff!

Chris

Quick add, searched "demo derby" on google and came up with a beautiful 87 Olds wagon that someone was putting up for sale as a derby car.

We need to do something to raise the "collectable" level of 80's and 70's GM stuff!

You are right about that. And get the aftermarket to start making parts for these cars.

Chris